• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

LGBTQA - Discussion and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, that's exactly what he is. I think I'll just cut ties with him. There are many other things he's said that grates me.

but cutting ties w some1 just bc theyre white cis straight and/or a man is DISCRIMINATION ?!!??!??!!!!!!??

just kidding but Yea Sounds Like A Good Idea

but cutting ties w some1 just bc theyre white cis straight and/or a man is DISCRIMINATION ?!!??!??!!!!!!??

just kidding but Yea Sounds Like A Good Idea

I meant because he is annoying and the way he says things bothers me XD Thanks for the help :D

Last edited:
So please, tell me - is it wrong of me to not really see him the same anymore? or like him in that way anymore? he's always given me that umm "annoying hetero boy" vibe, but I don't really know If I am overreacting. i've certainly never heard ANY of my other friends saying that - even if they were close-minded and religious. I don't think he had any place saying that, tbh.

No it's not wrong at all I was actually really glad to read this part. That dude is ignorant.

If he wants to bring dieties into it, how does he know god didn't make them trans? Did he speak to him himself?

No it's not wrong at all I was actually really glad to read this part. That dude is ignorant.

If he wants to bring dieties into it, how does he know god didn't make them trans? Did he speak to him himself?

That's exactly what I'm thinking! God could've made people who were assigned girls, in all reality be BOYS, and do that as one of the tests to see how accepting each and every one of us are. If this is true, then he certainly really failed- and so have millions of other ignorant (not normal) religious people.

That's also the ONLY time he's said anything about God. He's so out there with his sexuality it's crazy. The way he acts, no person would even guess he is "religious" in fact If i'm correct, i could've sworn he told me he was agnostic or atheist!

I texted him today, and said: Well, in my eyes: god made everyone equal and have free will and LOVES everyone. people who spew hate and condescendance (made up word) on others have NO right to do so.

UPDATE:
I told my mom, and she said I was overreacting, and people have the right to her opinions (mind you: she's also 52 years old and would freak if she knew I "did anything" before marriage, so that goes to show how "religious" she is [srry if that's tmi XD] )

I then told my sisters who are like my half-second moms/guardians (they are 10 & 8 years older than me). They said: "if i ever heard you saying that, I'd be extremely disappointed in you. if i wasn't your sister and heard u saying that - i wouldn't be your friend"

Last edited:
I'm Nate, I'm a not cis guy, gay, and I love my husband

tenor.gif

Same!! I'm Eli and I love my husband a whole lot

llama_emoji_02__blush___v1__by_jerikuto-d6tbb7d.gif

That's exactly what I'm thinking! God could've made people who were assigned girls, in all reality be BOYS, and do that as one of the tests to see how accepting each and every one of us are. If this is true, then he certainly really failed- and so have millions of other ignorant (not normal) religious people.

That's also the ONLY time he's said anything about God. He's so out there with his sexuality it's crazy. The way he acts, no person would even guess he is "religious" in fact If i'm correct, i could've sworn he told me he was agnostic or atheist!

I texted him today, and said: Well, in my eyes: god made everyone equal and have free will and LOVES everyone. people who spew hate and condescendance (made up word) on others have NO right to do so.

UPDATE:
I told my mom, and she said I was overreacting, and people have the right to her opinions (mind you: she's also 52 years old and would freak if she knew I "did anything" before marriage, so that goes to show how "religious" she is [srry if that's tmi XD] )

I then told my sisters who are like my half-second moms/guardians (they are 10 & 8 years older than me). They said: "if i ever heard you saying that, I'd be extremely disappointed in you. if i wasn't your sister and heard u saying that - i wouldn't be your friend"

I find that older folks have outdated opinions and are usually ignorant. Not always, but usually. That's why I never bring up anything about trans/gay subjects because it's pointless.

Has anybody else seen that thing going around about the couple who has been married for years getting a divorce so they can both be with their girlfriend? I don't know why but it makes me really happy? (probably cause I want a girlfriend, but I would want my bf to have his own partner, not sharing) I wish poly relationships weren't so look down upon, idk. But anyways I thought it was really cute.

out of curiosity, what is everyone's opinions on cishet aces/aro/aroaces being in LGBT spaces? i dont mean this thread, but i mean places like gay bars, pride, joining lgbt support groups, etc?

out of curiosity, what is everyone's opinions on cishet aces/aro/aroaces being in LGBT spaces? i dont mean this thread, but i mean places like gay bars, pride, joining lgbt support groups, etc?

