I don't have WW but I'm considering it.

Ahna

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I know it's like years late, haha. But I also started CF late because I did not have a Wii.

I do not have a 3d either but I plan to get a 3DS for the new game. It'll be a while before that comes out and I mean more than one AC town could be fun. I am not sure if it's silly though to get WW now.

Does it seem worth it?

Even though the 3DS game is upon us, Wild World still stands as a great game.

I've never regretted buying Wild World when I first got my 3DS. Having a version of the game you can take with you anywhere is always wonderful.

After playing that for so long then playing Population Growing again, I must say I miss being able to save anywhere! xD

I wouldn't get it. I mean, you're going to play it for what? a few months until the 3DS version comes out.

That's just my opinion. It's a great game and all, but I wouldn't get it knowing the release is in a few months.

I wouldn't get it. I mean, you're going to play it for what? a few months until the 3DS version comes out.

That's just my opinion. It's a great game and all, but I wouldn't get it knowing the release is in a few months.

That is true it is coming out soon but I might want to play both. :)

Animal Crossing: Wild World is a great game of its own, despite the strict DS restrictions and the lack of proper holidays. I'd rather wait for Animal Crossing: New Leaf to come out before May 2013, as you'd certainly get much more bang on your bucks. That is, unless you're some sort of a collector.

The 3DS XL basically has the same resolution as the older 3DS does, except each pixel in there is a bit larger. If you hold either START or SELECT while booting up any DS/DSi/Virtual Console game, it'll display in their original resolution. Otherwise, the system will fill up both screens and will inevitably look a bit blurrier (seems to be more noticeable on 3DS XL).

If you have large hands and/or want larger screens, I recommend you get the 3DS XL if you can afford it. Though, 3DS XL systems sold in Europe/UK and Japan won't include a recharger.

I've read that it will look bad on a 3DS XL because of the resolution?

I have a 3dsXL and play WW everyday (since a few weeks ago), and I have no problem with it being big on the screens. It makes it easier to spot bugs and such. Big fan!

I just bought a 3DS XL last week. The first game I picked up was ACWW, for $20 bucks you can't beat it. I have even seen some online for cheaper. Trust me this will hold you down nicely until ACNF come out.:)

The only thing to watch out for is that Wild World doesn't have as good a selection of holidays as Population Growing and City Folk.

So in that regard you might be disappointed.

Personally if I was in your position I would just wait for New Leaf.

The only thing to watch out for is that Wild World doesn't have as good a selection of holidays as Population Growing and City Folk.

So in that regard you might be disappointed.

Personally if I was in your position I would just wait for New Leaf.

That was my biggest downfall, the holidays. But being able to play wherever and not be nailed down to a TV made a huge difference.

For comparison's sake - I was a hardcore WoW player from approx late 2007 - late 2010. I can't ever see myself going back to it to be honest, just got so incredibly bored with it.

However, my AC:WW I got in early 2006.. I'm still going strong with that to this day! I've played a lot of video games and I have never come close to sticking with a title that long! Definitely worth it IMO. :) Even if I take a break from it, I always, always go back to it! I do have CF however I had a hard time sticking with it. I found it very tiresome to try to write letters or type anything! I love the portability of playing on the DS/3DS. Even if I was sick and couldn't sit at the computer or watch TV for too long I could curl up in bed and see what my villagers were up to. :)

The portability of wild world is definitely what made the game. So as stated it does make up for the 'limited' features.
However if you're getting the 3DS version then its a flip of a coin. I myself am avoiding animal crossing and most videos related to the new one for the sole purpose of having that fresh feel when I play it :)

I can only say that although the DS is a portable console, I always used it at home. I just don't like playing while everything is busy around me or when I have to close the DS often because of walking or something like that...

And despite of what a lot of other people think, I really didn't like the DS version at all. I mean, Animal Crossing will always be a great game with a sweet concept, but I didn't like the graphics, the holidays and such. I always liked the GameCube- and Wii-Version more.

Thanks everyone for the responses!
As of now I still do not have the game nor the 3DS.
I think I may just wait for a release date of the new one. Between classes and work, I won't be able to play anyway.

If you do not have a 3DS, I would recomend getting a 3DSXL, I wish I had one but I am not paying that much for a system I already have (3DS). My friend has one and the bigger screen makes the graphics seem better. Get a 3DSXL and ACWW, just my thoughts.

Back