• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

About a girl

PaJami

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Silver Mailbox
Hey there everyone. So there's this girl that I kinda like, not much more explanation needed.. Anyway, I was thinking of perhaps singing a song for her while accompanying myself on the piano. The problem is I can't really think of a good romantic-ish song that would be possible to sound good on just piano and vocal, and would fit my vocal range. I sing in the baritone/bass area, so high notes are a bit tough for me. I'm just wondering if anyone has a suggestion of a song I could sing for her. Not necessarily a heavy love song, but a flirtatious sort of song. You know, Just the Way You Are and songs like that. I dunno if I explained myself well enough, but if you get me, please help me out. Thanks much!

Self- Could You Love Me Now? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXy_wxgIe7A
Self (Matt Mahaffey) is one of my favorite artists. The piano part is pretty easy, I figured it out and I don't know anything about piano.

Pilot Blue- High Altitude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aakS7UpVIA
This is from a small band in my area. Good song, but it doesn't have a piano part, only guitar and bass.

Good luck! You have guts that I wish I had, I really hope everything goes well.

Last edited:
Maybe some songs by Tank, He's an amazing soul singer & plays the piano but I think like 70% or less of his songs is sex music :S But I'm pretty sure he has a lot of 'girl' songs.

I doubt it's in your vocal range though, but I sang it for this V-day thing that I do out of school, and everyone liked it.

If you can get the notes it should be good.

If not, I'll try find something else (love songs are my fav <3)

Except it does say some "my boy" quiet a few times... so lyric changes?

Last edited:
I JUST HAD SEEEEEEEEEX, AND IT FELT SO GOOD (SO GOOD)

Okay, maybe save that for your second date :p.

Um...uh...you could try this:

Oh, and Everything by Michael Buble could work.

I'll be honest, I don't think singing a song for a girl is a good idea.
Well, not if she hasn't expressed any mutual feelings back to you.

This is not how you get laid in real life. Do not do this.

What you should do:

"Hey, Stacy. Listen, I think you're really cute and I want to take you out sometime."

That's it. Or, better yet, forget about this girl (who probably isn't attracted to you because you've waited too long and have most likely been friendzoned) and find a new one you have never spoken to before, take yourself out of your comfort zone and ask her out instead.

Last edited:
Andy and Fabio sum up my sentiments on this issue. Be direct and just tell/ask her. I applaud you for being a romantic, but this isn't a movie and she could say no which would feel terrible on your part.

Speaking as a girl, I think this idea is rather sweet. But if a guy who I didn't like sang to me, I would feel really bad. So maybe find out if she likes you, and only then should you do this. Or, just do what Fabio suggested (saying: "Hey, Stacy. Listen, I think you're really cute and I want to take you out sometime.") and maybe save this for another time if you two end up really hitting it off. She'd find it real sweet if her boyfriend did this. Most girls would.

And on the whole friend zone thing, I would just like to say that girls can be friend zoned too. It's always assumed that girls do all of the friend zoning, but that is not always the case. Guys do it too. (I speak from experience, sigh.)

I wouldn't care if I liked them or not, the thought that they bothered to serenade me in the first place would be enough. I wouldn't feel bad for them

Back