• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Do You Look Like?

Plastic surgery is always an option.
yeah but I don't have the money to do that, but hey thanks for the suggestion I really appreciate it you know I actually like that you are honest like I'm serious I barely meet people who are honest with me, they all only tell me things I want to hear so I'll feel better about myself

Don't say that! Granted I don't creep on this thread too often, but I did see your pic and you definitely aren't ugly. The things you perceive to be flaws might actually be very appealing to someone else, and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would trade some of their textbook "attractiveness" for even a shred of your artistic talent. :)
I'd be glad to trade in my artistic Talent to look more beautiful, I mean barely even draw now and I'm not going anywhere with so why bother keeping it?

Last edited:
yeah but I don't have the money to do that, but hey thanks for the suggestion I really appreciate it you know I actually like that you are honest like I'm serious I barely meet people who are honest with me, they all only tell me things I want to hear so I'll feel better about myself
I didn't see your photo, though I honestly think you have the wrong attitude here. Not everyone saying you aren't ugly is saying that just to make you feel better. Have you considered they may actually mean that? Surely not everyone will share your opinion on how your face looks. Actually, I wish I had seen your pic so I could say something more meaningful.

Forgive me if I came across as rude.

I didn't see your photo, though I honestly think you have the wrong attitude here. Not everyone saying you aren't ugly is saying that just to make you feel better. Have you considered they may actually mean that? Surely not everyone will share your opinion on how your face looks. Actually, I wish I had seen your pic so I could say something more meaningful.

Forgive me if I came across as rude.
no you didn't

I just been told so many times by people that I was ugly that it just stuck to my mind all these years and no matter how many times now that Ive been called cute those memories of being called ugly for almost my whole life still sticks to me, I mean even my own dad doesn't think I'm that pretty same goes for my birth-mom so yeah my attitude towards myself is based off how others told me how I look, I know I shouldn't let it bother me I know I should let it go but I can't I have a never ending hate for how I look and deep down it still hurts because I can never believe it when people say I'm not ugly I want to believe it but I'm drowning in my own self loathing.

I know right now it might feel like I'm fishing for compliments, but I'm not this is honestly how I feel about myself while I do admit I do appreciate kind words I just don't think I will ever feel good about myself ever, no matter what I'm told​

Last edited:
no you didn't

I just been told so many times by people that I was ugly that it just stuck to my mind all these years and no matter how many times now that Ive been called cute those memories of being called ugly for almost my whole life still sticks to me, I mean even my own dad doesn't think I'm that pretty same goes for my birth-mom so yeah my attitude towards myself is based off how others told me how I look, I know I shouldn't let it bother me I know I should let it go but I can't I have a never ending hate for how I look and deep down it still hurts because I can never believe it when people say I'm not ugly I want to believe it but I'm drowning in my own self loathing.

I know right now it might feel like I'm fishing for compliments, but I'm not this is honestly how I feel about myself while I do admit I do appreciate kind words I don't think I will ever feel good about myself ever.​

can i ask why did you post a picture of yourself in the first place if that's how you feel?

can i ask why did you post a picture of yourself in the first place if that's how you feel?

like I said I didn't know why I thought it was a good idea and I really regret it, maybe at that moment I thought I looked decent but now looking back at it I was wrong, it was nothing but a trick of the eyes, so yeah like I said I regret it, I removed the pic from my post now I just need evvi to remove the pic from her post since she quoted the image which I hope does since I politely asked her if she could

god I really hope she does remove it I want it gone I really wish I didn't post it like I'm being honest here I just want it gone​

Last edited:
no you didn't

I know right now it might feel like I'm fishing for compliments, but I'm not this is honestly how I feel about myself while I do admit I do appreciate kind words I don't think I will ever feel good about myself ever.​
Even though this may seem like an extreme cliche, I do know how it is with low self-esteem. Of course you should try to ignore negative comments, but really, basically everyone's confidence is based on feedback they get from others. I completely understand how traumatizing it can be to hear extremely negative comments of your looks, and because of that trauma, it can and probably will be hard to believe in any and all nice comments. Also if the negative feedback comes from someone close to you, it makes it even worse.

