• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

*leaves rustle*

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'm looking for local gamers in my area... I know Mino's nearby, but he's almost an hour away. I'm having intense trouble finding someone who enjoys games as much as I do... And none in my neighborhood do. If they're gamers, then they're EXTREME casuals... They don't even know what a DS or PSP is. :\

'Tis sad, really, since they only have a PS2 and such... I know knew of one guy who was a hardcore gamer, with an NES, SNES, N64, GCN, and a DS, but he moved. ;_;

And suggestions for where I can find gamers in my area? :\

Bulerias said:
I'm looking for local gamers in my area... I know Mino's nearby, but he's almost an hour away. I'm having intense trouble finding someone who enjoys games as much as I do... And none in my neighborhood do. If they're gamers, then they're EXTREME casuals... They don't even know what a DS or PSP is. :\

'Tis sad, really, since they only have a PS2 and such... I know knew of one guy who was a hardcore gamer, with an NES, SNES, N64, GCN, and a DS, but he moved. ;_;

go to EBGames on any local games store you have.

JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:

go to EBGames on any local games store you have.
Been there while reserving MPH, there was an 8 year old and... another 8 year old. Both decided to get Spongebob for PS2. :\

I DID have a nice talk with the two clerks about the Rev; they thought I didn't know anything about it, though, but when I gave them a nice chunk of info they didn't know, pwned.

:p

But still, I don't fancy gaming with 40-year-old clerks.

^_^

Well, I think I'm the only Nintendo fan in my village too

:'(

:'( (besides my brother :p) everyone is like Sony and Microsoft gamers (no fanboys) and there are some people I hang out with, who kinda like video games.....but I'm the only nintendo gamer/fanboy

:'( Oh, a couple of days ago I found someone who has a DS in my grade with wifi!

:D

:D :lol:

PKMNMasterSamus said:

:'( (besides my brother :p) everyone is like Sony and Microsoft gamers (no fanboys) and there are some people I hang out with, who kinda like video games.....but I'm the only nintendo gamer/fanboy

:'( Oh, a couple of days ago I found someone who has a DS in my grade with wifi!

Fact is, I'm not a fanboy, and I'll play and, most important, enjoy games for other systems, but I barely know anything from the PS2 or Xbox, except for the sports games my uncle likes... I'm not a fanboy at all, I'm just closer to Nintendo, and I'd like some Nintendo gamers to game with, not Sony guys.

Edit - I know a lot about games for other systems, I meant I can barely play them, since I'm not used to the controller.

Well...I do play...a little XBox with my friend, well, because it's star wars battlefront 2 :p...Nintendo...well, I hate to say it but... I think Nintendo has kinda become like a more "kiddie" company in people's opinions......more people of mature ages are towards Sony and Microsoft now...

PKMNMasterSamus said:
Well...I do play...a little XBox with my friend, well, because it's star wars battlefront 2 :p...Nintendo...well, I hate to say it but... I think Nintendo has kinda become like a more "kiddie" company in people's opinions......more people of mature ages are towards Sony and Microsoft now...
Only peer pressure influenced teenagers say that Nintendo is kiddy, or people that don't know what they're talking about. I've heard stories of a kid who said he loved the 360 in public, but wanted a Revolution when he talked to another Nintendo lover. He even went as far as bashing the Rev in public. :|

i think you'll have better luck finding normal gamers once you go to public school... pretty much everyone at my school plays games, most are XBox gamers, and i have no problem with that, but there are always a few who like nintendo, and they're not all nerdy either, which is nice, because the average PS2 fan i've seen does nothing but talk about games... as great as they are, they're not THAT awsome... >_>

Bulerias said:
PKMNMasterSamus said:

Fact is, I'm not a fanboy, and I'll play and, most important, enjoy games for other systems, but I barely know anything from the PS2 or Xbox, except for the sports games my uncle likes... I'm not a fanboy at all, I'm just closer to Nintendo, and I'd like some Nintendo gamers to game with, not Sony guys.

Edit - I know a lot about games for other systems, I meant I can barely play them, since I'm not used to the controller.
Yeah, I'll have to show you the wonder of Halo... the only problem is that you have to play it on Live to get the best experience.

FreddieMercury91 said:
Bulerias said:
PKMNMasterSamus said:

Yeah, I'll have to show you the wonder of Halo... the only problem is that you have to play it on Live to get the best experience.
I'd love to try out Halo, I've been itching to try it out for a while now, especially since many (most. :p) say it's better than the GCN's FPSs and MPH... I can't wait to try it out. All we need to do now is to arrange a meeting date.

PKMNMasterSamus said:
Bul :| it's not peer pressure it's the fact :|
PKMN, think a minute before posting. Especially since you know you're wrong.

FreddieMercury91 said:
Yeah, but right now, H2 is only on the Xbox.

And honestly my Xbox is more powerful than my computer.

:blink: Erm... that can't be good for your computer...

The only reason I bought a Xbox was for Halo 2, proboly.

And its not even online - or I don't know how to.

But I'd get owned.

I just think I would.

:mez:

I have some gamers that live near me... Shadow_link_92

:D about a 7 minute drive to his house

:) we both like the same games and stuff, well, we pretty much have everything in common

:p well, that could have something to do with being neighbors for 10 years and being cousins...

Kolvo said:
The only reason I bought a Xbox was for Halo 2, proboly.

And its not even online - or I don't know how to.

But I'd get owned.

I just think I would.

:mez:
You don't know how. >_>;

You need an ethernet connection to a Cable/DSL Modem or router as well as an activation code.

And MPH is the only kind of FPS of its type, it's true that FPS's are easier on the PC, but I can move as well in Halo 2 as in real life, maybe even better, because I can't jump 5 feet in to the air.

Back