LGBTQA - Discussion and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did though. When there was confusion we quite clearly stated that we weren't talking about all straight people.

No one's discriminating against you or anyone here.

There are many examples of negative comments made towards a group of people in this thread. Here are a few:

Sorry that was kind of unrelated but I needed to vent about that somewhere 'cause I'm tired of The Straights.

Basically what himeki said but even if someone doesn't add a quirk to "straight people", LGBT people have every right to be annoyed with straight people (and/or cis people) in general and we shouldn't be antagonized for venting our frustrations

But we do have a right to be annoyed with straight people? For hundreds of years, LGBT people have been ridiculed, murdered, shamed, kicked out of families, etc just for being gay, so I think we have a right to be annoyed at straight people?

^ adding on to what gyro and himeki said "The Straights" and other stuff like it are kind of a response to how ignorant cishets keep talking about "the Gays" or "the Transsexuals" (. lol ) amd stuff like that. kinda like how people say stuff about straight couples being too intimate and that theyre shoving their sexuality down everyone's throats by looking at each other because thats what The Straights do to lgbtq people. i get it if you dont like it but i dont think anyone who's lgbtq likes to be treated rly badly all the time and imo it isn't rly fair that cishets are Still Learning when theyre being ignorant and homophobic/transphobic (so you're not supposed to get upset with them :^]) but if one lgbtq person says "straight ppl are unfortunate :/" everyone starts talking about heterophobia and that lgbtq ppl make cishets hate them by saying stuff like that lmao

i guess negativity isnt the best thing ever but cishets always expect lgbtq people to educate, be nice about being treated badly and have patience with them but if cishets want to talk about heterophobia and cisphobia because someone didn't feel like being a Good LGBTQ Person... (aka someone that has go educate everyone, be super nice, never be offended, not get angry, not call straight ppl out on being bad and also lol they have to accept that the cishet might disagree with their ~Lifestyle~ and that we need to accept transphobes and homophobes because theyre human too uwu)
like. please do Not.

honestly im really really sick of cishets* lmao can i die

but as gyro said if youre not a Cishet? you dont need to feel targeted because it is probably not about u

im Really Sick of cishets can they stop being like That* plz and thx

We wouldn't allow people to post these kinds of generalized, negative statements about "the gays," and the same goes for "the straights" or any other group of people. Adding a disclaimer to the post about what you actually mean by "the straights" doesn't make it any different. If someone said something about "the gays," there would certainly be expectations for us to take action. It's not any different in this case, which is why this has been the one of most reported threads in the last week or so. Overall, these types of posts go against the spirit of the thread and of the forum.

As I said before, many members have taken offense to some of the things that have been posted here over the last few days, and we've seen a lot of very negative, sarcastic, and rude comments, going as far as trying to run a good intentioned person out of the thread and accusing them of having ulterior motives when posting supportive comments. Maybe there are other forums or internet communities that allow this type of thing, but TBT isn't one of them. We believe this thread could be a positive thing for the community to have and for people to come together to receive support, guidance, or to share stories, but we won't allow it or any thread to be used as a means to bash a group of people, and many members seem to be of the opinion that this is what it's become. This really needs to end today.

I feel like a lot of online gay people are becoming really aggressive and I feel like it doesn't help them educate the ignorant. It is true that there are those who are awful to gay people and seem to get away with it. But at the same time, it's wrong, isn't it? Being aggressive to try to gain respect isn't going to help and in fact, won't make people see your opinion(s). That's how I see it. Getting "payback on straight people" isn't the way to go, in my opinion anyway.

Assuming every straight person hates every non straight person is hilariously sad.

Last edited:
It is very different but you know what ok Jeremy. Thank you for making it clear that here, we care more about the feelings of The Straight People Who Oppress Us? (which they'll get over in 5 minutes) than about lgbt people's feelings and lgbt people being able to vent properly.