There's not much you can do to bullies. Though, there are two things you can leave undone. You shouldn't ever try to compare yourself to others, specifically to people you think are better than you in some regard. Even though many (if not most) people do this unconsciously, you can learn to notice it and stop doing it. Additionally, you shouldn't spend too much time worrying what others think of you. People you don't know and will never have any contact with won't ever have any impact on your life, unless you concern yourself with their opinions - opinions you will probably never get to hear.

You could try asking yourself the question: Could you accept someone as they are, if they looked like you?

Last edited:
I'm glad you posted your picture though, even if you did change your mind and remove it. the fact that you felt good enough to post it initially is great and definitely a start towards body positivity and accepting and loving yourself!

that's why this thread is cool. love y'alls selves and post yer selfies! It's completely alright to not quite be comfortable with your image as long as you make genuine progress towards that over time. We're definitely all here to bring each other up imo bless yall

image.jpg
Had to cut the sleeves off because they came down past my elbows lol
h8 degeneration x but it was a gift from a friend

Last edited:
hey I'm ugly and I posted my picture.

I don't get it, why do you post stuff like this? Is it for attention, because it's not funny or cool or whatever you're trying to do...

I really feel as though this is like one of those times when your friend says stuff like "ugh my hair looks so bad today" and keeps going on about it because they're just waiting for you to say "your hair looks amazing it's not bad" or something equally as stupid

like fair enough if you don't have the confidence in yourself to post pictures of your face, but you don't need to keep making these "I'm ugly, but I'd censored my face so that none of you can see it. I'm ugly so I decided to remove all of my pictures. I'm ugly, and it just so happens that I've posted a picture of myself." posts all the time.

If you don't feel comfortable posting a picture then don't post one. It's really not a difficult principle to follow.

I don't get it, why do you post stuff like this? Is it for attention, because it's not funny or cool or whatever you're trying to do...

I really feel as though this is like one of those times when your friend says stuff like "ugh my hair looks so bad today" and keeps going on about it because they're just waiting for you to say "your hair looks amazing it's not bad" or something equally as stupid

like fair enough if you don't have the confidence in yourself to post pictures of your face, but you don't need to keep making these "I'm ugly, but I'd censored my face so that none of you can see it. I'm ugly so I decided to remove all of my pictures. I'm ugly, and it just so happens that I've posted a picture of myself." posts all the time.

If you don't feel comfortable posting a picture then don't post one. It's really not a difficult principle to follow.

did you not see me saying I regret it? Because at the time I posted it I thought it I thought I looked decent, but then I saw it again I hated it.

Also I know it seems like I'm seeking attention but honestly people could have ignored that post and I wouldn't give a **** I mean most people already ignore me when I want an opinion on something they ignore me when I have a serious question to ask people ignore me when I just need someone to talk to ect. So yeah I'm used to it now and I can care less anyhow let's just drop this okay I'd rather not talk about it anymore okay

Last edited:
did you not see me saying I regret it? Because at the time I posted it I thought it I thought I looked decent, but then I saw it again I hated it.

Also I know it seems like I'm seeking attention but honestly people could have ignored that post and I wouldn't give a **** I mean most people already ignore me when I want an opinion on something they ignore me when I have a serious question to ask people ignore me when I just need someone to talk to ect. So yeah I'm used to it now and I can care less anyhow let's just drop this okay I'd rather not talk about it anymore okay

It's not just that one though, you've posted multiple ones over a period of time with the exact same context... If the people you're speaking to are constantly ignoring you then that's an indicator that you shouldn't waste any more time with them dude!!!

It's not just that one though, you've posted multiple ones over a period of time with the exact same context... If the people you're speaking to are constantly ignoring you then that's an indicator that you shouldn't waste any more time with them dude!!!

quit being a **** about a sensitive issue
but also yeah if your friends and people ignore you f them and make new friends/meet new people

Last edited:
quit being a **** about a sensitive issue
but also yeah if your friends and people ignore you f them and make new friends/meet new people

I just can't stand it when people victimise themselves and then expect to reap masses of pity from other people.

Okay let's do this

IMG-20150521-WA0000.jpg
This is pretty much how I look like currently
IMG-20150212-WA0000.jpg
oh i'm so brave
Sadly my hair ain't flashy magenta anymore but that's besides the point
STILL THINK I'M PRETTY HMM?

Last edited:
Back