• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

LGBTQA - Discussion and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally thought you were talking about all straight people which I found to be ridiculous.

I think people ranting and being uncomfortable is valid against the people who are actually oppressing them.

Nah, I talk in the general sense a lot. And I mean a lot, with everything.

If I say "you" I tend to mean anyone in general who fits what I'm describing, if I say "x group of people" I mean, again, anyone who actually fits the problem and not necessarily the group in its entirety.

When people refer to straight people (or any group for that matter) like The Straights or The Straights™ it usually means the bad ones.

Nah, I talk in the general sense a lot. And I mean a lot, with everything.

If I say "you" I tend to mean anyone in general who fits what I'm describing, if I say "x group of people" I mean, again, anyone who actually fits the problem and not necessarily the group in its entirety.

When people refer to straight people (or any group for that matter) like The Straights or The Straights™ it usually means the bad ones.

Okay.

I don't want people thinking I am a self hating gay person who wants people to hate on his own community, that would be pretty sad.

I don't want people to think I'm like Milo Yiannopoulos, like nobody wants to be associated with him, nobody. lmfao.

Last edited:
Okay.

I don't want people thinking I am a self hating gay person who wants people to hate on his own community, that would be pretty sad.

I don't want people to think I'm like Milo Yiannopoulos.

I didn't really get that feeling from you, though I've also never talked to you before (I think?) so I didn't really have much of an impression.

I didn't really get that feeling from you, though I've also never talked to you before (I think?) so I didn't really have much of an impression.

Nah you have, I changed my username.

And thank goodness that I didn't seem that way.

Last edited:
OH

O H

Well I didn't think you were Milo Yabadabadoo to begin with either way
If I was ever compared to him I would hide in the shadows.

Milo Yabadabadabooboodoo is a disgrace, I just don't understand him at all.

Everyone, please do not post hateful or discriminatory comments against entire groups of people. Even if the group is a majority, it's still discrimination. Unfortunately, if this keeps happening we'll have to close the thread. It's a bit ironic that this has to be said in a thread like this. The thread is titled "discussion and support," but hating other people isn't a way to support anyone.

wait what who is hating straight people here? like can you actually say exactly what it is? it's not discrimination to be upset about oppressors oppressing u. i get that youre a mod and dont care about the actual discussion but lmao i need to ask
this kinda is a perfect example of straight people being offended and comparing it to oppression against lgbtq people. i get that people dont like to hear that stuff and maybe ppl feel that some things being said were too harsh but when there is a post talking about how oppressed straight ppl are by the lgbtq community suddenly a lot more people show that they care. it'd be cool if people cared as much about lgbtq people, especially in a thread for lgbtq people but yeah no let's focus on the evil transgenders and gays who dont support their supporters.

idk if people think ppl are hating every single straight person personally but like..?? thats not the case lol??? i hate the society straight people have created and are reinforcing, i hate how cishet ppl are allowed to be ignorant about stuff but lgbtq people cant be ignorant, i hate how straight people and the straight society generally treats lgbtq infividuals. i dont hate every straight person on a personal level lmao

also can people actually reply to specific posts instead of crying about heterophobia

I remember watching a short film once about a world in which being straight was something that people looked down upon instead of the other way around, and I could genuinely see that becoming a reality someday, and that's coming from a gay person.

I feel like everyone should just try to get along with each other and accept each other for who they are without all the garbage about labelling and grouping. Nobody cares. Let people love, have sex with, not have sex with, dress, etc. how they want.

But the LGBT community is important in the same way that things like Black Lives Matter are important. Straight people don't need a gay pride movement and white people don't need to be reminded their lives matter.

I think it's perfectly fine for straight folks to come in and show their support, though. I don't think it makes people feel any less safe. If it does that's their problem for being on an online forum.

I remember watching a short film once about a world in which being straight was something that people looked down upon instead of the other way around, and I could genuinely see that becoming a reality someday, and that's coming from a gay person.

Are you serious lmao we're still getting murdered here but alright!

All of the actual "I hate straight people they deserve death!" people are teenagers on the internet who would trip over their own feet if they even tried to harm anyone.

Last edited:

All of the actual "I hate straight people they deserve death!" people are teenagers on the internet who would trip over their own feet if they even tried to harm anyone.

