LGBTQA - Discussion and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Gyro, I don't believe you should just be annoyed with us in general - as not all of us are like that. Again, I'm a minority and I see what my "fellow others" are trying to get at while saying we have every right to be annoyed with non-minorities - but in all reality, not all of them are of ill-intent, sure everyone biases, and a great majority of people are bigots/biased - some actually genuinely do not mean any harm. and definitely not getting mad at 100% of the non-minority population for something their ancestors did.

i actually get just as annoyed with people being mean/ridiculous about the LGBT community. first off being LGB is not a "lifestyle" it's just a sexuality and shouldn't be treated as something abnormal.

you're literally pulling a "NOT ALL STRAIGHT PEOPLE! UWU" on us you know that right?

I read that part, and I am aware some would have said/thought that, but that is not what I said.

Gyro said: we have every right to be annoyed with straight people.

Gyro did not say: we have every right to be annoyed with the bad, annoying, and bigoted straight people.

Last edited:
I read that part, and I am aware some would have said/thought that, but that is not what I said.

Gyro did not say: we have every right to be annoyed with the bad, annoying, and bigoted straight people.

But we do have a right to be annoyed with straight people? For hundreds of years, LGBT people have been ridiculed, murdered, shamed, kicked out of families, etc just for being gay, so I think we have a right to be annoyed at straight people?

Okay, then I and all other minorities have every right to be annoyed with white people.
If you agree with this statement, and you are indeed a non-minority, then I don't know what to say. But you are probably not going to, because it is a ridiculous statement.
That's not how I feel but that's an example. Please take these kinds of things into account.
I would never say this, because it could be taken out of context, I would say "I have every right to feel disgust towards racist bigots." See the difference? I'm just trying to get across how it sounds and feels.

African Americans have been enslaved by Caucasians, hate murdered, have been victims of hate crimes, have been lynched in the past, have been seen as inferior, denied jobs JUST for being african-american (and we can't just "hide it" either) and SO many other things, but I am in no way hating 100% of caucasians for something only some of them and their ancestors do/did.

Or if you're going to bring up the "bringing race into everything" argument, then I have every right to be annoyed with men, because of past oppression.

And You're right. LGBT people have been through all those things, but did I, my sisters, my mom, my dad, my best friends do this? No. We are just your everyday "straights". And you guys have been discriminated against, but did I, my sisters, and my friends do this? Not at all.

Note: I do not feel that way about both non-oppressed groups at all. In fact I get annoyed when the same people say these things about them.

Last edited:
Everyone, please do not post hateful or discriminatory comments against entire groups of people. Even if the group is a majority, it's still discrimination. Unfortunately, if this keeps happening we'll have to close the thread. It's a bit ironic that this has to be said in a thread like this. The thread is titled "discussion and support," but hating other people isn't a way to support anyone.

This is why we are annoyed with straight people. Rather than take into account our struggles and why straight people as a whole can make us uncomfortable, you'd rather talk over us and pull a "we aren't all like that".

We know you aren't all like that, however we still have to be cautious around ALL straight people because a lot of you are like that and we have no way to know if you're an ally or not until we get to know you.

Also POC do have every right to be annoyed with white people as well lol.

Wow this thread has literally become ace discourse lite™

Anyway does anyone else hate gay hookup culture

I feel like I agree but I'd also like more specifics of what you mean about it

Everyone, please do not post hateful or discriminatory comments against entire groups of people. Even if the group is a majority, it's still discrimination. Unfortunately, if this keeps happening we'll have to close the thread. It's a bit ironic that this has to be said in a thread like this. The thread is titled "discussion and support," but hating other people isn't a way to support anyone.

Did some more stuff happen while I was out or are you saying "The Straights" is discriminatory lol

Last edited:
Okay, well I can sympathize with the "feeling uncomfortable part" and sorry if It seemed like I was trying to talk over you, that wasn't my intent at all.

