• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AC Bells Conversion

JoeysShinyRattata

Bells
Orange (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
I do not really know where to put this, so you can move it if need.

My sister went into debt with me a few years back. I gave her six months to pay me back, and set up a crazy interest plan if she failed to pay ( in a contract ). Sadly, I lost the folder it was in, and now she still owes me 83,772 Bells. Anyways, I was wondering what y'all think I should charge her for the Bells in real life US Dollars.

My sister and I always said 1,000 bells was equal to 1 dollar, so that'd be $83.77, but if I were you, and I really want to get reall money for virtual money, I'd take just a single dollar lol.

I used to think that 1000 bells was a dollar, but there are certain things that should cost differently if that was the case. Bells are probably more similar to Yen than anything, but at the same time they are their own thing.

Well, if 1 Yen is 1 Bell, then the conversion rate of 83,772 Bells/Yen would be 887.04 US Dollars.

I'd just say if she owes you that amount of bells you shouldn't be asking for real money instead. Seems kind of silly to be transferring fake game money into something real.

I could make that much in Population Growing in about a day just fishing, probably.

That seems like a lot. :/

Judging by how difficult it is to get Bells, it seems to me like it'd be more along the lines of:
3,000 Bells = 1 US dollar

Or maybe 2,000? I dunno'.

---

If I make $9 an hour, and I can make ~20,000+ Bells per hour, that's like 2,222 Bells = $1 US dollar.

Then again, you can sometimes make more or less Bells...

Last edited:
In animal crossing city folk or wild world I can make 200k bells+ in two hours if you play the game at 5-7 am in July-August and you catch all the rare bugs on the cocount trees, catch rare fish, and catch rare bugs on normal trees like giant beetles, and rainbow stags. When your pockets get full just throw down all the bugs and fish in your house to store them for when nooks opens.

Oh wow, she would owe you a lot. But that would be wayyyy to much! bells are so easy to make. I'd say 10,000 bells = 1 dollar. just my opinion.

Oh wow, she would owe you a lot. But that would be wayyyy to much! bells are so easy to make. I'd say 10,000 bells = 1 dollar. just my opinion.

Agreed. I was going to say $10 at best. Bells are pretty easy to accumulate.

Back