• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Tomodachi Life General Discussion

Hamusuta

miss juicy baby!
Bells
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Tomodachi-life.png

About the game:
Tomodachi Life takes place on an island inhabited by various Miis, which the player can import from their 3DS, other devices, or QR codes, or create from scratch using the 3DS' camera or the in-game creation tools. These Miis can be given their own voice, which is spoken in vocal synthesizer software, and a unique personality based on slider inputs given. Miis can then perform various actions, such as eating, trying on different outfits, falling in love with someone of the opposite sex, and doing many leisurely activities. As more Miis are introduced, many strange and curious interactions can occur between Miis, such as friendship, rivalry, bizarre musical numbers, and more.

Gameplay:

NOTE: PLEASE VISIT THIS THREAD IN ORDER TO VIEW MEMBERS' MII QR CODES SO YOU CAN SCAN THEM AND PLAY WITH THEM IN YOUR TOMODACHI LIFE :)

Last edited:
I got this game downloaded on my 3ds and if it does go over seas

you might be like me and play it constantly for 2 days now.

It defiantly resembles The Sims type gameplay, plus it's not published by EA, so that's a bonus.

Who is the evil person who introduced this game just to torture us here in North America? Great, now I'll lose the rest of the day looking up videos of this on YouTube...

But seriously - this would justify my time playing around on the Mii Maker. I'm already imagining an apartment with my favorite TV characters...

Who is the evil person who introduced this game just to torture us here in North America? Great, now I'll lose the rest of the day looking up videos of this on YouTube...

But seriously - this would justify my time playing around on the Mii Maker. I'm already imagining an apartment with my favorite TV characters...

I'm not ebil ;_; And you have no idea how much love me and Jenna Ushkowitz are going to have :D

(@Jake. ujelly?)

So, I've been playing this game since a few days and I'm hooked on it. What could've been an hour-long session ended up adding 30 more minutes easily. Seeing how the Miis do things (and reacts) is a part of fun. I'll drop down some pictures inside the spoiler bar, to see how much I enjoyed!

attachment.php

I'm stalking for other people in their dreams, hehe!

attachment.php

Rapid-Fire tapping is the key to the success!

attachment.php

Link's outift! Or is that more like of Peter Pan?

attachment.php

Magical Girl Bowser! He seems to like sushi, though...

attachment.php

Group picture of my current Miis

So, I've been playing this game since a few days and I'm hooked on it. What could've been an hour-long session ended up adding 30 more minutes easily. Seeing how the Miis do things (and reacts) is a part of fun. I'll drop down some pictures inside the spoiler bar, to see how much I enjoyed!

attachment.php

I'm stalking for other people in their dreams, hehe!

attachment.php

Rapid-Fire tapping is the key to the success!

attachment.php

Link's outift! Or is that more like of Peter Pan?

attachment.php

Magical Girl Bowser! He seems to like sushi, though...

attachment.php

Group picture of my current Miis

Oh my gosh you actually have it!! I'm so jealous right now, do you recommend it to us? Or is it kind of boring? :O

Actually, this game easily beats Nintendogs. I know that's an unfair comparison, but the latter seemed to be too monotonous for my tastes. In Tomodachi Collection, you constantly get to do something, even after waiting for a couple of minutes. And they do happen on almost anytime, regardless of when you get to play the game.

And the Mii integration is the most important feature in this game. Your Mii will be thrown on various situations (sometimes in a hilarious way). I mean, who doesn't want to see a Wario Mii falling into love with a random girl? And what's about Bowser being a White Sushi Magical Girl?

But, does it worth importing a Japanese 3DS with this game? Well, if you're willing enough to learn Japanese, go ahead. The game seems to require you a bit more advanced understanding of Japanese than Animal Crossing: New Leaf does. If a localization of this title is happening, I'll say wait for that. Though, the game will have to undergo with many changes like it happened while localizing Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan into Elite Beat Agents.

Oooo i saw this video yesterday! :D I want to so bad too. I'm a major Sims fan and enjoy these life simulation games. I'm really hoping they will translate and release it.

Actually, this game easily beats Nintendogs. I know that's an unfair comparison, but the latter seemed to be too monotonous for my tastes. In Tomodachi Collection, you constantly get to do something, even after waiting for a couple of minutes. And they do happen on almost anytime, regardless of when you get to play the game.

And the Mii integration is the most important feature in this game. Your Mii will be thrown on various situations (sometimes in a hilarious way). I mean, who doesn't want to see a Wario Mii falling into love with a random girl? And what's about Bowser being a White Sushi Magical Girl?

But, does it worth importing a Japanese 3DS with this game? Well, if you're willing enough to learn Japanese, go ahead. The game seems to require you a bit more advanced understanding of Japanese than Animal Crossing: New Leaf does. If a localization of this title is happening, I'll say wait for that. Though, the game will have to undergo with many changes like it happened while localizing Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan into Elite Beat Agents.

Thanks for your input! I know I'm not going to import a Japanese 3DS for it though, I'm not that rich lol xD But all I can do is keep my hopes up. And I do understand that if it does come globally it will be sometime next year... so I hope its worth the wait ^_^

Though, the game will have to undergo with many changes like it happened while localizing Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan into Elite Beat Agents.

This is why I sometimes doubt this will come overseas. If it were to release here, they would probably have to take out the voices completely since English doesn't have a phonetic alphabet, they would have to change most of the foods and dishes, change a lot of events and minigames... the game has a lot of Japanese culture aspects that would make it hard to localize. I really want to see this localized, but yeah, it will probably go through a lot of changes.

if they took out the gay marriage in this game ill be upset lmao
but it looks cute

The more I look at info about the game the more excited I get c:

First time I've ever heard of tomodachi life. Looks fricking terrifying.. What even.

This is coming out on June 6th! Will this replace Animal Crossing? Maybe.
I really wanted to play this since LinandKo. I think that they had a pretty heavy influence on getting this game out to people. Just an opinion.

Back