• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I really love filling out dumb insurance papers.. Like how do you even answer on some questions?? Like, when did my asperger/asd begin.. yeah I never got it official until this year so lol...

I'm trying to get more participation for my forum game and thought I'd shamelessly advertise it >.> *cough*

If you have time on your hands or are interested in winning some TBT, please check it out >here<

Thank you for your time :3 *runs*

Today must be a popular day for blogging. I saw four in one day, including mine.

I noticed that out of all the more active members on the forum right now, we had more join in 2015 or 2016 more than any other year. The 2013 community still has a couple prominent ones in trading boards and discussion threads. The 2014 community has shrunk a lot. An administrator and I are the only ones from that class that are keeping it alive right now, but there are more than that.

I noticed that out of all the more active members on the forum right now, we had more join in 2015 or 2016 more than any other year. The 2013 community still has a couple prominent ones in trading boards and discussion threads. The 2014 community has shrunk a lot. An administrator and I are the only ones from that class that are keeping it alive right now, but there are more than that.

That's interesting actually.. I could understand why though since HHD released and ACNL got some updates with welcome amiibos, amiibos, amiibo cards etc.

Cool to see some old-timers still around though.

That's interesting actually.. I could understand why though since HHD released and ACNL got some updates with welcome amiibos, amiibos, amiibo cards etc.

Cool to see some old-timers still around though.

That's true.

The primeval era users, only Jeremy and Justin are still here, and they are administrators.
I don't see any 2007 registree (not even one since I joined), and the only 2006 one I see is Tom.
There are a handful of 2008 registrees left.
And at leaat one of each from 2009, 2010, and 2011.
2012, quite a few, but not much.
The rest, mark the huge majority of active members nowadays. Ever since ACNL came out, this site has gotten extremely active. Even I joined before 2015. But as the game is aging, a couple of 2013 and 2014 registrees have left this forum.

To be honest, I felt that most of the 2014 community has been rough and rude, and caused a whole lot of drama from this site. Ever since most of them left, the site started to be a lot nicer and not as bad as it used to be. I think collectibles have kinda spoiled them more than it did to the 2013 community and 2015 community.

Yeah there are probably someone 2007 left, I dunno since I can't be bothered to look though everyone but ya.

You're kinda right about that collectible thing though, when i joined I had like no idea abut collectibles (kinda ironic since the Pok?ball came out then due to XY lol) but since I became aware of that I've been trading and selling. But before there were more rare ones I think people was happy with was out.

I hate my room.

Yeah there are probably someone 2007 left, I dunno since I can't be bothered to look though everyone but ya.

You're kinda right about that collectible thing though, when i joined I had like no idea abut collectibles (kinda ironic since the Pok?ball came out then due to XY lol) but since I became aware of that I've been trading and selling. But before there were more rare ones I think people was happy with was out.

Although Justin told us that it started to go to hell when the Pokeball came out in 2013, 2014 was much worse. In fact, I can remember that the collectible craze was so bad that even basic shop collectibles like the chocolate cake was unaffordable to newer members. Prices were unreasonable. It was also so bad that the candies have lost their value after one event. It was so bad that even the Advent Calendar from 2016 did not have those candies available in the raffle.

Although Justin told us that it started to go to hell when the Pokeball came out in 2013, 2014 was much worse. In fact, I can remember that the collectible craze was so bad that even basic shop collectibles like the chocolate cake was unaffordable to newer members. Prices were unreasonable. It was also so bad that the candies have lost their value after one event. It was so bad that even the Advent Calendar from 2016 did not have those candies available in the raffle.

Yeah, one big reason was because you were allowed at the time to sell for RLC game codes and stuff bought with real money, and that drove the prices insane if you couldn't get those game codes/RLC/thing and only had forum bells.

Yeah, I don't care too much about the candies since, well they look cool but hard to match unless you have other spoop collectibles/kapp'n xmas collectibles.

To be honest, I felt that most of the 2014 community has been rough and rude, and caused a whole lot of drama from this site. Ever since most of them left, the site started to be a lot nicer and not as bad as it used to be

Not true, Im still here lol j/k...I just noticed I registered in 2014 but I have been active on the site only in 2017....I don't know why I waited..its very fun here!

Not true, Im still here lol j/k...I just noticed I registered in 2014 but I have been active on the site only in 2017....I don't know why I waited..its very fun here!

