General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a difference between sequels of live action films and sequels of animated films:

For live action films, each new entry follows the same standard of the previous one, but focuses on a completely different storyline.

For animated films, the next entry tries to be more epic or more exciting than the previous one as it has a different story.

I don't know these are 100% true, but it was true about Shrek. They tried to be more epic in 2 and 3 than in the first movie, but ultimately turned out to be huge disappointments. Unlike most ogres, Shrek is rather a nice guy who wants privacy, but if there's anything that makes him worse than other ogres, it would have to be the sequels.

I was reading more about California's ban on state funded travel to states they find "discriminatory" and how they updated the list of states they banned travel, and here's what I learned:

• California's ban on state-funded travel to some states is highly hypocritical. They claim that these states are allowing or enforcing discrimination, yet what the government is doing is discrimination. They are engaging in political discrimination against states that passed more conservative laws.
  • The ban is also hypocritical for another reason. They sued the federal government over their refugee ban, yet they didn't want their state employees traveling to the states they find discriminatory. Adding insult to injury, the refugees that Trump blocked from entering came from nations with extremely harsh anti-LGBT laws, yet they put travel bans on states that allowed LGBT discriminations for religious reasons than hate-filled reasons. I don't support what Texas did that CA put a travel ban on, but California was very wrong to ban state-funded travel anyway.
  • The North Carolina ban seems to be a permanent boycott rather than something that's forcing them to repeal the bathroom laws. Even though the discriminatory bathroom law in North Carolina is finally gone, CA is highly reluctant to removing the state from its travel ban list. I'm guessing that forgiveness is forbidden in the CA government.
  • The state government blatantly cares what other states do. My advice here is that unless if it affects you or tourists, other states' domestic policy is none of your business. I know that North Carolina was affecting tourists for their anti-LGBT bill, but not the other seven states.
  • Banning state-funded travel will not affect the state government thet passed the discrimimatory law, but it will have negative side effects on other groups like college sports.
I know we were done with politics after the election, but CA's travel ban to Texas is quite new, and I want to share some thoughts.

I never been the first customer to a restaurant before in a day. Today is the first day that I was the first customer at a restaurant for the day. I'm very lucky!

^I hope you are successful! I'll be getting some more shirts myself.

^I hope you are successful! I'll be getting some more shirts myself.

Thanks ^^ Might wait 'til after 4th of July now though.. dang all these cray holidays, or just place on on Monday and hope they can do it... Have fun c:

o0VYRh3.png

Testing screenshots for both screens.

Also, changed my custom theme again! Nostalgia trip. One of my top five favourite video games of all time, probably.

^nice one!

also ugh these shirts can they just arrange the shipping i don't mind paying a bit more...

I wonder how Callaway (one of the members on TBT) is doing. I haven't seen her in a long time. I sent her a message just in case if she comes back, but I haven't gotten a reply.

Last edited:
No idea.. :/ A lot of oldies back from my days are gone.

Also can the US please stop suck when it comes to shipping?

No idea.. :/ A lot of oldies back from my days are gone.

Also can the US please stop suck when it comes to shipping?

Almost every member that were active in 2013 and 2014 are long gone, as well as a handful of 2015 ones. Some users like Miharu now have a really busy life, and most of them are gone because ACNL is over 4 years old. I don't know if it will rebound when the mobile game comes out, but I know the spin-offs and amiibo update didn't let it rebound. I feel that the Welcome amiibo update, amiibo Festival, Happy Home Designer, and City Folk did not have too much of an impact like Wild World and New Leaf did. But when a new game for the Switch comes out, I think it will rebound.

Yeah maybe, if the Switch price will drop. To be honest it's way too expensive here for just that hybrid and not too many unique games around, except for maybe ARMS when it's out here, and probably a few more upcoming things.

But yeah my complaint is that it's pretty hard to find good tie-dye shirts and stores selling them, and if you do they pretty much only ship to the US/Canada unless you request very special treatment from them pretty much and it being expensive. I don't think it's too big where I live either since I haven't seen them around much except for very few "meh" ones.

I've been trying to make a fursona, but can't decide between a monster dog or a dutch angel dragon..

I wish someone can send me 1,600 more TBT. But then again, I shouldn't get it if I don't deserve it.

It's just too bad that most of us don't have 1600 tbt to give out like some do.

I'll probably wait until the TBT Fair if they have one and scalp some collectibles. But the staff would say that the fair is cancelled.

Boy, I am so ready for the TBT Fair. When they make a new announcement for it, the apple tags will spread like apple juice spilled on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back