• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Able Sisters Discussion

This is driving me crazy! Are the colors in our version different than the ones originally released in Japan? There's a shade of pink I can get by scanning QR codes, but I can't get that shade when I'm designing.

It's like a specific pink tone and I've tried *every single* even remotely pink shade, but it just doesn't match. You can clearly see in the thumbnails even that they are not the same. What's up with this, anyone know?

Try loading the QR file onto here and it will show you what colours are used in the pattern! :)
http://www.thulinma.com/acnl/

Last edited:
I used a online tool to make a pro shirt. The problem is, I can't use it on custom signs because of the QR code.
What is the best way to replicate a pro design in-game?

I used a online tool to make a pro shirt. The problem is, I can't use it on custom signs because of the QR code.
What is the best way to replicate a pro design in-game?

I think you can just make a copy of the shirt design and then edit the second one (through your pattern storage not at the Able Sister's store) will remove the pro design status. This will only work if the design you want to post on the sign is the front of the shirt pattern though.

I think you can just make a copy of the shirt design and then edit the second one (through your pattern storage not at the Able Sister's store) will remove the pro design status. This will only work if the design you want to post on the sign is the front of the shirt pattern though.

There doesn't seem to be a copy option.

You have to drag the pattern you want copied onto another pattern space, then the option will come up. Sorry for not being clearer in my original reply! :)

I tried copying the pro design, but when I want to put it on a custom sign or show my pro in the Able Sisters shop, the pro design is still greyed out. I really hate to redesign it pixel by pixel.

Hey, so how big are the patterns, pixel-wise? Does anyone have an exact number? I'd like to do some preliminary flag designs in photoshop, but I'm not really sure what size to start with, and, uh... Well, to be honest, I have some troubles counting the grid.

Hey, so how big are the patterns, pixel-wise? Does anyone have an exact number? I'd like to do some preliminary flag designs in photoshop, but I'm not really sure what size to start with, and, uh... Well, to be honest, I have some troubles counting the grid.

It's 32 x 32 pixels. :)

I tried copying the pro design, but when I want to put it on a custom sign or show my pro in the Able Sisters shop, the pro design is still greyed out. I really hate to redesign it pixel by pixel.

If you just want a copy of the same design, I'm fairly certain that you can scan the QR code again. When Sable tells you to choose a pattern to be replaced, you can just choose a different slot from the pro design and edit that one.

Anybody have a tutorial on making cutout shoulder dresses? Trying to make a nice strapless Lolita dress c:

Last edited:
I have a question.
I made a few awesome patterns
In my old town and made a new one.
I still have the QR code for the design i made but I'm wondering
If it will even work with others anymore. I would go ahead and test it
But I cant because i dont have design space for it and i just wanted to
know for the purpose of sharing it with others.

Last edited:
Where do people get their inspiration for designs? I'm doing more of them, but sometimes I just can't think of anything to make. Any suggestions on where to go for inspiration?

Back