I don't get why these comments full of actual mockery are still on the thread:

I'm adoptive trans because male bathroom are disgusting. So when I go out I use the females, and then when they like 'y u in here' i like 'o am transgender' they liek 'o'

I just found out im a genderfluid-genderqueer-demisexual-foxkin-asexual-gay- attack helicopter

It's really hard for me atm to keep all my feelings intact </333

society won't accept me for who i am :(((

idk I might change tomorrow

Stick in some "feminist" hate comments about men and white people and this will basically be tumblr in a nutshell right now. XD

But these, being people VENTING, are the ones being pointed at for being "discriminatory":

The LGBT community has a lot of its own intracommunity issues; misogynistic gay men was already mentioned, and there's also biphobia from LGs, transphobia from LGBs, and racism - especially antiblackness - across the whole board. The ace community also has its own homophobia problem. All communities are toxic in some form.

On the topic of anti-blackness in the LGBT community BLM was on the news just now and my stepsister felt the need to say "I don't agree with how they do things, they shouldn't have stopped Pride" and I just got so annoyed, like why do straight white girls with colourful undercuts always think they have a say in LGBT issues? Pride has a huge history of putting white gay people on a pedestal and glossing over the lives of black trans people (namely women) and black gay people. If she actually listened to what they had to say she'd know that.

Sorry that was kind of unrelated but I needed to vent about that somewhere 'cause I'm tired of The Straights.

^ adding on to what gyro and himeki said "The Straights" and other stuff like it are kind of a response to how ignorant cishets keep talking about "the Gays" or "the Transsexuals" (. lol ) amd stuff like that. kinda like how people say stuff about straight couples being too intimate and that theyre shoving their sexuality down everyone's throats by looking at each other because thats what The Straights do to lgbtq people. i get it if you dont like it but i dont think anyone who's lgbtq likes to be treated rly badly all the time and imo it isn't rly fair that cishets are Still Learning when theyre being ignorant and homophobic/transphobic (so you're not supposed to get upset with them :^]) but if one lgbtq person says "straight ppl are unfortunate :/" everyone starts talking about heterophobia and that lgbtq ppl make cishets hate them by saying stuff like that lmao

i guess negativity isnt the best thing ever but cishets always expect lgbtq people to educate, be nice about being treated badly and have patience with them but if cishets want to talk about heterophobia and cisphobia because someone didn't feel like being a Good LGBTQ Person... (aka someone that has go educate everyone, be super nice, never be offended, not get angry, not call straight ppl out on being bad and also lol they have to accept that the cishet might disagree with their ~Lifestyle~ and that we need to accept transphobes and homophobes because theyre human too uwu)
like. please do Not.

honestly im really really sick of cishets* lmao can i die

but as gyro said if youre not a Cishet? you dont need to feel targeted because it is probably not about u

Although, then again, maybe I do. In fact it's been made pretty clear now. Thanks.

-----

I feel like a lot of online gay people are becoming really aggressive and I feel like it doesn't help them educate the ignorant. It is true that there are those who are awful to gay people and seem to get away with it. But at the same time, it's wrong, isn't it? Being aggressive to try to gain respect isn't going to help and in fact, won't make people see your opinion(s). That's how I see it. Getting "payback on straight people" isn't the way to go, in my opinion anyway.

Assuming every straight person hates every non straight person is hilariously sad.

No one is "being aggressive to gain respect" here or assuming every straight person's a homophobe though? There were people getting their separate frustrations out and thats it, unless this was a general statement and not about this thread.

It is very different but you know what ok Jeremy. Thank you for making it clear that here, we care more about the feelings of The Straight People Who Oppress Us™ (which they'll get over in 5 minutes) than about lgbt people's feelings and lgbt people being able to vent properly.

But these, being people VENTING, are the ones being pointed at for being "discriminatory":

Although, then again, maybe I do. In fact it's been made pretty clear now. Thanks.

-----

No one is "being aggressive to gain respect" here or assuming every straight person's a homophobe though? There were people getting their separate frustrations out and thats it, unless this was a general statement and not about this thread.

Yeah, I was referring to people on Tumblr and stuff. My fault for not specifying that.

Yeah, I was referring to people on Tumblr and stuff. My fault for not specifying that.

It's fine

I kind of see what you're talking about but at the same time 1. I understand where they're coming from and 2. I don't think those people do much outside of tumblr anyways. Like I can't imagine them acting like that off of the internet so I'm not all that bothered by it, unless they take it too far and start sending death threats or something.

