• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Will YOU Reset For??

What Will YOU Reset For?

• Hairstyle

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Grass Shape

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Train Station Colour

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Fruit

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • Villagers

Votes: 28 29.2%
  • Other

Votes: 43 44.8%
  • Nothing

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
No result for town map? Anyways, I want something as close to this map as possible: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAEEc/oXj3DoDRFCA/s480/nice+acnl+town+6.jpg

The town tree is in the center with the town hall right next to it, the ocean is on the left, the river never goes north so there is never any illusion of water going uphill, there's a "private beach" (one that has no ramp leading down to it), Re-Tail is RIGHT near the docks for easy selling of island and beach goods, there's plenty of ponds, one of the ramps leading to the beach is fairly rare, there's a "peninsula" on the river which is where my cafe is going, and plenty of good places for houses.

I've never reset for my grass type before. I'm curious -- why do some of you reset for grass shape?

The only things (as far as I'm concerned) that I will reset for are having at least one or two likable villagers and my map layout. Maybe train station color...not sure.

Actually, if I get a lot of crappy villagers (read: too many elephants/hippos/rhinos/monkeys/TABBY) I might consider resetting. I actually did that before in Wild World.

Instant reset if I see Tabby. Only thing that will stop me is if I have really good villagers besides her or if I'm madly in love with my town map.

...I guess if I accidentally don't get the face I want, I'll reset.

Chances are, I won't be resettiing

I like people like this. I admire it to just not be picky and take it how it comes :p I especially admire when people play totally blind and don't even use face guides. I'll probably do that for my first go and who knows, maybe it will work out :D

I'll be resetting mainly for a good town map. I would also reset if oranges were my fruit as I love having an orange grove (and I don't want them to be my town fruit - I want more bells for them!). I didn't even know there were different colored town halls - now I have something else to obsess over...

I'll be resetting mainly for a good town map. I would also reset if oranges were my fruit as I love having an orange grove (and I don't want them to be my town fruit - I want more bells for them!). I didn't even know there were different colored town halls - now I have something else to obsess over...

I didn't realize there were different town halls either :p Or I would have put them in the options. Totally forgot you only get like 4 or something maps to choose from in the beginning.

I wouldn't reset for town hall/train station types, and not fruit either. You can always change your trees later. However, there's a slim chance I'd reset for the town layout.

Does anyone have any pictures of the grass types?

As long as I get the face I want (which I should if I use a guide) I really won't be resetting. I honestly want to treat this game like my very first town in Population Growing. I'm even using similar naming schemes! :3 Meaning that whatever towns/villagers/building looks I get, I'm going to stick with!

I've never cared about the grass pattern or the fruit, so I'd never reset for that. Though I still really hate pears. Why pears? That was my first town, Sunville's, native fruit. It took me AGES to get something different. I prefer Peaches and Cherries, though Apples and Oranges are also nice. I still can't look at a pear without hating it. Even real life pears. xD

I'll probably reset if I end up with pears/peaches.

I don't want the blue train station either, so...

I wouldn't reset for town hall/train station types, and not fruit either. You can always change your trees later. However, there's a slim chance I'd reset for the town layout.

Does anyone have any pictures of the grass types?

http://nookipedia.com/wiki/Grass

You can also google "animal crossing new leaf grass shapes" and look at the images. The grass looks much better in NL than in CF IMO but still the same basic concept with the shapes

I really won't be resetting for anything unless I get the yellow train station or town hall. :S I would reset for layout, but you can pick your map now. And fruit isn't that much of a big deal anymore, since I can get most/all of then from playing online or the island. ^.^

Weird I could have sworn there was another pattern of grass. Oh well Berri's crazy. :p

My first town had circles! Though I like triangles too. :3 I love how they turn into stars when there's snow out.

...You know. That strikes me as odd. Why do triangles turn to stars in the winter when the other grasses don't change that much?

Weird I could have sworn there was another pattern of grass. Oh well Berri's crazy. :p

My first town had circles! Though I like triangles too. :3 I love how they turn into stars when there's snow out.

...You know. That strikes me as odd. Why do triangles turn to stars in the winter when the other grasses don't change that much?

That's my favorite thing about triangle grass!! I love the star-snow :D I think in grass-from though I prefer the square for some reason :p Would be nice if the snow for square and circle could have been a bit more creative.

For the longest time I thought that when the snow melted my grass would change to a different pattern, for some reason. |: I have no idea why.

Square grass was always my least favorite. It looks so plain and bland. Then again I also prefer curvy designs to straight simple lines and right angles. At least triangles don't have right angles!

I always thought the circles were the most boring. Either Square or Triangle I will be happy with. I just need to debate whether the grass shape is worth resetting over. I prefer "curvy" designs as well so I'm not sure why I like the square grass over the circular. Could be because my CF town had circle and I'm sick of looking at it lol.

At least triangles don't have right angles!

Right_Triangle.png

Back