• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

(Original Game) Hidden Land: The Lost Village

Kip

Game Dev
Bells
Spring Sakura
Lobo
Red Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Mint
Famous Mushroom
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Tasty Cake
White Pansy
13702_2.jpg
Version 2.0 is finally here! There are many noticeable changes. There may not seem like there is a lot to do, but as you search and explore you will discover many things to do.

Hidden Land: The Lost Village is a Real Time, RPG, Life Simulator, Adventure game. It will eventually take up the action genre as well.

Download v2.0

99% Safe
100% Recommended
Game +Soundtrack Download

87% Safe
75% Recommended

100% Safe
90% Recommended

The game may have many bugs cause I'm the only dev working on it so please bear with me.

~~Gameplay~~

-Walking: The gameplay has changed from the previous version due to engine change. It's quite smooth, and allows for certain characters to follow behind you.

-Fishing: I've changed fishing around. It's much more fun now. You press X to cast and tap Z to reel in
(Only if the bobber is over the fish)

-Project Placing: Placing certain things such as fences can feel tedious but its still fun.

~~Plot~~
The plot starts off with a young boy/girl named Sam/Samantha who is on vacation with their parents. They were traveling by boat/ship. The weather got really bad and wrecked the life out of the ship. The waves were so strong it ripped the ship into pieces with all the families and friends separated. Sam/Samantha struggling to keep afloat in the water, they finally grabbed onto a piece of lumber and passed out. Sam/Samantha woke up on a deserted island alone. After struggling for many months trying to survive they finally built a little boat. He/She packed it up and set out to try and find civilization only to be pulled right into another storm. You can guess what happens next, He/She dies... I'm kidding. After the storm Sam/Samantha find them selves waking up in a house. He/She found people and a different land, but they were all victims of the storm 2 years before Sam/Samantha. They built up a nice village after spending much time on the land. You (Sam/Samantha) get to play in this town discovering many uncharted areas, building your house, cooking, fishing, farming, and many many other things.

I may change some of the story around in the future but this is what i have so far.

~~Preview~~

screenshot106_zps603577ac.png

screenshot108_zpsd90fc442.png

screenshot109_zps1c4d2de7.png

screenshot103_zps8ff7c002.png

screenshot104_zpsabbafe49.png

screenshot107_zpsbb5101e7.png

screenshot105_zpsd02477c8.png

screenshot170_zps2070c4a3.png

~~Music~~
Everyone tells me they like my music that I've composed for this game, I'm not sure how it is so I'd love your opinion.

Very Early Morning Music 12AM - 4AM (Sleeping Sound)
https://soundcloud.com/kip-riusaki/hidden-land-the-lost-village-5

Early Morning Music 5AM - 7AM (Dawn of a New Day)
https://soundcloud.com/kip-riusaki/hidden-land-the-lost-village-4

Mid Morning Music 8AM - 11PM (Average Day)
https://soundcloud.com/kip-riusaki/hidden-land-the-lost-village

Afternoon Music 12PM - 3PM (BeforeMoon)
https://soundcloud.com/kip-riusaki/hidden-land-the-lost-village-1

Late Afternoon Music 4PM - 6 PM (Radiant Sun Sunset)
https://soundcloud.com/kip-riusaki/hidden-land-the-lost-village-6

Early Night Music 7PM - 11PM (Awakened Moon)
https://soundcloud.com/kip-riusaki/hidden-land-the-lost-village-2

One of the club songs
https://soundcloud.com/kip-riusaki/hidden-land-the-lost-village-7

Another song from somewhere in the game (Sorrow of The Island)
https://soundcloud.com/kip-riusaki/hidden-land-the-lost-village-3

~~Features & To-Do~~
Cooking
Fishing
Farming (a lot different from Harvest Moon)
Designing
Decorating/Furnishing your Home
There will be home expansions
Possibly Wi-Fi/Online Up to 6 Players. (I don't think its possible anymore.)
Hunting
Swimming
Quests/Jobs
Exploration
Instrument Playing
Shopping
Community Projects or sumthin'

And a bundle of other stuff i can't think of at the moment.