I personally view them in the same area as cishets. They both are typically straight.

I personally don't have an issue with them going to gay bars, pride or anything like that, but I'd have to question why they might feel the need to join lgbt support groups since aro/ace people don't usually experience the same kind of mistreatment as lgbt people. I mean, people get assaulted and murdered just for being visibly gay/trans in public and it's that kind of oppression that makes support groups necessary, but I've never heard of anyone genuinely fearing for their lives by virtue of being asexual or aromantic so I don't get why they'd need to join the same support groups as lgbt people. Since society tends to be so heteronormative, most aro/ace people are probably assumed to be straight by default and don't have to worry about being mistreated the same way those in the lgbt community are. Of course it's a different story for those who are homosexual aromantic, asexual biromantic, etc etc...

That being said, I'm not aro or ace myself so I'd be more than willing to hear some thoughts about this from someone that is

Has anybody else seen that thing going around about the couple who has been married for years getting a divorce so they can both be with their girlfriend? I don't know why but it makes me really happy? (probably cause I want a girlfriend, but I would want my bf to have his own partner, not sharing) I wish poly relationships weren't so look down upon, idk. But anyways I thought it was really cute.

The site kept crashing on my phone so I didn't get to read all of it but I think this is awesome. If this makes them happy then why not?
Yeah, I wish poly relationships were more accepted in society too. I know it's not for everyone but this type of stuff can help certain relationships grow stronger as there's not things like jealousy and trust issues so much. Also if people are bisexual/bi-curious it can be a good way to explore their sexuality more while they're in a long term relationship. Obviously same for straight people who just don't want to be monogamous too but bisexual people especially. This goes for couples that aren't just looking for serious relationships but swinging and stuff too.
If polygamy was more accepted then people cheating wouldn't be as common as it is now.

Cishet aces/aroaces aren't LGBT and I personally don't want them in LGBT spaces. I guess they aren't really hurting people in gay bars or gay clubs (assuming they don't try to pick people up) but as Pachi said they should not be in LGBT support groups or school groups since they will just never face the same problems LGBT people do and it's basically like a straight person being there, especially cishet aces since they are quite literally straight. Most LGBT support groups don't want them there either, but are forced to include them because otherwise they face reputation of being "exclusive" and get shut down.

Last edited:

I believe they have a right to be there

Cishet aces/aroaces aren't LGBT and I personally don't want them in LGBT spaces. I guess they aren't really hurting people in gay bars or gay clubs (assuming they don't try to pick people up) but as Pachi said they should not be in LGBT support groups or school groups since they will just never face the same problems LGBT people do and it's basically like a straight person being there. Most LGBT support groups don't want them there either, but are forced to include them because otherwise they face reputation of being "exclusive" and get shut down.

This gives me a whole new perspective. I'm not asexual, but I don't view and participate in romance the same way many people do. Although, I'm not opposed to being in a relationship and actually would like to be in one some day, I sometimes feel like I could be a-romantic because the relationship is only for someone else's company and to have someone to share inside jokes with, etc. Basically a best friend you exclusively "have fun" with.
Anyway, when I was at a summer therapy sanctuary like plae - and heard some of my acquaintance-friends (somewhere in the middle) talking about the LGBT group, I was excited and pleasantly surprised and went: "I wanna join!!!"
They were like "are you any of those letters?"
I said "well no....but half my best friends are"
"Then you don't need to be in the group. and friends aren't enough to justify"
I was like "ohh..okay :c"
I felt like it was the same as me being in a Minority/Black student union and was telling a non-black person that they couldn't join :/
But hearing what Gyro said really gave me a new perspective.

but then again
that's no different than telling a black/hispanic/asian person that "looks really white" that they shouldn't be in their respective ethnicity organizations/clubs because they don't "face the same" discrimination.

Last edited:

I'm really conflicted with this because people on the asexual spectrum DO face a lot of discrimination - try telling an older relative you don't want children or a partner and see how they react. People get angry because aros and aces aren't "normal" in their eyes, and that they need to be "fixed" with the right relationship or whatever. So they definitely do face real problems - but on the other hand if they are otherwise cisgender and heterosexual, then I mean...that's inherently not LGBTQ by default. I'm not sure what to think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back