• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't you have both e and ?/` button? weird keyboard...

also yeah good for switch i guess but ya not gonna pay to use internet on it anyways

lol looking for a "`" key made me try a bunch of stuff again and I finally found a way to do it, convoluted af but it works!

? :cool:

& Ugh ikr, I recently found out about the paid internet thing too :/ I'd still get it for Pok?mon anyway, I can go back to playing it without internet, I did it for like 17 years hahah

Last edited:
lol looking for a "`" key made me try a bunch of stuff again and I finally found a way to do it, convoluted af but it works!

? :cool:

& Ugh ikr, I recently found out about the paid internet thing too :/ I'd still get it for Pok?mon anyway, I can go back to playing it without internet, I did it for like 17 years hahah

Yeah although the only fun withlike 3-4 last gens was WT so it'd take away the only thing I did lol.

Oh well, as long as they don't make it so hardcore and competitive as the Ultra games I'm at least somewhat less skeptical I guess.

Gamefaqs is an elitist cesspool, at least when it comes to Pok?mon and Fire Emblem Heroes.. probably more.

Not just elitists, but if you think fansite trolls are just as bad as average school bullies, the trolls on the Pokemon boards on GameFAQs are on par with the Nazi regime. And I'm not even counting the Nazis that opposed Hitler and his plans when I make this comparison. And they dominate the Pokemon boards so much that if you use them, and do not have the mentality of a Nazi, then you are a diamond in the rough.

Not just elitists, but if you think fansite trolls are just as bad as average school bullies, the trolls on the Pokemon boards on GameFAQs are on par with the Nazi regime. And I'm not even counting the Nazis that opposed Hitler and his plans when I make this comparison. And they dominate the Pokemon boards so much that if you use them, and do not have the mentality of a Nazi, then you are a diamond in the rough.

Nah they are worse than bullies and count everything according to Smogon and doesn't even bother to be nice, so yeah I definitely see where you are coming from.

I don't know if you ever played Fire Emblem Heroes on your phone, but yeah stay away from that board, egh.

I've honestly had bad experiences on those forums because if you say "this is a good Pok?mon moveset" and it isn't to them, expect to be flamed and criticised.

I've honestly had bad experiences on those forums because if you say "this is a good Pok?mon moveset" and it isn't to them, expect to be flamed and criticised.

basically yeah unless you agree with all the elitists (and smogon etc.) you're **** to them

Smogon isn't even a reliable source for Pokemon. Comparing Smogon to stuff like Serebii and offline (yet public) tournaments is like comparing Breitbart to Wall Street Journal.

Not to mention, but if there's anyrhing I learned in the latest Pokemon movie, you shouldn't fully rely on strength to win. You should care for your Pokemon, be more loving of them. Even good base stats don't guarantee a win. There's actually a video where Magikarp beats every good legendary Pokemon. Of course, Glaceon is a terrible Pokemon competitively, but under the right conditions and enough caring would make Glaceon a winner more than half the time.

Yeah, Smogon is an elitist cesspool for bad egg competition people basically.

And yeah of course you need to look at other things other than strength status and such, but yeah I def. disliked the direction Pok?mon took with USUM.

Right now, if it gets 8 degrees hotter (Fahrenheit), it will be 70?F, which is warm.

But it's gonna snow tonight, and I better expect a 15?F minimum pretty soon.

Right now, if it gets 8 degrees hotter (Fahrenheit), it will be 70?F, which is warm.

But it's gonna snow tonight, and I better expect a 15?F minimum pretty soon.

Holy crap that is warm! It's 23? here but it says it feels like 12?. Maybe you could send some warm weather my way? :rolleyes:

Stuck on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Can't seem to make it past the fourth boss...my bomb sled always overheats or something and I end up losing!

Yep, it snowed in my home town. And this is a city in Texas I'm talking about.

It's supposed to be the first day of class, but now it is cancelled.

Last edited:
Stuck on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Can't seem to make it past the fourth boss...my bomb sled always overheats or something and I end up losing!

Probably better than anything I could do.. I can't control that game 5lyf.

I got that game on release day and still haven't finished it :[ I got to the last level and then just stopped playing for like a year, so I started a new game next time I picked it up because I forgot everything - got to the last level again, and stopped playing again LOL ugh. I'll see the end of it someday. It's a good game even though it's not like the Gamecube one.

I was browsing lists of the most evil people in history. You wouldn't be surprised to see Adolf Hitler, Ghengis Khan, Joseph Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, or Saddam Hussein on these lists, but here are some people that should also qualify at that league that I don't see anywhere:

1. Hugo Chavez
2. Kim Jong Un
3. Fred Phelps
4. Christopher Columbus
5. Grigori Rasputin (the advisor of Nicholas II in case if you're wondering)

Even if these guys didn't make it to the many lists of most evil people, they do deserve to land on them. George Bush, Barack Obama, and Donald Trump haven't made it this far (hopefully they don't), but they have serious flaws as well.

Trump could easily make it. It's not just about killing people (well he probably did with removing stuff that actually provides life for people) but yeah.

To respond to your comment on Trump, not everyone that are evil has killed people, and not everyone that killed people are evil. Fred Phelps may have not killed, raped, or assaulted anybody, but I consider him to be more evil than several murderers (even worse than the Vegas shooter and OJ Simpson). The fact that he started a hate group and done hateful protests (not to mention, he was anti-semitic) explains why I would put him on league with Hitler and Stalin. But I can't single him out because Shirley Phelps-Roper, and the rest of the group, are just as bad. Even Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell aren't as bad as a murderer many of us don't know if this was the case.

Now I may have confused you when I said "not everyone that killed people are evil". Of course it's a very horrible thing to kill anyone, whether or not it's done directly or indirectly. But the reason why I said that is because some of our presidents that did that (examples: Lyndon B Johnson, Harry S Truman) aren't evil in general. They just did evil things. Not trying to defend their cruel behavior, but I wouldn't consider them to be on par as an average murderer. Nobody is perfect you know.

Never said anyone is perfect, not even Obama. We all make mistakes but thing is you should plan a bit ahead and try doing your best when it comes to promises and what is good to the people. I've not heard of the anti-semitic dude but yeah I can get why he's on your list.

Also wait, Falwell is that the one who ranted about Teletubbies being gay or w/e? lol Okay he's a twerp regardless but ya thought I recognized his name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back