• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

HURRICANE 101

Hurricane Sandy to hit Florida on Friday or Saturday. SOCK I HAVE PAPER UMBRELLAS AND MARTINI MIX.
Sandy is supposed to hit New Jersey late tomorrow or Monday. Apparently it's going to be the worst storm New Jersey has seen in over 100 years. They're already evacuating people down the shore and in Long Island. This should be a fun one.

Last edited:
Supposed to partially hit in West Virginia sometime in the next few days. Some news reporter in NJ said it would bring about 50 inches of snow to the higher mountains, which is ridiculous. That's over four feet.

anyway, passed through North and South Carolina and the wind was insane.

I live in NJ , probably near Keenan's county.. I live on the northwestern side of NJ so this will be interesting to see if actually does anything great to my side compared to the other towns :p.

I believe the last hurricane we got (in August I believe) managed to get it's rain all they way to the Midwest. It rained for days! I really hope it doesn't cause as much destruction as they are saying it might....I can't imagine living on the coastal states and feeling that hurricane wind.

I live in NJ , probably near Keenan's county.. I live on the northwestern side of NJ so this will be interesting to see if actually does anything great to my side compared to the other towns :p.
I'm more east/central, in Union County, but from the looks of the map, every part of the state is going to get hit. It will settle down as it goes north, so it probably won't be as bad when it hits you.

Sorry about the attachment. It's the best I can do from my phone.

image.jpg

For you guys up north, you need to read that hurricane preparedness guide regardless of the category. That was written for more southern areas. A category 1 could utterly rip you to shreds. Show it to your parents and make sure you know what you're going to do.

Us southerners:
ITS COLD

If I lived there I'd have one piece of advice:

Follow the Rimmer Shaped Blur!

(Those from England will get the reference)

I am on TBT right now because the storm is forcing me to stay home. All major roads are closing in about 20 minutes. It's not doing much yet.

I am on TBT right now because the storm is forcing me to stay home. All major roads are closing in about 20 minutes. It's not doing much yet.

I hope TBT has a well-established line of succession should you die of sogginess.

I wonder if it will hit New Brunswick or just go for the water...
Halloween would be a no go if it hit though.

Well my power came back.

Yall are still going through the storm from what I've seen. If you lose power after it ends, you're going to have a hell of a time getting it back unless you're on the same grid as a school or hospital.

Welp, I live in NJ, didn't get power for 5 days.. I feel bad for the people in places like Breezy Point and Jersey Shore, because they basically lost most of their stuff.. :(

Welp, I live in NJ, didn't get power for 5 days.. I feel bad for the people in places like Breezy Point and Jersey Shore, because they basically lost most of their stuff.. :(

Never feel bad for the Jersey Shore.

I like hurricane weather unless it's destroying my house and neighborhood...which hasn't happened...yet...

My friend likes to go to the beach when it's happening. Personally i like to just listen to the rain while indoors snuggling and comforting my scared dogs.

So a week without power... I'm finally back.

My house didn't have any damage, despite having a half-dead Red Maple ten feet from it. Plenty of big trees and branches down around town, though. We didn't get it nearly as bad as those down the shore, as Elliot said.

Glad to finally be back. I missed the interwebs.

Back