• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mare a new town, woot!

Might have a poll to choose my next tumblr url.

But, might also ask here, you guys prefer the name countingmareep or mareepmayor?

My mayor is named Mareep and town Ampharos.

I was traditionally opposed to this when I created StarFall, but nearly almost 3 years after I created it, I finally got T&T Emporium.

But I prefer to keep the Nookling Store in MoonGlow locked on T&T Mart. If you visit my town, please do not buy or sell in T&T Mart or the Garden Shop. I want to keep the longer shop hours in my town.

Mare a new town, woot!

Might have a poll to choose my next tumblr url.

But, might also ask here, you guys prefer the name countingmareep or mareepmayor?

My mayor is named Mareep and town Ampharos.

Personally I like countingmareep better. :>

I remember when the TBT to IGB exchange rate used to be controversial. Back when ACNL came out, it was 100,000 Bells for 100 TBT Bells. Now it's 20 million Bells per 100 TBT Bells, and people aren't complaining about it.

If you want to know why it's that high now, it's because of how many IGB there is. Inflation is a natural process. Not only that, but when you pay all of your debts and get the PWPs you want, there's nothing else you could spend IGB on. So the value goes down as the value of TBT bells goes up.

If you want to know why it was a big deal a while ago while it's no longer a big deal today, it would have to be two reasons. One of them was that it was increasing at the time. Today, it stopped. The other reason has to be the collectible craze. Today, collectibles aren't as valuable as they used to be, mainly because of how they lost their rarity.

I remember when the TBT to IGB exchange rate used to be controversial. Back when ACNL came out, it was 100,000 Bells for 100 TBT Bells. Now it's 20 million Bells per 100 TBT Bells, and people aren't complaining about it.

If you want to know why it's that high now, it's because of how many IGB there is. Inflation is a natural process. Not only that, but when you pay all of your debts and get the PWPs you want, there's nothing else you could spend IGB on. So the value goes down as the value of TBT bells goes up.

If you want to know why it was a big deal a while ago while it's no longer a big deal today, it would have to be two reasons. One of them was that it was increasing at the time. Today, it stopped. The other reason has to be the collectible craze. Today, collectibles aren't as valuable as they used to be, mainly because of how they lost their rarity.

I still think it's crazy that it takes 20 million IGB to get 100 TBT. I don't want to get in trouble or anything, but it was IMPOSSIBLE for be to get IGB until I met someone who hacked the game and got it for me. Right now I only have 25 million IGB in my back on ACNL, even with said hack.Before I was only getting like 300k at a time and all of that was going towards my house. I had my old town for a little over a year before it corrupted and i NEVER payed off my house because of how difficult it was to get IGB for me.

That inflation rate is part of the thing that turns me off of buying things with TBT at all.

I still think it's crazy that it takes 20 million IGB to get 100 TBT. I don't want to get in trouble or anything, but it was IMPOSSIBLE for be to get IGB until I met someone who hacked the game and got it for me. Right now I only have 25 million IGB in my back on ACNL, even with said hack.Before I was only getting like 300k at a time and all of that was going towards my house. I had my old town for a little over a year before it corrupted and i NEVER payed off my house because of how difficult it was to get IGB for me.

That inflation rate is part of the thing that turns me off of buying things with TBT at all.

Yeah, 100,000 IGB per 100 TBT is pretty reasonable compared to our current exchange rate, but this is no longer the case due to how many IGB there is.

Bur if you want to know what else makes the exchange rate a problem, part of the blame goes to Nintendo, but it's forgivable. One thing that remains unchanged from the GameCube Version that needs to change is the wallet size. We still were stuck with a wallet size of 99,999 Bells. If it goes up to 999,999 Bells (as 999,000 Bell bags are the biggest), then trading millions of Bells over the wi-fi wouldn't be a problem. But at 99,999 as the wallet size, it makes trading much longer.

Nyan nyan nyan.

Guess who (finally) got a Japanese 3ds LL, that Persona Q one. Pok?mon Sun on the way hopefully : >

You? Was it you that got it, Jun?

yesh. hopefully having a better time with that.. my old fire emblem: awakening 3ds xl was pretty much broke since it literally froze on every game i played. even sent it in to nintendo and they claimed it was "fine".. no no no.

also been a bit of a dream to have a japanese one tbh. i remember when monster hunter 3-g was out in japan, and that white OG 3ds with the red crest.. dang man.

yesh. hopefully having a better time with that.. my old fire emblem: awakening 3ds xl was pretty much broke since it literally froze on every game i played. even sent it in to nintendo and they claimed it was "fine".. no no no.

also been a bit of a dream to have a japanese one tbh. i remember when monster hunter 3-g was out in japan, and that white OG 3ds with the red crest.. dang man.

By the way, what do you think of my new username? I was once Apple2012.

I'm strugglin without one of my prescriptions.. i cant get it refilled until tomorrow :/

Downside of being an open-minded music freak? You'll never have enough space on your computer.:(

Last edited:
Downside of being an open-minded music freak? You'll never have enough space on your computer.:(

Get an USB stick or an external drive man.

I can't say I'm too open-minded since a lot both today (and somewhat back then as well) are trash but eh as long as it's what I usually listen to and my ears like it I'm fine I guess.

Here's today's lesson on renewable resources and non-renewable resources from Mr. Alolan_Apples:

Creativity is a renewable resource. Once you run out of ideas or use up one of your ideas, you can always come up with more for later.

Originality is a non-renewable resource. Once an idea is taken, it's taken forever, and when all ideas are used up, there's nothing new you can make.

Last edited:
When I first took that personality test I got ISFP, then when I took it again a few years later I got ESFP but now that I actually took it on 16personalities this time I got ENFP. Wild.

Though ENFP actually sounds more like me than the other two. :lemon:

When I first took that personality test I got ISFP, then when I took it again a few years later I got ESFP but now that I actually took it on 16personalities this time I got ENFP. Wild.

Though ENFP actually sounds more like me than the other two. :lemon:

I'm usually INTP but the last two are always really close so sometimes I'm INTJ or INFP or INFP. Kinda interesting how yours was a reverse of the first two. Do you usually get close to 50% on those scores? Also you definitely struck me as an introvert (but I think everyone who frequents forums are introverts lol)

I'm usually INTP but the last two are always really close so sometimes I'm INTJ or INFP or INFP. Kinda interesting how yours was a reverse of the first two. Do you usually get close to 50% on those scores? Also you definitely struck me as an introvert (but I think everyone who frequents forums are introverts lol)

I don't remember what the percentages of the first two were, (I really should've screen capped those, tbh.) but the percentage for my current one are like 80s with one being 70 something.

And yeah, I might be either an ambivert or a shy extrovert but definitely not an introvert. :>

Also, spellcheck doesn't seem to think ambivert is a word...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back