• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Able Sisters Discussion

Oh yeah, you can TBT upload as well. We've had a few issues with it though so that's why I didn't mention it.
It might actually be better to upload to TBT so we don't have to worry about broken images.

When the game comes out in America. I'm so doing to make patterns for all kinds of stuff!

Last edited:
Me too! I actually have around 10 or more patterns I've made in MS Paint already. I just need the game to see what they look like in-game!

Me too! I actually have around 10 or more patterns I've made in MS Paint already. I just need the game to see what they look like in-game!

You made patterns in paint? I didn't know it could do that.

Can something make a dress pattern with this pokemon on it?
sylveon.png

Or atleast using the pokemon's coloring at a theme?

Edit: I have now saved all the QR codes that I loved to my computer for use later!
I had them in a folder on the site as subscriptions until I got home.

Last edited:
I know right? It is so awesome that we have a place like this on a site.

Edit: Seriously no one has posted here since 2/26/13? It's march now!

Last edited:
[If this was addressed somewhere else, please point me in the correct direction! I tried to search and find it but came up short.]

I have a question about how patterns are stored in NL, and if it's the similar to how the patterns worked in CF and WW.

If you have every available space in your patterns storage filled, and you upload a QR code pattern, you would have to erase an old pattern and replace it with the QR code pattern, right? When you do that, will it then replace that pattern throughout your town, e.g. if it was part of a path pattern, would the old pattern disappear and be replaced with the new pattern on your path?

This is how WW and CF worked, and I'm sure that NL will be similar, but I would appreciate confirmation. I found a path I really like, so within my first few days I want to lay down paths throughout my town in a way that I can upload these QR codes eventually and have them seamlessly replace the "placeholder" paths.

tl;dr: will new patterns overwrite existing patterns everywhere in your town?

New Leaf saves patterns in pockets, I believe.
I think Mabel still offers the storage for designs too.
I believe there are more save places in Design storage than in the past games.
Also, you have the option of making them into QR codes to share online.

I'm going to be making a Photobucket list for my QR codes that I will open to the public later.

Right now my QR code list in Photobucket is just ones that I have save from other sites and uploaded to there.

If anyone is looking for QR codes from their favourite anime, game, etc., this site has a lot of QR codes from many different animes, video games and manga: http://en.doubutsu.qr-matome.info/
I got a ton of Ace Attorney QR codes from here, including some of the 'villain' characters' clothing.

Just curious, does anyone have any male Layton-related clothing designs they've created?

You know, I'd love to find a pattern based off either Adam Jensens outfit from Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or JC Dentons outfit from the original Deus Ex. And a design of the Alliance crest from WoW to use for my town flag; anyone know where I could find those if they are out there?

Queeeestion. And possible suggestion.

Can you make a thread for something, and anything related to the thing, if it also a [whateverhere] and in the same theme, can other people ALSO post stuff to it if they've got one?

Since that doesn't make sense, could there be added another [thing] called themed? Where... anything themed a certain way, no matter if it is clothing or an artwork pattern, be added to it? I think that makes sense.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to suggest this.

Queeeestion. And possible suggestion.

Can you make a thread for something, and anything related to the thing, if it also a [whateverhere] and in the same theme, can other people ALSO post stuff to it if they've got one?

Since that doesn't make sense, could there be added another [thing] called themed? Where... anything themed a certain way, no matter if it is clothing or an artwork pattern, be added to it? I think that makes sense.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to suggest this.

I think I get what you're saying. You mean like themed threads for posting any patterns under a certain theme? So like a thread for all Mario related patterns. Am I right?

I think I get what you're saying. You mean like themed threads for posting any patterns under a certain theme? So like a thread for all Mario related patterns. Am I right?

Mhmmm. Themes section in general. I think I saw somewhere this would've been useful. Somebody posted an Alice in wonderland path and clothing bit, which could've just been paired together.

@inSein: Themed threads would be cool.
I'd suggest and you basically suggested a [Coordinating Ideas] tag or something along those lines.
Than people could put whatever matches a theme in there.

Yes.
Coordinating ideas into a single thread would help there to not be tons of threads to sift through, but I don't know if that's a good thing.

It would all simplify things... I think.

Like if the clothing, art, pathway, face-board, etc were of Animal Crossing characters than you'd put [Coordinating Ideas] Animal Crossing and so on.

Back