It'll happen when you and me are both gone. The world will have problems far beyond our comprehension, I think. Then again, sexuality will probably be the least of them. I'd like to hope things get better for everyone someday, though. We'll probably just get there and then the Earth will start to crumble, with our luck.

It'll happen when you and me are both gone. The world will have problems far beyond our comprehension, I think. Then again, sexuality will probably be the least of them. I'd like to hope things get better for everyone someday, though. We'll probably just get there and then the Earth will start to crumble, with our luck.

Don't be foolish my consciousness is going to be put into a robot and I will live forever.

But nah, it'll never happen. Any LGBT person capable of being a part of anything of the sort is smart enough to know that everything we fought for would do a 180 if they tried, considering we can't even say "The Straights" without 20 straight people thinking we're attacking them and saying "See? This is why I hate the home of sexuals".

I think what'll happen is the grumpy homophobic/transphobic parents and grandparents we see today will die out and the world will be a more accepting place since we have the right education on LGBT issues and identities now. We're going forward and we'll continue to do so. It's kinda sad to expect something so low from our community, who knows what it's like to struggle and burn in the first place.

lol ok but no
cishets arent oppressed. tye lgbtq community doesnt want to oppress or kill cishets. we just want our rights but i guess if it's discrimination to cishets that lgbtq people get the rights and acceptance cishets have had all this time then so be it l m a o

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't be foolish my consciousness is going to be put into a robot and I will live forever.

But nah, it'll never happen. Any LGBT person capable of being a part of anything of the sort is smart enough to know that everything we fought for would do a 180 if they tried, considering we can't even say "The Straights" without 20 straight people thinking we're attacking them and saying "See? This is why I hate the home of sexuals".

ha ha well now youre being heterophobic because it is a heterosexual right to be homophobic and transphobic ?????? youre literally killing the straights by saying that i cant believe the evil lgbtqs are like this, i even boyght a rainbow backpack to support you guys

srsly there are still countries that have the death penalty for being gay so!!!
also, i know the video bowie is refering to, and i think it was meant to say "this is the **** gay people have to go through" rather then "this is what will happen!!!!!!!!!!!" lmfao

I remember seeing that on facebook. If only that happened, get population under control.

But I also agree, like as long as you're not doing anything illegal(ya know besides the stupid laws that shouldn't exist) just let people live their own lives, it's nobodies business what someone's sexuality is besides their own!

This is kind of hilarious. Cishets will always be the majority, and I doubt any kind of radicalism could bring up something like that.

I feel like I agree but I'd also like more specifics of what you mean about it
Grindr/Hookup culture and the fact that there's a ton of gay guys who only care about sex. I mean there's nothing really wrong with it to an extent, but I just feel like it's something that's kind of tiring and annoying. Like how some guys won't even talk to you if you're not interested in hooking up or snapping them a pic of ur peen. Basically a lot of aspects of dating like getting to know someone or hanging out are becoming harder to find in the gay scene and it's mostly just fastforward to sex. I haven't experienced it first hand but I know a lot of people who are frustrated with it and I hear about and I think it's kind of sad. I'm not gonna go into too much more detail since this is a forum kiddos and I don't want an infraction.

i even boyght a rainbow backpack to support you guys

DYING

Grindr/Hookup culture and the fact that there's a ton of gay guys who only care about sex. I mean there's nothing really wrong with it to an extent, but I just feel like it's something that's kind of tiring and annoying. Like how some guys won't even talk to you if you're not interested in hooking up or snapping them a pic of ur peen. Basically a lot of aspects of dating like getting to know someone or hanging out are becoming harder to find in the gay scene and it's mostly just fastforward to sex. I haven't experienced it first hand but I know a lot of people who are frustrated with it and I hear about and I think it's kind of sad. I'm not gonna go into too much more detail since this is a forum kiddos and I don't want an infraction.

Oh yeah definitely. Grindr especially is a cesspool of the toxicity in the gay community.
It sucks that the only places we can meet other people like us are either in alcoholic settings (clubs/bars) or a phone app full of the most racist gay guys on the planet who just wanna see you naked.

I think you guys are misinterpreting my point slightly but oh well.

What was your point then? Your own words were "I could genuinely see that becoming a reality someday" and we are responding to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back