• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Did anyone notice something? (Regarding the new, "Special Feature" for NA)

Yea. I'm pretty confident that the special feature is with the HH. But now at I've said something, watch it be something to do with it at all.

Yea. I'm pretty confident that the special feature is with the HH. But now at I've said something, watch it be something to do with it at all.

Well tbh he did say it was used for the happy hope showcase...

It has to be random houses randomly appearing via Spotpass in the HH Showcase. I'll be SHOCKED if that's not it.

It has to be random houses randomly appearing via Spotpass in the HH Showcase. I'll be SHOCKED if that's not it.

I feel the same way but I don't think it will be random. I feel more like it will have to do with the people in your friends list which would be awesome, let me tell you. Even if it was random though I would still be happy!

Maybe it'll be Nintendo worker homes appearing in HH Showcase via Spotpass!
Hey, some of they might play the game. You never know!

I feel the same way but I don't think it will be random. I feel more like it will have to do with the people in your friends list which would be awesome, let me tell you. Even if it was random though I would still be happy!

I imagine that people on your friend's list, or a friends of friend's list, would be the only way to really work around the streetpass issue.

I imagine that people on your friend's list, or a friends of friend's list, would be the only way to really work around the streetpass issue.

It could be the Developers of AC:NL from NoA through spotpass though.
I think you might have a valid idea though Schim.

It could be the Developers of AC:NL from NoA through spotpass though.
I think you might have a valid idea though Schim.

I think a friends of people on your friends list would be really neat. It'd go beyond streetpass, and if it kept going (maybe a weekly or monthly limit of how many houses you could) where it was like friends of friends of friends, you could essentially have a HH full of people from all over NA (or EU).

If they did do it that way I imagine they would limit the players houses you get to the same region. And I am sure standard streetpassing will work the same.

It would have been really sad if they didn't do something with streetpasses for NA. Then a good portion of players would completely miss out on an entire game feature.

I think a friends of people on your friends list would be really neat. It'd go beyond streetpass, and if it kept going (maybe a weekly or monthly limit of how many houses you could) where it was like friends of friends of friends, you could essentially have a HH full of people from all over NA (or EU).

If they did do it that way I imagine they would limit the players houses you get to the same region. And I am sure standard streetpassing will work the same.

It would have been really sad if they didn't do something with streetpasses for NA. Then a good portion of players would completely miss out on an entire game feature.

Well, I definitely think that people on your friend's list is a huge possibility. Like, maybe when you lay down to set up your dream town it will set up your house for spotpass so when you friends spotpass a wifi hotspot they'll get your town. I don't think it will go as far as friends of friends.

Well, I definitely think that people on your friend's list is a huge possibility. Like, maybe when you lay down to set up your dream town it will set up your house for spotpass so when you friends spotpass a wifi hotspot they'll get your town. I don't think it will go as far as friends of friends.

The only reason I would think they would consider friends of friends is because you can only have what, 100 friends on the 3DS?

And I think the in game medal for street passing goes really high too. So just 100 people plus anyone you streetpass normally would still have people hurting for numbers.

A bit off topic but wow I am a little upset that the sisters are saying "oh that's kind of for a boy but I guess you can wear it". Not only that, but the comment about the Afro wig being for men is kind of upsetting too. Afros are not just a male thing. It may not be as popular now, but decades ago plenty of women wore their hair that way too.

It just seems incredibly unnecessary and a little gender stereotyping to mention if something is for a boy or girl.
I see where u r coming from but i really dont think it matters that much to be honest. not looking to upset anyone or be flamed at, but really, if u r going to make that argument you might as well say the old games were even more stereotipical because you HAD to wear shorts as a boy and HAD to wear a skirt as a girl. dont get me wrong, i dont like it either because as a guy, if theres a shirt or w/e that says its for a girl but i still like the look of it and it really didnt look that girly, i would feel weird wearing it on my character, even though it doesnt matter. but really, at least you can wear clothes that only the oposite gender could wear before.

-Typing this was brutal!! i was just seeing how bad the web browser was on the 3DS because i heard it was terrible, but i decided to see how it worked on the forums, and ended up typing this. but now i can definately conclude, the web browser sucks, but the camera is worse. :)

You might not care because you probably haven't been exposed to it much, but there are a lot of people out there (not just those who ARE involved with those certain groups of people) who are really trying to spread the message about equal gender rights, regardless of your gender or what you identify as. This probably feels like a step backwards for anyone that believes in in these rights strongly.

You might not care because you probably haven't been exposed to it much, but there are a lot of people out there (not just those who ARE involved with those certain groups of people) who are really trying to spread the message about equal gender rights, regardless of your gender or what you identify as. This probably feels like a step backwards for anyone that believes in in these rights strongly.

I'm in that community and honestly I think that it's just being oversensitive to be upset about this.

The reason I don't think it'll be this is because if someone is playing AC on your friend's list, you'll probably play AC with them, thus seeing their house on a regular basis. Random works better because you'll be exposed to way more homes (and remember, the homes in the showcase also provides dream codes so you can visit their town also).

I think I'd like the idea of random houses being placed in the plaza area. It'd give me the chance to see many different people's houses, since I won't have too many people in my friends list (I'm too shy to add just anyone). Plus if they're on my friends list it probably means that I'd see their houses every so often anyway. It wouldn't change too much and would be kinda boring.

I'm a pretty staunch feminist, and I don't view it as a big deal. Gendering has always been in these games to an extent. You know how when you pick your name you get to choose between "cute" or "cool"? Kappn/Rover automatically assumes your gender based off of your answer, but you have the right to correct him too. The feature doesn't hold anyone back, it just allows you to put a little more of your personality into the game.

The male/female dress thing is there to maybe be helpful (maybe someone new to the game sees a dress and mistakenly takes it for a shirt). Pointing out what gender clothing something is doesn't really hurt anyone, because as long as they let you buy it, who cares? If they didn't let the characters wear opposite gender clothing, then I'd be mad. But as it stands, we have no proof of that happening, as you can clearly see that the girl had the option of buying it.

I think the identification of male clothes vs female clothes can help with someone's personification of their character. Here's two situations:

-A male character who wears female clothing whether he identifies as female or if the character just prefers the female style would want to know what clothes are more feminine.
-A female character who's a tomboy/rebelling against what's 'normal' for girls to wear would likely want to know what clothes are more masculine and count as making them look boyish.

I think it's more the attitude Labelle has when she says "I guess you can wear this too". It is just a little on the condescending side.

Labelle always seemed a little more 'prim and proper' than her sisters, so I'd just chalk that one up to her personality. A bit of a fashion cop.

"*gaaaaasp* You can't possibly THINK of wearing those shoes with this hat! THEY CLASH."

Even more proof that they won't restrict the North American version is that, just as in previous game, you are able to get the opposite genders haircuts. Again, I'm sure it's just a direct translation of an informative statement. Nothing to get too excited about.. I think.

Back