There are many examples of negative comments made towards a group of people in this thread. Here are a few:

We wouldn't allow people to post these kinds of generalized, negative statements about "the gays," and the same goes for "the straights" or any other group of people. Adding a disclaimer to the post about what you actually mean by "the straights" doesn't make it any different. If someone said something about "the gays," there would certainly be expectations for us to take action. It's not any different in this case, which is why this has been the one of most reported threads in the last week or so. Overall, these types of posts go against the spirit of the thread and of the forum.

As I said before, many members have taken offense to some of the things that have been posted here over the last few days, and we've seen a lot of very negative, sarcastic, and rude comments, going as far as trying to run a good intentioned person out of the thread and accusing them of having ulterior motives when posting supportive comments. Maybe there are other forums or internet communities that allow this type of thing, but TBT isn't one of them. We believe this thread could be a positive thing for the community to have and for people to come together to receive support, guidance, or to share stories, but we won't allow it or any thread to be used as a means to bash a group of people, and many members seem to be of the opinion that this is what it's become. This really needs to end today.
u removed my disclaimer that i love straight ppl, doesnt that mean that everything mildly nrgative i said about them is excused
ii get that u can decide what is posted on this site and that the Spirit of This Forum is feeling offended bc of the Aura of this thread but if you want to stop discrimination there are better places to start

and if we are supposed to be allowed to share our stories about being lgbtq we have to be able to share the stories about our experiences with discrimination. we have all said multiple times that this isnt about who cishets love or how they identify, it is about how so many cishets say and do discriminating things. our entire society is based on homophobia and transphobia. we cant live openly as who we are without having to be scared or deal with people saying discriminating things directly to us. all the systems are made for cishet people. all of this is reinforcedevery day and all cishet people have privileges over lgbtq individuals no matter how non trans- and homophobic they are.
youre talking about stereotyping an entire group ( .... .. just like how cishets do to us.. maybe gay people are the real homophobes.. really makes you think :') ) but im talking about the straight society and how people reinforce all the stupid gender and sexuality thigns all the time. im not trying to get back at cishet people, im just writing about my negative experiences and yes i an upset about the cishet part because they are allowed to be ignorant because theyre cishet. i dont hate all cishets but i do hate the power they have and i hate how they can treat us badly. they dont have to care or be educated or be respectful because theyre cis and straight and that is accepted as the normal and true way to be in our society.

this isnt about this forum or thread only. it is everywhere. not allowing us to talk about the huge part disrimination plays in our lives is to silence us and try to show our situation in a better light. it is like straight allies going to pride and thinking theyre saints but then when russia opens concentration camps for gay men theyre quiet. it is like how my cishet friends love to talk about their "gaydar" and say "positive" (discriminating, creepy, stereotypical and fetishing) things about the people their "gaydar" says are gay but when my openly lesbian sister who is also their friend was threathened and called discriminating words they didnt do anything to support her, she had to stand up for herself without the Perfect Allies because the gay loving straights dont want to see the negative side of our lives. they love pride, gay bars, gay culture, gaydar, gay best friends and all that but they dont want to see the problems we face that they themselves are partly responsible for. im so sick of this

- - - Post Merge - - -

It is very different but you know what ok Jeremy. Thank you for making it clear that here, we care more about the feelings of The Straight People Who Oppress Us™ (which they'll get over in 5 minutes) than about lgbt people's feelings and lgbt people being able to vent properly.

-----

love how being transphobic is alright but talking about your personal negative expefiences with hundreds of cishet people (while clarifying that it isnt a hatred towards all cishet people, it is only about how they have treated you and are allowed to treat you, you are just not writing an entire paragraph about specific cishet people every time you mention them) is too mean lmao.

- - - Post Merge - - -

me: it would be great if people stopped killing lgbtq people
ppl in this thread: well but ok we have to focus on the extreme hatred and violence straight people face when lgbtq people are saying that they dont want us to kill lgbtq people ??????

it get that the tone of this thread might be too heated fof this forum but this is everywhere. it is tone policing and ignoring the problems we talk about because no one is replying to the actual problems we have talked about you have just said that it's offensive to say that cishet people oppress lgbtq people

It is very different but you know what ok Jeremy. Thank you for making it clear that here, we care more about the feelings of The Straight People Who Oppress Us? (which they'll get over in 5 minutes) than about lgbt people's feelings and lgbt people being able to vent properly.

