• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Easter Egg Hunt Aftermath

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Easter Egg Hunt Aftermath

*removes bunny suit*

Surprise, it's me! And SockHead! Shocking, right? :p

Thanks for participating in the hunt everyone. It was a blast to put together with the various hints and posting in Egg Lord characer, haha. I hope we made everyone's Easter as fun as possible! Anyway, I have a few extra things to share since the hunt is now over:

Report Comments

Some of you left simple messages like "I found the egg!", which is perfectly fine. However, some other members took it upon themselves to write Sock and I some rather humorous message! Here's a list of some of my favourites:

The easter bunny is my *****

i'm gonna hate myself in the morning, but it'll be worth it

because i'll have a bunny token that i cannot even touch with my own hands and WHO AM I KIDDING THIS ISN'T WORTH IT

Accidental egg get!

I opened this page purely by mistake, LOOOOL

D'oh! It was here all along!? GG Justin.

I thought "chin up" was a workout routine. *facepalm*

i can't even be assed to write messages here anymore

I AM NOT BANNED

ABOUT ****ING TIME WHERE THE **** IS THE EASY 3D ONE HELP ME PLS

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. The self loathing is strong with this one.

AT

AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL- ok once i saw the thread name it became obvious

FOUND THE EGG EVERYBODY GO HOME.

MY EGGIE PLEASE

Mmm smell that sweet, sweet winner smell.

I FINALLY FOUND THIS EGG

/ragequit.exe

...shut up, jubs.

I wasn't even looking for an egg when I found this! But alas, another egg! XD

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

Some creepy bunny keeps leaving eggs in my inbox :mad:

BUNNY LORD I WILL DEVOUR YOUR CHOCOLATE SOUL

EGGEGEGEGEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG <3333333333

OMG dreams do come True! Found this egg^^ thats all 10!

Egg Locations

For those of who didn't quite find every single egg, here's a full list of the eggs and their locations:

EASY:

1) Look inside the painting of the founder for this egg.
http://www.belltreeforums.com/member.php?1-Jeremy

2) Happy Birthday to HarryPitman, Jelltells, DesertSunflower, Aton, jackerkeys, and monexx111!
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?56706-Birthday-Thread

3) Whoa, these eggs are in 3D man!
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?65308-The-3D-Effect

4) Ask the bunny assistants!
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?54737-Ask-the-Staff

MEDIUM:

5) Keep your chin up!
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?64485-A-Sadness-Thread

6) You'll find this egg in the longest (non-deleted) thread in TBT history.
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?1545-The-quot-You're-Banned-quot-Game

7) This egg is in a thread where people fight each other. No flames, just brawls. http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?27644-The-Official-Brawl-Thread

HARD:

8) Find this egg where the long wait began nearly 3 years ago. http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?52406-The-Animal-Crossing-3DS-screenshots

9) This egg is in a thread that was started by a MOD who is a MOD.
Hint #2: The MOD wears footwear on his head
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?63144-im-a-MOD

10) The long lost admin of The Bell Tree holds this egg.
Hint #2: This admin was really SMART.
http://www.belltreeforums.com/member.php?24-Smart_Tech_Dragon_15

If anyone is confused by the hints for some of these, I would be happy to explain the meaning behind them if requested. I think most of them are fairly obvious now that you can see the location though.

Winners

The first person to earn the Bunny Token was Jake, with his Australian egg finding voodoo magic.

Shortly after, Prof Gallows became the second person to earn the Bunny Token.

After that, I finally went to sleep and woke up to a good hundred or so egg reports! (if not more :O) Due to this, I lost track of the order the Tokens were earned. Sorry. :( Here are the rest of the winners:

VillageDweller
Mint
Joey
Superpenguin
oath2order
Kip
KarlaKGB
Keenan
Treasu(red)
Officer Berri
Thunderstruck
Kaiaa
MarineStorm
Torotix
Kumarock11

At least, I think so! With so many reports, it is possible I missed someone who found all ten eggs. If you think this is the case, please do PM me and I will double check for you.

Conclusion

Once again, thanks to everyone who participated! I was a little worried that nobody would find it interesting to play and all the work would have gone to waste. This certainly wasn't the case though!

In addition, I'm open to any feedback you may have about the event and any future events. Tell us what you liked and didn't like about the event! What would you change in a future event?

As I mentioned before, extra special thanks to SockHead for helping me deal with the mass egg reports when I woke up to so many!