And I can also sympathize with having to be cautious. I guess we should end the debate here.

If I met a straight person and at a certain point they said some homophobic crap I would walk away from them, end of story.
I don't feel uncomfortable around straight people until they give me a reason to, there's no point in judging people before you get to know them otherwise you'll probably struggle meeting straight people if you think like this.

Not all straight people are like this luckily, it's nice to see good eggs be supportive of my sexuality even if they don't understand it fully.

Last edited:
If I met a straight person and at a certain point they said some homophobic crap I would walk away from them, end of story.
I don't feel uncomfortable around a straight person until the give me a reason to, there's no point in judging people before you get to know them otherwise you'll probably struggle meeting straight people if you think like this.

Not all straight people are like this luckily, it's nice to see good eggs be supportive of my sexuality even if they don't understand it fully.

I'm suspicious around everyone until they prove to me that I shouldn't be and I'm ok like this because then I don't get my hopes shattered and I don't feel bad dropping them.

Side note I read your last bit as "it's nice to see eggs be supportive of my sexuality" and was hilariously confused til I read it over 3 times oops

People are people.

It shouldnt matter how they feel, who they like or love or their sexual identity. Shouldnt matter if theyre straight, gay, lesbian, bi, trans, ace, or anything else. They are who they are, and should be accepted for who they are.

Sadly this cannot be a reality due to hating on others by some rather angry people with very close minded views.

Hopefully someday everyone can be accepted as just "a person", instead of some seeing them as different or wrong based on sexual orientation or race. Everyone can identify as whatever they like, its their life, their choice and how they feel.

Everyone has the right to be how they were born spiritually and express who they are.

Last edited:
I'm not particularly fond of this thread anymore, I find it to be in bad taste because of the last few pages.

So I'm going to avoid it now, unless it stays true to the title which it currently isn't doing. It's more of a hate thread against straight people at the moment rather than LGBTQA support and discussion.

Bigoted straight people are the problem not straight people.

Last edited:
Wow this thread has literally become ace discourse lite™

Anyway does anyone else hate gay hookup culture

did you mean: Michael

---

also about asexuals ppl having a community outside of the LGBT i don't see a problem with that at all but is there really a solid one rn

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i was moisturizing my face so i didnt get a chance to say this but

is it only heteroromantic asexuals people have a problem with? <--- i understand the complaints about this one very well but i dont really see the problem with a non-cishet asexual being in the lgbt community at all, and if the problem is only just with cishet aces i dont think all aces should be excluded because of that? or is that not what people are saying

Last edited:
is it only heteroromantic asexuals people have a problem with? <--- i understand the complaints about this one very well but i dont really see the problem with a non-cishet asexual being in the lgbt community at all, and if the problem is only just with heterosexual aces i dont think all aces should be excluded because of that? or is that not what people are saying

I think it widely varies, generalizing is pretty hard to do with LGBT community

Bigoted straight people are the problem not straight people.

When we say straight people we are talking about bigoted straight people. It's not rocket science that not all straight people are bigoted and we really shouldn't have to clarify.

is it only heteroromantic asexuals people have a problem with? <--- i understand the complaints about this one very well but i dont really see the problem with a non-cishet asexual being in the lgbt community at all, and if the problem is only just with cishet aces i dont think all aces should be excluded because of that? or is that not what people are saying

That's pretty much exactly it, sorry if it wasn't clear before.

When we say straight people we are talking about bigoted straight people. It's not rocket science that not all straight people are bigoted and we really shouldn't have to clarify.

That's pretty much exactly it, sorry if it wasn't clear before.

Mkay sure.

If you really think people venting about + being uncomfortable with their oppressors is "straight hate" then idk what to say, that's on you.

?\_(ツ)_/?

I originally thought you were talking about all straight people which I found to be ridiculous.

I think people ranting and being uncomfortable is valid against the people who are actually oppressing them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do you really think I would have a problem with people being uncomfortable around bigots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back