Yeah, I see that. But compared to the other years of registration, 2014 is the quietest now. And yes, I know not everybody that are in a particular group are a disgrace to this forum or are necessary for the forum. I was pointing out how bad this forum was in late 2014 to early 2015. It was more than just bells and collectibles. The AC trading boards were trash. The Ferguson discussion thread was the most uncivil political discussion on this forum, ever. The What's Bothering You thread exploded into a huge argument to where they closed it for good (and opened a new one). Even a couple of members quit this forum because of how mean or rude some members were. It was everywhere, not just collectibles. But now that cleaned up, and since we have better moderators than then, this site was not as bad as it used to be. In addition, I noticed that most of the 2014 members are either gone or have improved.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, one big reason was because you were allowed at the time to sell for RLC game codes and stuff bought with real money, and that drove the prices insane if you couldn't get those game codes/RLC/thing and only had forum bells.

Yeah, I don't care too much about the candies since, well they look cool but hard to match unless you have other spoop collectibles/kapp'n xmas collectibles.

I totally forgot about the Club Nintendo marketplace and TBT trading for codes. Yeah, since they disabled that and gotten less vague about it over time, it started to slow down the marketplace.

And let's not forget the biggest setback on the site's currency - the fines over the username change glitch. Because of that and the disabling of welcome bells, the craze started to die down a lot.

Last edited:
Yeah those allowed RL trade most certainly drove the market insane and since that was before my nintendo that is on now; if you didn't have access to CN as it was then (like me) you were done for.

Yeah I got in that debt because I abused it once but I'm cool man.

As I'm trying to cut back on fast foods, here are some details:

- I will tolerate Chick-fil-a and most of Subway's menu
- I will not get anything at McDonald's besides their drinks
- I will not get anything from any other fast food restaurant unless if I'm out of town
- Restaurants (such as IHOP and Red Lobster) are exempt, but I would only go there rarely

After having so much fast food within the past few years, I'm kinda getting sick of it. I would have to stick to homemade meals, but if I want to eat out, it will be at a sit-down restaurant. Not just the food is better, but also the experience and the design.

As I'm trying to cut back on fast foods, here are some details:

- I will tolerate Chick-fil-a and most of Subway's menu
- I will not get anything at McDonald's besides their drinks
- I will not get anything from any other fast food restaurant unless if I'm out of town
- Restaurants (such as IHOP and Red Lobster) are exempt, but I would only go there rarely

After having so much fast food within the past few years, I'm kinda getting sick of it. I would have to stick to homemade meals, but if I want to eat out, it will be at a sit-down restaurant. Not just the food is better, but also the experience and the design.

It's nice that you're so willing to cut fast food out of your diet. Many people eat fast food on a daily basis, sometimes several times a day, but they need to know that not only is that completely unnecessary, but it's also very unhealthy.

The way I see it is, fast food is exactly what it sounds like it is: food that's made quickly so you can grab a bite to eat when you need it now. I usually only go to eat fast food if I'm on a tight schedule and I need something to eat and don't have time to wait. An exception would be if I'm on a very strict budget and only have a few dollars to spend on food. I don't eat fast food like it's a regular meal, because that's very unhealthy, and since most fast food is just junk food, it doesn't keep you full for very long unless you eat hundreds, maybe even thousands of calories.

There's no way I could give up fast food-I really like McD's McMuffins, Wendy's crispy chicken, and Taco Bell's quesaritos- but there's also no way I could just live off of that stuff. Too much junk food.(though I will admit that I eat junk food a lot so that's prob not a good thing.)

I do NOT know what to do w/ myself!

It's nice that you're so willing to cut fast food out of your diet. Many people eat fast food on a daily basis, sometimes several times a day, but they need to know that not only is that completely unnecessary, but it's also very unhealthy.

The way I see it is, fast food is exactly what it sounds like it is: food that's made quickly so you can grab a bite to eat when you need it now. I usually only go to eat fast food if I'm on a tight schedule and I need something to eat and don't have time to wait. An exception would be if I'm on a very strict budget and only have a few dollars to spend on food. I don't eat fast food like it's a regular meal, because that's very unhealthy, and since most fast food is just junk food, it doesn't keep you full for very long unless you eat hundreds, maybe even thousands of calories.

There's no way I could give up fast food-I really like McD's McMuffins, Wendy's crispy chicken, and Taco Bell's quesaritos- but there's also no way I could just live off of that stuff. Too much junk food.(though I will admit that I eat junk food a lot so that's prob not a good thing.)

Restaurants are even worse when it comes to healthy eating, but even I don't go there as much.

It is possible to eat fast food every day and lose weight without losing muscle. It depends on what you eat. Chick-fil-a is usually healthy. Even their breaded chicken is better than McDonald's chicken nuggets, but the grilled chicken is better for you. Just watch out for the fries. They can ruin your meal. Subway is good, but there are some items on the menu (including meatball marinara) that are bad for you. But it's not recommended that you eat fast food everyday, regardless of eating choices. The healthier ones are more expensive, and spending too much can make you run out very easily.

Last edited:
McD is the worst to be honest, I only go there if I really have to and I'm broke. Their food is so sloppy.

Also this store can go grab its butt because they can't process an order smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back