• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Town Name Idea Thread

In my eyes, it depends on your interests! ♪ For example, for video-game fans, you could name it a fictional place in a video-game that you like, perhaps one of these:

Albion
Eternia
Gaia
Lake Hylia
Hyrule
Termina, etc.

But on the other hand, if you're interested in nature and the world, like me, then you could name it after real places, like these:

Manhattan
Japan
Korea
New York
Mexico, etc.

The possibilities are endless! My town name is Tokyo, if any wants to use that. It's a bit overrated, to me, so I might rebuild my town.

Reset my game not too long ago, I named my town Old Bell.
Town names are so personal, I feel. Personally I always make mine up!

Reset my game not too long ago, I named my town Old Bell.
Town names are so personal, I feel. Personally I always make mine up!

Its true!! If you make yours up you feel so much special like that name is one of a kind.
I named mine Andromea. Dunno if anyone else named it and I dont know where I got the idea from. I think it was inspired by Greek Goddesses/Gods...

How about Kindom or Perfect?Mine is Junko i just made it up but I just found out it was Japanese lol!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry for the misspelling of kingdom!

Try to find the Latin translation for a word you find meaning full. You can use that word straight away or add a syllable to give a nice ring to the word. It'll lose it's translation but you'll have a town name with a nice meaning, or reference if you will. :)

Last edited:
I like to name my towns Japanese names [WW= chisana usagi ちさなうさぎ NL = mujimoso むじもそ]

You can name your town after what species of animal your after like;
Squirrelsville
Cathi
Bunnlandia

After a lot of resetting, I've gone through about four town names. Mordor, Galbadia, Bran Bal, and Sunleth.

I finally stuck with Sunleth because I sounds pleasant. The Sunleth Waterscape was also my favorite zone in FFXIII and FFXIII-2. :D

I'm really into Harry Potter, so my current town is Hogwarts. But I've had Hogsmeade, Diagon (Alley), and even Panem (the Hunger Games) in the other versions of AC before!

I'm going to be making a new town when my friend Frankie buys his own 3ds, so he'll keep our old town on his after we transfer the data. I'm a huge Futurama fan and seeing as how all of the other town names I've picked didn't fit, I decided on Thuban 9. There will be cat face-boards everywhere, lol. ^^ I'm probably the only one to use it.

I wanted ? original name, ? name that reminded me of the swedish most remote villages up north. It became Knytteby. "By" is swedish for small village and "knytt" are a creature of swedish folklore and are easiest described as ? small childlike troll,elf,goblin or fairy who are more the type doing miscieves than being evil. They are spirutual creatures of the forrest.

I just finished Pokemon X and am looking to reset my town again. I can't decide between:

Limerick (The town name I have now)
Laverre (My favourite town in Pokemon X, a little tribute)
Marzipan (It's just so adorable)

I wanted something unique and celestial inspired so I named my town Lunetta which is an Italian name meaning "little moon" :)

I take family names. Roseberg - my ggrandmother Rose
Wolfberg - surname Wolf
Maeville - grandmother was named Mae

I am into genealogy and my ancestors! :) I find this a nice way to honour them. I also name my mayors after them.

I just finished Pokemon X and am looking to reset my town again. I can't decide between:

Ooo I like Laverre, and the fact that it's linked to Pokemon. However I can definitely agree that Marzipan is insanely adorable.

my town name is keroppi.
really wished i named it parfait tho. :c

- - - Post Merge - - -

i really like laverre!

I named my town Pigfarts.
Its an inside joke from a fandom I'm a part of (Pigfarts is a parody of Hogwarts), so if you have any inside jokes or something that could apply, I'd suggest doing that for your town name. It just makes it that much more meaningful to you.

I named my town MapleBay....BECAUSE I LOVE THE FALL TIME too pretty...

Thanks to those who helped. I named my town Marzipan eventually (I couldn't resist) But in future I decided to make a character named Laverre in honour since I couldn't leave it behind. Thanks!

Back