• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Great Time-Passers Until New Leaf is Released?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity will be coming out in 12 days, and I assume it will take me a while to get burned out on it. Plus, I still am on the Spring season in Year 1 of HM:ANB. I guess I could play City Folk, but since I never really liked it in the first place, it won't last long. Of course, by the time I get tired of my other 3DS games, it will be exam time at school. Then just a couple weeks until NL is out! :D

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times on the DS is a GREAT one. Mysims on both the Wii and DS. Those should be enough to tide you over. I am using those (or going to in Luigi's Mansion's case) plus my job and outdoor track.

In short: Living.

If you guys look at life in such a perspective where you want time to pass by as fast as possible and look at these 3 or so months of waiting as agonizing, you're going to be miserable, and on top of that, you're going to waste 3 months of your life because you want it to pass by.

Just live and enjoy in the now because you're giving up 3 months of your life if you look at it in such a way

I still need to complete Mario Kart 7 and I have Virtual Console games I need to finish. Then there's Pokemon White that I'm about halfway. Basically, plenty of games to keep me occupied.

The first thing I'm doing when New Leaf is released is pinning a Turnip Prices thread. :D

nahh I'm gonna beat u 2 it then send u abusive PM's b/cos I am better then u

And no I don't think time has been going slowly, it's been going fast if anything

I still need to complete Mario Kart 7...

I have been working on Mario Kart 7 too, definitely harder than any of the previous Mario Kart titles I have played before, which would be all of them (Even though I still have trouble adjusting to d-pad controls in Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart: Super Circuit instead of the method in Mario Kart 64 and so on...) I have also been working on Population Growing and trying to complete Super Mario Sunshine, as I'm only 3/4 of the way done with it.

This wait can't be any longer and the countdown clock on my desktop isn't helping...

i think time has been going quickly too. like its nearly been a month since we got the release date. thats gone quickly for me.
but im working to complete MK7 and SM3DL

Well, I don't know about you guys but I'll be passing the time by crying into my pillow in the darkness, wondering why I couldn't have been born in Japan so I could be playing New Leaf right in that instant.

Fire Emblem: Awakening.
That game has been sucking out all of the life from me. I don't even glance at my desktop countdown anymore sometimes. I didn't even realize that we were down to 2 digits on the countdown until a few days ago.

If you're not into that kind of gameplay though, there's always Luigi's Mansion or Mystery Dungeon. You can also go back to playing WW or CF, or Harvest Moon.

I've already beaten MK7 with 3 stars withing weeks of having it because I play Mario Kart like an obsessive madwoman. Playing online still keeps me busy though and is a good time killer. You can work on 3 stars or getting all the kart parts. I'm currently working on getting 10000VR so I can get that Golden Kart...

Last edited:
I'm playing Rune Factory: Frontier and Kirby's Adventure on Wii now :D Also, luigi's mansion coming soon, fire emblem coming soon, and i believe castlevania coming soon, so theres enough to do.

Well, I don't know about you guys but I'll be passing the time by crying into my pillow in the darkness, wondering why I couldn't have been born in Japan so I could be playing New Leaf right in that instant.

THIS

and I've just ordered this giant 640 pages japanese game guide which I will check out (read, try to translate etc).
Some more pre-gaming preperations.

Last edited:
THIS

and I've just ordered this giant 640 pages japanese game guide which I will check out (read, try to translate etc).
Some more pre-gaming preperations.

Nice. Which one did you grab? I'm guessing the catalog. (White book)

It's a great read.

I've been working which takes my mind off of it, but believe it or not, work actually makes me feel like time goes by even slower!

I think I'll by myself a new video game or something to keep me busy and keep my mind off NL.

Yeah, I think I may buy a guide and spend my time translating it into English.
I've been playing World of Warcraft to keep busy though. Patch 5.2 just dropped last week :3

I have been playing pc games(plus streaming) and a few 3ds games to pass the time, still seems slow to me but I guess once we hit late apr and may it feel faster for me.

Back