• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
ACNL.png

*~The game will be released early 2013 in America and Europe~*

http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/39828209142/animal-crossing-new-leaf-guides-and-informationhttp://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/39828209142/animal-crossing-new-leaf-guides-and-information

Quick Links!
Temporary Links!

Livestreams!
Please note this is a very brief summary of the information in the game, if you think anything needs to be added (or you find another regularly done livestream) send me a PM and i'll do my best to add it.

• Most NCP's return
  • Event items (like spooky and jingle furniture) are now sold at Timmy/Tommy's store, but their respective NCP is still in the game
  • You will be mayor
    - your first duty as mayor will be to plant a tree, which will grow as your progress as mayor
  • You will start off with minimal stores in the game but as you progress more will open (Shoe Shank, Club 444, Police Station, Cafe etc)
    - K.K. works as a DJ on every night but Saturday, where he will be acoustic K.K. and give you his music
    - you can also get a job working part-time at the Cafe
  • Animal Tracks seems to be gone (Awaiting confirmation)
  • ]More types of flowers and the game now includes bushes
  • Can share designs via QR codes
  • Play Coins can buy fortune cookies which can be exchanged for Nintendo items
  • Gems are now in the game
  • Can access your entire wardrobe via the train station when in another persons town
  • Items obtained on the island can be transferred back to your town via BOX
  • Laws exist (Beautiful, Rich, Early, and Late Village), which will change how your town behaves, it costs 20,000 bells to set a law (can be changed for another 20,000) - though you need 100 mayor points to do this
    - mayor points are obtained by taking care of your town/villagers (ie; watering flowers, doing chores for neighbours etc(
  • Most buildings within the town are customizable
  • The island has mini games where you win tokens, which can be exchanged for island themed items
  • Music changes depending on the season
  • A new tool (megaphone) has been added, which helps finding villagers
  • You can change your eye color with regular visits to Shampoodle
  • You can place items around town for Bells
    - including benches, topiaries, bridges, street lights etc...
    - some items may have limits to how many you can place (maximum of 3 bridges)

Last edited:
Personally, I think the new dog character on the end of the confirmed characters' section is the rumoured 'eager secretary' :)

That actually sounds plausible. I will edit this to the first post.

The theme for this Animal Crossing game is going to be weird. What with being the mayor and possibly having a secretary and all that. The music is also really island–like.

Hasn't it been confirmed there will be more NPC's cause of the "Eager Secretary"?

Since this was announced back in E3 2010, and again today at E3 2011, this is the official thread. It will be posted with confirmations, rumors, videos and images.

Stuff that has been confirmed
  • You will be the Mayor

Am I missing something?

Gosh, the 3D trailer from the eShop looks beautiful. :3

Have they ever even update the Gyroid collection in the series? I never really payed attention to those things. Always just kinda dug them up and if I didn't like it I'd sell it.
Though ever since the Note Blocks in Minecraft I've been kinda fascinated by composing music with things.

I never bothered to keep them. :/ I usually just leave them in the recycling bin.

I sell them, It would be nice if they actually had a use (was hoping for a museum exhibit for city folk)

In the new trailer i saw the Jack-in-the-box item on the mushroom table which means the return of the Halloween event im hoping :D

This is probably something most of you knew already, but if you download the E3 video off of the shop for free you can see how the 3D is in the game. Not to impressive but the chat boxes are cool in 3D. Unless I'm wrong and I just need to shut up in which case I'll do tha...

All over the internet, I've been seeing 'YOU CAN NOW LIVE IN A TENT? THAT'S A MAILBOX IN FRONT OF IT, RIGHT?' when I was positive all I saw in front of the tent was some form of decoration, or a panel that would read the name of the animal living there..

ANYWAY, if you go to 1:25 on the AC:3DS trailer (I'm not sure if I'm repeating the obvious - or if this has been spoken about by others.. ) in the background, there's a house with the red mailbox players have in front of their houses in the previous AC games. The house looks like a BIG change from the usual shown in the other AC games, but I personally think it looks epic :D

Jesus I am super excited for this. It looks like they really stepped the game up from the previous games. Color me impressed.

Oh and according to IGN or something, the game will be released 8/2/11

Last edited:
Back