UPDATED: November 26th

Last edited:
Wow! This would be a fantastic game for me to play!

Edit: Can I buy your soundtrack? :)

Last edited:
Looking good! Can't wait to play an early version of it.

Wow, your making a game Kip!? XD that's so cool. I hope you give us Bell Tree Buddies free copies :) JK I would gladly pay for this.

I really love the characters (Micki Namage XD)

I don't know how to say this in a way that makes sense but the soundtrack, in my opinion, is kinda dramatic for a game that's suppose to be like AC. I do like the Awakened Moon one though. That fit perfectly. But idk. It's just my opinion don't take it seriously.

Other then that, lookin good! :D

Oh and yah, the dialogue is funny XD

One thing to be sure of is grammar. I get that some characters will talk in a particular way, but still it can be done in a way that doesn't alienate people to that character.

This game will be absolutely free! so no worries. Thanks for your opinions, they really help. @Lovemcqueen I was aiming to make the Soundtrack sorta uupbeat, strange and relaxing but maybe i should tone down the dramatics (specially Dawn of a New Day). @AndyB KaKe, i just rushed through some of the dialog to since there are so many conversations. I do plan on fixing all of it up when I'm bug fixing. OH BTW randie is supposed to have bad grammar. Have yo ever heard of MirandaSings on youtube? thats where i got her from ahaha.

Everything is pretty much complete i just have a boat lode of bugs to fix.

It should have it done by April.

Also the soundtrack will be free for download! I just have a few more songs to finish before releasing it.

Wow, that looks really amazing! The characters look great too, I especially like Mickie Nimage :-D Can't wait to play it~

THERE IS A CHARACTER NAMED OATH. I can't tell if it's a boy or a girl.

I am amused. "Sum Yung Ho" is hysterical, and Micki Namage I can't even.

There are a lot of ellipses in place that I'm not too sure they belong.

"Dear... Are you telling lies again?" I'm not positive they belong there.

So, what features are currently in the game? The music doesn't sound too bad. It's good. The one specifically mentioned, Dawn of a New Day, well, it could be quieter, but other than that, it's a good track.

Oh, and what language are you coding in?

Last edited:
This looks so cool! It looks more like HM since HM games can have a plot.

@above
Dawn of a New Day... I wonder where that came from

COUGHMAJORACOUGHMASK

Last edited:
THERE IS A CHARACTER NAMED OATH. I can't tell if it's a boy or a girl.

I am amused. "Sum Yung Ho" is hysterical, and Micki Namage I can't even.

There are a lot of ellipses in place that I'm not too sure they belong.

"Dear... Are you telling lies again?" I'm not positive they belong there.

So, what features are currently in the game? The music doesn't sound too bad. It's good. The one specifically mentioned, Dawn of a New Day, well, it could be quieter, but other than that, it's a good track.

Oh, and what language are you coding in?

I use C mixed with mixed with game maker :> and i know what ya mean bout Dawn of a New Day. Its even louder in game XD

Also, the "Dear are you telling lies again?" is just part of the conversation ;D Mei tells her mother to shut up (showing that the family does not get along.)

BTW I totally forgot about Oath! your names match XD and he's male.

So far the features in the game are Fishing, Bug Hunting, shopping & decorating. Oh and a little gardening (only flowers at the moment)

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'll be sure to keep working on it!

Most of the characters personalities will be seen/explained/viewed in the game. May & Jeffry are probably the most normal added in the game at the moment oh and sakudo too.

Last edited:
What I meant was that instead of ellipses after "dear", a comma would make more sense. I dunno, it just seems...like a lot of...the three periods...

What I meant was that instead of ellipses after "dear", a comma would make more sense. I dunno, it just seems...like a lot of...the three periods...

Well...it isn't too much... right...?
Maybe it was because of old age.

You composed all the games scores?

Yup! :>

Sorry i totally misunderstood whatcha said XD i think I'm just overtired. It was originally "Dear, are you telling lies again?" but i wanted to make it seem like a longer pause or sumfin. I like using ellipses, its used for some of the characters when they talk slower than an average person. I do have pretty bad grammar though. I should have it perfected by the time I'm 18 :X

Back