-----

How is the truth a mockery? I said the thing about tumblr because I'm reading exactly the same comments I've seen on tumblr over and over with so many minorities on there. Basically like what Corrie was saying, that's basically what it sounds like here (hence why Jeremy decided to say something). Hell, I'm not even straight and even I think some of these comments sounded passive aggressive like you're trying to provoke arguments and offend people here.

If you're referring to me saying "feminists" like that then that's not mockery because I'm only talking about people who claim to be feminists but are actually passive aggressive to the oppressors and privileged people. Not real feminists.
Oh and the XD was intentionally used to make my comment light hearted as I wasn't trying to offend people here, just to make a point of what this thread has become.

I apologise if it sounded like I was being offensive or anything.

Last edited:
How is the truth a mockery? I said the thing about tumblr because I'm reading exactly the same discussions I've seen on tumblr over and over with minorities on there. Basically like what Corrie was saying, that's basically what it sounds like here (hence why Jeremy decided to say something). Hell, I'm not even straight and even I think some of these comments sounded passive aggressive like you're trying to provoke arguments and offend people here.

If you're referring to me saying "feminists" like that then that's not mockery because I'm only talking about people who claim to be feminists but are actually passive aggressive to the oppressors and privileged people. Not real feminists.
Oh and the XD was intentionally used to make my comment light hearted as I wasn't trying to offend people here, just to make a point of what this thread has become.

the feminist thign here is exactly like the cishet thing we have said.

How is the truth a mockery? I said the thing about tumblr because I'm reading exactly the same comments I've seen on tumblr over and over with so many minorities on there. Basically like what Corrie was saying, that's basically what it sounds like here (hence why Jeremy decided to say something). Hell, I'm not even straight and even I think some of these comments sounded passive aggressive like you're trying to provoke arguments and offend people here.

You were mocking peoples' reactions by saying we sound like the people you were describing, and in my opinion it definitely looked like you were trying to start something.

Also like VG said, people misinterpreting your "feminist" in quotes thing is exactly like people misinterpreting our use of "Straight People"

Now that I think about it, people mock and belittle tumblr users, feminists (as well as whatever their own opinion of "fake feminists" are), and SJWs on here all the time but I guess it's only discriminating if it is something involving straight people.

the discussion about Hating All Cishets lol many ppl have said that it isnt about "good" cishets (like u did w feminists)

Ok but if I was talking about real feminists I wouldn't have put quotation marks. I also wasn't there putting general statements like "feminists are annoying" or "I hate feminists" or something like that. I mentioned about them giving hate comments about majorities which is something real feminists don't do. Since real feminists don't do that and treat everyone equally (and the fact I'm mentioning tumblr which is known for fake feminists) I thought it'd be obvious that I'm not talking about real feminists.

Last edited:
Ok but if I was talking about real feminists I wouldn't have put quotation marks. I also wasn't there putting general statements like "feminists are annoying" or "I hate feminists" or something like that. I mentioned about them giving hate comments about majorities which is something real feminists don't do. Since real feminists don't do that and treat everyone equally (and the fact I'm mentioning tumblr which is known for fake feminists) I thought it'd be obvious that I'm not talking about real feminists.

im not saying youre talking about real feminists

feelsbad that i'm on here like once a month and can't ruffle up some jimmies :>

i joke about being gay but i'm actually bi. that way people think i'm joking lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

still in de nile

I still tell people irl that I'm straight, even though I'm bi. I'm too embarrassed tbh and don't want people irl to bother me about it. I'm dating a guy so I could pass as straight to most people anyway but I sometimes wanna be able to talk about how lovely I think some girls are. ;w; such is life.

I still haven't been able to come out (directly) to my mother. Like I've said before, it's kind of like everybody in my family already knows, but she seems to deliberately say homophobic things around me, I suppose in an attempt to scare me back into being straight or something. So, I'm out of the closet, but being pushed back into it, basically.

