• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Any pay for being mayor?

Sheeps Tor

Bell Trees are useless.
Bells
Does anyone know if you'll get payed to be the mayor?

I hope there is, or another way of making bells (a job), such as working for nook and then other villagers come in and buy things from you. And by working for nook, I dont mean that annoying introduction work you've gotta do when you first start town in ACWW and ACCF.

Im bored of shaking trees and selling fossils and stuff. Its boring and annoying and slow.

Any ideas anyone?

Hmm I never thought about getting payed for being the mayor. I honestly don't think you will get payed and if you do it should be based upon the care you have given to your town and once a month. If you let weeds grow and too many or too little trees grow you shouldn't be paid. But that's just me.

Idk. it sounds stupid right now, but if they think of a good way and makes the game fun, then I guess it's good

They should pay you like 10 000 bells a week :p Depending on how good a mayor you are, or maybe how long you've been mayor or something like that.

I think getting paid as the mayor is a good idea, just not in salary or hourly form.

I think your neighbors should come to you with tasks every now and then, or have them waiting in your office or what have you. When you complete a task, you get rewarded with sum of bells that reflects the amount of effort of the task.

I don't think you should be payed to be the mayor. Your just gonna have to find another way to earn money. =3

Wait is it confirmed you'll be the mayor?

@Above post; I'm assuming you would be judged how many days you've played the game rather then everyday. And if you don't play for 3 months your pay will decrease or go back to minimum.

Wait is it confirmed you'll be the mayor?

@Above post; I'm assuming you would be judged how many days you've played the game rather then everyday. And if you don't play for 3 months your pay will decrease or go back to minimum.

Yeah. There's a video, its in japanese though, and the animals keep calling the player "sonchou" which means mayor.

If you go on youtube they have that same vidoe posted like 300 times by different players.
Some in english, some not.

How would getting paid work? Time-traveling would mess everything up. I'm not trying to say that it's a bad idea or that I'm trying to offend someone, though.

How would getting paid work? Time-traveling would mess everything up. I'm not trying to say that it's a bad idea or that I'm trying to offend someone, though.

No one would be offended by that haha

But yeah, I do think being payed for being mayor is a stupid idea. It would ruin the game. Like, money would be obtained to easily, someone would have to give you the money, which would have to be a higher class rank than you (President or something) that would just be too stupid, I really hope this doesn't happen

I'm guessing that you still have to make money the old way. YAY!! Actually, I'm bored of collecting fruits, but I'd rather have something that works than something that makes nearly no sense at all.

I wouldn't like being payed for mayor. It would be more like a job. I love selling fruit, fossils & fish for muh bells!

I'm not saying I don't like the idea of being mayor, I just want to know what else you have to do as mayor,

@Bidoof

I think it's only been confirmed that you can customize your town by putting outdoor furniture or buildings around town. In the Japanese trailer, the secretary says, "Would you like the cafe to be here?" Of course, that's not the exact words, but it's close enough.

@Bidoof

I think it's only been confirmed that you can customize your town by putting outdoor furniture or buildings around town. In the Japanese trailer, the secretary says, "Would you like the cafe to be here?" Of course, that's not the exact words, but it's close enough.

I know all that's been confirmed, does that have anything to do with being mayor, it most likely does. I just hope you don't get payed, and I doubt you will. If you do it will more than likely ruin the game for me,

Back