• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you shampoo?

How often do you shampoo your hair?

• Every day

Votes: 71 39.7%
  • Every other day

Votes: 76 42.5%
  • Once a week

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (don't vote for this option)

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take to wash hair -_-
Well:
-Shampoo
-Conditioner
OR
Conditioning treatment if I am due for it, which takes loner
-Detangle as I condition
-Let the conditioner sit (I usually use that time to shave to help save some time)
-Towel dry a bit
-Distribute argan oil through the hair evenly
-Towel dry in a towel turban
-Blow dry a bit if I am in a rush, this means heat protectant must be distributed and the hair will be frizzy later so I need to come up with a way to pull it back
OR
Let it air dry which can take all day and the hair must be down or it will not dry in the middle
-Potentially straighten, which again includes heat protectant evenly distributed through my hair and takes about half an hour
-I always have to somehow dry/straighten my bans which takes about 5 - 7 minutes

So it takes a good while any time I wash my hair.

Last edited:
If you keep your hair short, it's fine to shampoo it everyday because you keep having new hair grow in and cutting off the old hair pretty often. But if your hair is longer, you keep the same hair for longer, and then the damage of frequent shampooing will accumulate over time, so it's better to not do it too often.

My hair is pretty long as well, but I shampoo it every 3-4 days. I don't wash my hair often because I believe it's helathy to let the natural oils from your roots reach your ends and it's also (rumored) that it promotes hair growth. :)

My hair used to be super-duper long and it would take me about an hour to wash all of it and comb it out. I just cut my hair short for the first time in like 10 years so now it takes less time to wash my hair...but I still spend a good bit of time in the shower singing and such.

Normally, maybe once or twice a week. Usually less in the wintertime but I'm trying to fade the blue out of my hair as quickly as possible, so lately it's been every other day.. but with LOTS of conditioner.

Normally, maybe once or twice a week. Usually less in the wintertime but I'm trying to fade the blue out of my hair as quickly as possible, so lately it's been every other day.. but with LOTS of conditioner.

cant u cut the blue off??

Well:
-Shampoo
-Conditioner
OR
Conditioning treatment if I am due for it, which takes loner
-Detangle as I condition
-Let the conditioner sit (I usually use that time to shave to help save some time)
-Towel dry a bit
-Distribute argan oil through the hair evenly
-Towel dry in a towel turban
-Blow dry a bit if I am in a rush, this means heat protectant must be distributed and the hair will be frizzy later so I need to come up with a way to pull it back
OR
Let it air dry which can take all day and the hair must be down or it will not dry in the middle
-Potentially straighten, which again includes heat protectant evenly distributed through my hair and takes about half an hour
-I always have to somehow dry/straighten my bans which takes about 5 - 7 minutes

So it takes a good while any time I wash my hair.

So basically it takes a long time because of optional stuff you do, ok.

Shampoo and conditioning does not take long on it's own.

Why is there no option for 'whenever I feel like it' which is like hardly ever. Maybe a few times a month

- - - Post Merge - - -

And what is 'every other day'

thats wat manly men do

in fact we just smear our hair in the musk gland of a freshly killed deer

I shampoo every day. I don't think it's doing anything bad to my hair, but if I notice any change I'll shampoo every other day instead. I couldn't go for longer than that with shampooing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why is there no option for 'whenever I feel like it' which is like hardly ever. Maybe a few times a month

- - - Post Merge - - -

And what is 'every other day'

'Every other day' means you do it one day, then you don't do it the next, then you do it the day after that, but not the day after that, etc

I shampoo every day. I don't think it's doing anything bad to my hair, but if I notice any change I'll shampoo every other day instead. I couldn't go for longer than that with shampooing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

'Every other day' means you do it one day, then you don't do it the next, then you do it the day after that, but not the day after that, etc
Ok thank you

Depending on length and thickness shampoo and conditioner can take a while actually.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Consider their hair type as well but that seems a little much mermaid. lol
I take good care if my hair. I have gotten lots of compliments on it's strength and health because of ithat. Plus I dye it a lot and my hair is naturally dry so I have to be extra careful.

Jeez, is there no middle-ground whatsoever between every other day and once a week? XD

I wash my hair every 4-5 days. One of the great advantages of cutting my hair almost boy-short is that I don't look like a greasy mess whenever I don't wash my head for more than 2 days. So I take advantage of it :p

I wash every 2-3 days. I've tried not washing for longer. I've even tried going no-poo for a while. If you don't know what no-poo means, then google it. I guarantee it's not what you think it is lol
I've tried everything under the sun, but what seems to work best for me is washing it every 2-3 days. I heard if you wash less, then your scalp will produce less oil. That didn't work for me. I was an oily, stinky mess for 2 months and lost SOOO much hair. I had to chop off over 8 inches of my hair which made me really sad, as I love my long hair. I have hair down to my hips again, and I'll never be doing that again >.> Some people are just born like this. My mom told me ever since I was a baby, I've always had a lot of hair and had an oily scalp. Kid you not, I was born with a full head of hair. It was long enough that they had to wash it and tie it. I got curls for dayz now.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back