Everyone else in my life is cool with it, though. I wouldn't surround myself with or be friends with anyone who wasn't. But she's my mother, so it's a little more tricky than that.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, people mock and belittle tumblr users, feminists (as well as whatever their own opinion of "fake feminists" are), and SJWs on here all the time but I guess it's only discriminating if it is something involving straight people.

I don't think you are in the position to pass judgement on people who belittle or mock people when you are actively doing that in this thread and many other threads.
I've seen you mention race in posts when it is completely unnecessary, you've said it directly to me as a matter of fact. I believe you said that I remind you of those white boys who complain a lot or something along this lines. You have a history of making insensitive comments involving peoples race and gender before just like now, so you definitely are in no position to say that.

And no it's not only "discriminating if it involves straight people", this forum does not allow any form of discriminatory content and I've seen many threads and users be shut down because of comments that spread hate against groups of people and other users who are part of those groups. I guess we should just ignore them because you aren't allowed to spread hate against straight people.
Then after you post those comments people confront you and you expect them to know that you're only talking about bigots? Yeah no, it looks like you're using it as a front to avoid being called out on the stuff you and many others have said on this thread so you can bash straight people as a whole.

I'm gay and I'm okay with straight people but not straight people who are bigots. That isn't hard to specify at all, all of this confusion and arguing would've been avoided if you were all clearer.

I suggest this thread should be closed as the original intent of the thread has been ruined just like any thread on here that has good intentions but people feel like posting hateful comments to ruin it. I'm sorry if I appear to be rude, I'm just really disgusted by these hateful posts and the irony of this thread. Spread love not hate.

I shall avoid this thread if it isn't closed to be cleaned out or just closed, I suggest anybody who doesn't want to view these nasty comments to do the same.

Last edited:
I don't think you are in the position to pass judgement on people who belittle or mock people when you are actively doing that in this thread and many other threads.
I've seen you mention race in posts when it is completely unnecessary, you've said it directly to me as a matter of fact. I believe you said that I remind you of those white boys who complain a lot or something along this lines. You have a history of making insensitive comments involving peoples race and gender before just like now, so you definitely are in no positions to say that.

And no it's not only "discriminating if it involves straight people", this forum does not allow any form of discriminatory content and I've seen many threads and users be shut down because of comments that spread hate against groups of people and other users who are part of those groups. I guess we should just ignore them because you aren't allowed to spread hate against straight people.
Then after you post those comments people confront you and you expect them to know that you're only talking about bigots? Yeah no, it looks like you're using it as a front to avoid being called out on the stuff you and many others have said on this thread so you can bash straight people as a whole.

I'm gay and I'm okay with straight people but not straight people who are bigots. That isn't hard to specify at all, all of this confusion and arguing would've been avoided if you were all clearer.

I suggest this thread should be closed as the original intent of the thread has been ruined just like any thread on here that has good intentions but people feel like posting hateful comments to ruin it. I'm sorry if I appear to be rude, I'm just really disgusted by these hateful posts and the irony of this thread. Spread love not hate.

I shall avoid this thread if it isn't closed to be cleaned out or just closed, I suggest anybody who doesn't want to view these nasty comments to do the same.

Can I just agree with this, LMAO

I second what zendel says. My friend plays AC and is gay and wants to join this forum, but he's afraid cause he's read through this LGBT thread and he said he wouldn't feel welcomed. That's a bad sign.

@visibleghost, I am sorry But it almost sounds like you want every ally/non discriminating straight person to be perfect. And before you say we don't do anything, just like how I stood up for everyone bashing the straights, I will stand up for anyone bashing lgbtqa people, because it is a disgusting way to act. Bigotry is disgusting and people should be ashamed of themselves.

@Gyro, I actually have seen you say a lot about "the straights," but I decided to let it be because I wanted you guys to be able to vent and feel safe in your own space. It went terribly too far, and I had to say something. It sounds like you want to be able to bash and hate the straights in this thread without any repercussions, because it's an LGBTQA thread, and because you are part of the minority group. That's not how this works. My sisters would have confronted their own friends at BSU/BSA if they heard them talking that way about non-minorities, and the same applies for groups categorized by sexual/gender orientation.

And honestly guys, after this post - I'm not going to argue about this anymore. Unless you say something offensive, I will not say anything. Please just let this go and continue a positive thread unless you want it to be locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back