I see one of my messages there
I've been recognised by TBT staff
my life is complete tbh

But it was definitely fun! (and aggravating)
It also gave me something to do, otherwise I would've died of boredom so tyvm <3

Thanks for running this it was really fun accept number 9 annoyed me

Number nine made me feel so dumb. I knew what I was looking for but I just could find it at first. xD Then I apparently got confused by another 'you found an egg' image and thought I'd figured it out. This was a lot of fun! :3

Also I think one of those listed messages was mine. :D SOMEONE THINKS I'M FUNNY.

The egg hunt ruined my life. (Joking)

I felt like biting my lip off out of frustration at some points :| and when i finally found the one i was looking for i wanted to bite my lip off cause it was so obvious (#4).

Thanks for putting this together, even though I only found 3 eggs.
That's what I get for being new to the forums. :p

Lol I'm happy one of mine got to be a favorite =p

This was a lot of fun, I'd love to see it happen again next year!

Maybe we could trick or treat on Halloween. I know we had the black candy thing but not everyone got the chance to play.

Totally an idea and may not work: Have a hint (easy, medium, hard) like with Easters activity. The hints represent people we are to message trick or treat to and we get a prize. They would have to be random but dedicated members for it to work. They would pass out candy prizes. First person to 10 candies is the winner and gets a pumpkin trophy or something. We'd have to clear the candies from the shop or make them special candies.

@Jesirawr
It's okay, I reported some random person because he had eggs in his Items (under his avatar). I got a talking to about reporting the right posts, I apparently didn't understand how to do the egg hunt D=

Last edited:
@Jesirawr
It's okay, I reported some random person because he had eggs in his Items (under his avatar). I got a talking to about reporting the right posts, I apparently didn't understand how to do the egg hunt D=

Oh wow, until you mentioned it this way I didn't realize it could be mistaken like that. :O Sorry!

I still think #7 and #3 should have been switched. I mane. #7 was in a stickied thread, #3 wasn't

I still think #7 and #3 should have been switched. I mane. #7 was in a stickied thread, #3 wasn't

Probably, but honestly I wasn't trying to put a lot of thought in the difficulties. I was originally just going to have a list without any sorting until the last minute.

Still, this is something that can/will be improved on in any future events.

Probably, but honestly I wasn't trying to put a lot of thought in the difficulties. I was originally just going to have a list without any sorting until the last minute.

Still, this is something that can/will be improved on in any future events.

m8 it better b improved tht **** was stressin me out

I felt like biting my lip off out of frustration at some points :| and when i finally found the one i was looking for i wanted to bite my lip off cause it was so obvious (#4).

I felt the same way. But really I did feel the love and devotion of the mods (Justin and SockHead) and the rest of the staff who helped put this together. They literally had maybe two days to think the whole thing up and plant everything. I'm already looking forward to next year.

lol I see four of my messages made the list.

It was very fun. Looking forward to any events in the future, and I'll try my best to help out with ideas.

Wow, I looked at the link for "8) Find this egg where the long wait began nearly 3 years ago." and it's so funny to see early reactions!
The posts were like "We're talking a 2012 release here." and a reply "Where are you getting these ideas that it's coming out in 2012? Why would they release screens of a game that would becoming out in 2 1/2 years? On some games, I saw Copyright Nintendo 2010. So I'm pretty sure it's coming out this year."

Too funny... if only we knew -_-

I felt the same way. But really I did feel the love and devotion of the mods (Justin and SockHead) and the rest of the staff who helped put this together. They literally had maybe two days to think the whole thing up and plant everything. I'm already looking forward to next year.

I posted the Egg and Token shop icons at first and it was just going to be in the shop but then Jer suggested the idea of an Easter Egg Hunt to go with them. After that, Sock and I went wild with the idea and we had it all together within a little longer than 24 hours. :D

lol I see four of my messages made the list.

It was very fun. Looking forward to any events in the future, and I'll try my best to help out with ideas.

Yeah, I'm definitely interested in another event in the future after the success we had with this. I'm not sure what exactly what but we will see!

Wow, I looked at the link for "8) Find this egg where the long wait began nearly 3 years ago." and it's so funny to see early reactions!
The posts were like "We're talking a 2012 release here." and a reply "Where are you getting these ideas that it's coming out in 2012? Why would they release screens of a game that would becoming out in 2 1/2 years? On some games, I saw Copyright Nintendo 2010. So I'm pretty sure it's coming out this year."

Too funny... if only we knew -_-

That's actually the reasoning behind a couple of the eggs. You have to dig through some AC and TBT history to find a couple of them which I think is pretty cool.

That original AC thread really is amazing though. Totally coming out in 2010! I was planning to bump it on June 9th but this egg hunt works too. :p

Back