• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you a hipster?

Hah, I am quite the opposite of a hispster. =_= Most people say I come off as being geeky... Oh gee whiz thanks. xD

In what context? I always thought a hipster was one who seeks to dedicate their life to the crosswise of mainstream indifference. If you think you're a hipster for wearing cardigans and skinny jeans, then you're blinded by your own terminology. Skinny jeans and cardigans are conventional and outdated, and wearing them only further established ones subconscious desire to fit in. Being different and unique -- that is the true hipster mentality. So rock the bleep on bros.

No one living is a truly dedicated hipster. Real hipsters know breathing is waaaaay too mainstream.

I'm not a hipster.

My avatar is me, and I'm more of a geek than anything else.

Hipster alll the waaayyyy!!

Just kidding, I couldn't be a hipster if I tried.
And everytime I hear that word I always hear "I ain't no hipster, girl I can make your hips stir!" in my head.

I wear cardigans, not skinny jeans

Sometimes I forget the only jeans I have are skinny jeans.

... What is a hipster? From what people are saying in this topic, No I'm not, I hate skinny jeans, Especially the colored ones.

... What is a hipster? From what people are saying in this topic, No I'm not, I hate skinny jeans, Especially the colored ones.

This, and Chinos - hate them too.

And to answer the question, no I'm not a 'hipster', I don't want to follow what everybody else does and wears. I'm my own person.

I like Odd Future though, so I suppose that makes me 'semi-hipster' :p #joke

I'm definitely a hipster. I like to be trendy. And I do love skinny jeans. I like anything thats cute to me :)

In what context? I always thought a hipster was one who seeks to dedicate their life to the crosswise of mainstream indifference. If you think you're a hipster for wearing cardigans and skinny jeans, then you're blinded by your own terminology. Skinny jeans and cardigans are conventional and outdated, and wearing them only further established ones subconscious desire to fit in. Being different and unique -- that is the true hipster mentality. So rock the bleep on bros.

First of all, hipster is a term used for fun. Second, uneeded post is uneeded and shows how ignorant you are. You contradicted yourself twice.

Last edited:
First of all, hipster is a term used for fun. Second, uneeded post is uneeded and shows how ignorant you are. Third, you have no clue what you're talking about. You contradicted yourself twice.

But his description was perfectly accurate...

But his description was perfectly accurate...

Yes, but he contradicted himself by first of all that cardigans and skinny jeans are outdated, which would be exactly what a "hipster" would have as his goal because outdated isn't mainstream.Which leads to his second contradiction. He was trying to trash me for no reason what so ever.

And for the record, they aren't outdated.

Sorry if I'm coming off as rude. I'm just trying to get my point across.

Last edited:
Yes, but he contradicted himself by first of all that cardigans and skinny jeans are outdated, which would be exactly what a "hipster" would have as his goal because outdated isn't mainstream.Which leads to his second contradiction. He was trying to trash me for no reason what so ever.

And for the record, they aren't outdated.

Sorry if I'm coming off as rude. I'm just trying to get my point across.

He wasn't contradicting anything. What you mean to say is, he was misinformed. You're using the word contradicted out of context.
Also, I think you're looking into it too much. His point was solid, and nowhere near insulting.

He wasn't contradicting anything. What you mean to say is, he was misinformed. You're using the word contradicted out of context.
Also, I think you're looking into it too much. His point was solid, and nowhere near insulting.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I feel bad for being so rude and I'm sorry Checkmate.

Back