• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

LGBTQA - Discussion and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love donuts.

EDIT: Being a non-random-almost-troll-fangirl, and talking about this thread instead...

I dont like how its become kind of weird and there was the entire "the straights" argument thing (I understand why people could be mad at some of them and the hate they have endure because of the actions of some straight people, I also understand that those of you who said that were most likely not trying to stereotype any cishet people who are kind).

I think we all should try and help this thread become more positive, arguments arent good for anyone.

Last edited:
Oh yeah definitely. Grindr especially is a cesspool of the toxicity in the gay community.
It sucks that the only places we can meet other people like us are either in alcoholic settings (clubs/bars) or a phone app full of the most racist gay guys on the planet who just wanna see you naked.
if only we evolved had a built in sixth sense that would allow us to identify gays this wouldn't be a problem

- - - Post Merge - - -

I still wonder about gaydar wow what a phenomenon

I love donuts.

EDIT: Being a non-random-almost-troll-fangirl, and talking about this thread instead...

I dont like how its become kind of weird and there was the entire "the straights" argument thing (I understand why people could be mad at some of them and the hate they have endure because of the actions of some straight people, I also understand that those of you who said that were most likely not trying to stereotype any cishet people who are kind).

I think we all should try and help this thread become more positive, arguments arent good for anyone.

While I don't agree with stereotyping cishet people, it's kinda ironic that they get all butthurt about it, meanwhile a lot of them stereotype minorities.

o.o Well, Im not a big fan of Tim Hortons, and they sell donuts XD

How

Dare

You

if only we evolved had a built in sixth sense that would allow us to identify gays this wouldn't be a problem

- - - Post Merge - - -

I still wonder about gaydar wow what a phenomenon

If only the gaydar was real and not a homophobic invention by demons who notice when a man has a "gay lisp"

How

Dare

You

A familiy member got food poisoning from there twice, though not from donuts :)

While I don't agree with stereotyping cishet people, it's kinda ironic that they get all butthurt about it, meanwhile a lot of them stereotype minorities.

Yeah, I think its wrong for anyone to stereotype anybody, but sometimes it just happens I guess. As long as ppl arent hateful or demeaning of cishet people.

Last edited:
Tim Hortons is blessed bc it has food I can actually afford (99 cent donuts, plus 99 cent drink soon)

wait what who is hating straight people here? like can you actually say exactly what it is? it's not discrimination to be upset about oppressors oppressing u. i get that youre a mod and dont care about the actual discussion but lmao i need to ask
this kinda is a perfect example of straight people being offended and comparing it to oppression against lgbtq people. i get that people dont like to hear that stuff and maybe ppl feel that some things being said were too harsh but when there is a post talking about how oppressed straight ppl are by the lgbtq community suddenly a lot more people show that they care. it'd be cool if people cared as much about lgbtq people, especially in a thread for lgbtq people but yeah no let's focus on the evil transgenders and gays who dont support their supporters.

idk if people think ppl are hating every single straight person personally but like..?? thats not the case lol??? i hate the society straight people have created and are reinforcing, i hate how cishet ppl are allowed to be ignorant about stuff but lgbtq people cant be ignorant, i hate how straight people and the straight society generally treats lgbtq infividuals. i dont hate every straight person on a personal level lmao

also can people actually reply to specific posts instead of crying about heterophobia

I'm actually not a mod, I'm the owner of the site, therefore I decide what's allowed to be posted here. Making these generalized negative statements towards entire groups of people is a form of discrimination.

You haven't said that "the straight people who oppress us are unfortunate" or that "you're sick of a person who did something oppressive." You made a very broad and generalized negative statement about an entire group of people, which is what discrimination is. We've had numerous members come forward, both gay and straight, who find these comments offensive.

In the same way that we would take issue with someone posting about how they are "really sick" of gay people, we aren't okay with someone saying that they are "really sick" of straight people either. And it doesn't matter if one group is larger than the other, saying that all people of a certain race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or otherwise is "unfortunate" is definitely a discriminatory statement, which we don't allow here.

TBT is a forum comprised of many different groups of people, which is why we strive to make it a friendly environment for everyone. If you want to use this forum, you have to listen to the staff and respect our rules, which are designed to create an environment that promotes non-hostile, inclusive, and substantive discussions. It's fine to talk about the people who try to oppress others and give support to one another, but nobody is allowed to post discriminatory comments towards any group of people on TBT.

You haven't said that "the straight people who oppress us are unfortunate" or that "you're sick of a person who did something oppressive."

We did though. When there was confusion we quite clearly stated that we weren't talking about all straight people.

No one's discriminating against you or anyone here.

Last edited:
Stick in some "feminist" hate comments about men and white people and this will basically be tumblr in a nutshell right now. XD

Last edited:
I'm actually not a mod, I'm the owner of the site, therefore I decide what's allowed to be posted here. Making these generalized negative statements towards entire groups of people is a form of discrimination.

You haven't said that "the straight people who oppress us are unfortunate" or that "you're sick of a person who did something oppressive." You made a very broad and generalized negative statement about an entire group of people, which is what discrimination is. We've had numerous members come forward, both gay and straight, who find these comments offensive.

In the same way that we would take issue with someone posting about how they are "really sick" of gay people, we aren't okay with someone saying that they are "really sick" of straight people either. And it doesn't matter if one group is larger than the other, saying that all people of a certain race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or otherwise is "unfortunate" is definitely a discriminatory statement, which we don't allow here.

TBT is a forum comprised of many different groups of people, which is why we strive to make it a friendly environment for everyone. If you want to use this forum, you have to listen to the staff and respect our rules, which are designed to create an environment that promotes non-hostile, inclusive, and substantive discussions. It's fine to talk about the people who try to oppress others and give support to one another, but nobody is allowed to post discriminatory comments towards any group of people on TBT.

Thank you so much for saying this Jeremy, I feel like some people on this thread needed to hear that.
This website should be welcoming to everyone and people of all ages...

Last edited:
Glad something has been said, hopefully the discussion here can be more positivity based!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back