LGBTQA - Discussion and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly hope the thread is locked or the hateful comments are cleared. It's bad when you start becoming exactly what you're fighting against. There's a big difference between venting about your issues and generalizing an entire group as something. Hopefully a new thread can be created where no group, a minority or not, will receive hate and we can all support each other.

Certain people just need to be banned outright from posting in this thread and this thread can go back to the way it once was.

@visibleghost, I am sorry But it almost sounds like you want every ally/non discriminating straight person to be perfect. And before you say we don't do anything, just like how I stood up for everyone bashing the straights I will stand up for anyone bashing lgbtqa people, because it is a disgusting way to act. Bigotry is disgusting and people should be ashamed of themselves.
if perfect means not a homophobe and transphobe then yeah i guess.

- - - Post Merge - - -

my examples were only one of many experiences like it. i understand that people can feel too scared to confront someone whos attacking an lgbtq person but what i mean is how some (/a lot of) people actively avoid confrontation, helping and supporting lgbtq people, they avoid anything thats not fun or happy or nice. then they pat themselves on the back and think theyre great people for not being a huge homophobe lol

The atmosphere in this thread is so tense and unwelcoming. A support thread where even LGBT+ users are afraid to post for fear of being attacked by people who are meant to be on 'the same side' is just sad.

Closing this here. But don't worry - it's not the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back