General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowadays, when I play video games with customizable characters, I always play as a blond (blonde if the character is female). I do like blondes. There are some exceptions though.

Nowadays, when I play video games with customizable characters, I always play as a blond (blonde if the character is female). I do like blondes. There are some exceptions though.

I love blondes too.

Thank God. If people were talking about Obama's supposed "Hope & Change"... I would have gone mental.

Haven't been here in ages...how's everyone doing?

I can't wait until the next site event. I was preparing to make silly apple tags when an event announcement goes up.

This general discussion is as active as any other thread. Maybe even less active.
How's everyone's day been?

Last edited:
Rv27QzW.png

well then

Out of curiosity and boredom, I was counting how many threads on Brewster's Caf? have been locked 100 pages back (assuming that you can only see 20 threads per page). In the past 2,000 non-stickied threads, 143 of them have been locked. 143 threads. Some of them were low-quality threads, some were too inappropriate for the site, but others had different reasons. One of the most common ones were the ones closed due to escalating arguments. Most of them are political threads. I remember back in the first year of my membership, there were only a few political threads. Even fewer political threads were locked. But after looking back in the past 100 pages of threads in Brewster's, I find this very shocking. No offense, but I found more political threads that ended up getting closed due to escalating arguments in the 143 locked threads than total amount of political threads I have even seen on TBT before I left for 10 months.

I'm not trying to start another argument here, and I'm not trying to re-open past drama on the site, but what happened? I expect the site to calm down once I left, and it did, but Brewster's Caf? sure has gotten a lot worse. I know this has been going on for a while, but I seen worse on this site before Brewster's became degenerate.

Out of curiosity and boredom, I was counting how many threads on Brewster's Caf? have been locked 100 pages back (assuming that you can only see 20 threads per page). In the past 2,000 non-stickied threads, 143 of them have been locked. 143 threads. Some of them were low-quality threads, some were too inappropriate for the site, but others had different reasons. One of the most common ones were the ones closed due to escalating arguments. Most of them are political threads. I remember back in the first year of my membership, there were only a few political threads. Even fewer political threads were locked. But after looking back in the past 100 pages of threads in Brewster's, I find this very shocking. No offense, but I found more political threads that ended up getting closed due to escalating arguments in the 143 locked threads than total amount of political threads I have even seen on TBT before I left for 10 months.

I'm not trying to start another argument here, and I'm not trying to re-open past drama on the site, but what happened? I expect the site to calm down once I left, and it did, but Brewster's Caf? sure has gotten a lot worse. I know this has been going on for a while, but I seen worse on this site before Brewster's became degenerate.

Political threads are dead. No one see's a point in posting them anymore. I haven't seen one in a solid week or two. Admins cracked down on the 'escalating arguments' thing.

Political threads are dead. No one see's a point in posting them anymore. I haven't seen one in a solid week or two. Admins cracked down on the 'escalating arguments' thing.

I think that's actually a good thing that political threads are already dying off. I think one reason why is because Trump is doing so much stuff (while the media is reporting too much stuff) to where it's hard to pay attention anymore. It wouldn't be worth discussing everything he does. Even the major reports aren't worth discussing. He's doing so much that we don't even care what the media says.

With fewer political discussions, I think this forum should clear up. After all, the election is over, Trump has already sworn in, Congress 115 already began a while ago, and everything the news is gonna say has already been talked about several times. I say it's time to give it a break. I understand why we had so many of these as I wouldn't give the community of this site the full blame, but I don't want TBT involved in this kind of drama either.

Another thing I'm glad to finally see die down - the Harambe memes. I am getting sick of these memes. They were overdone much more than the Rickroll meme was. Like I said in the unpopular opinions thread, trends like this get really big so fast, but are short-lived. It's like a light bulb on with full power if the light bulb was never turned off.

well when its the same people responding and getting into arguments in those threads, eventually they are gonna tire out from it, especially when its not so much conversations with open minded people, but groups of people yelling at each other.

Harambe memes were quality, may he rest in peace, but his memory will never be forgotten. I can't look at a gorilla without making Harambe jokes.

well when its the same people responding and getting into arguments in those threads, eventually they are gonna tire out from it, especially when its not so much conversations with open minded people, but groups of people yelling at each other.

This is pretty much it. They almost entirely consisted of people who were dead set on their sides of the political spectrum and became shouting matches rather than actual discussions. I'm glad people got over them, seeing such threads so frequently got really old. Guessing the shock of Trump being president has worn off and people have more or less stopped kicking and screaming by now. Good, it solved nothing.

It is true that when it's the same people arguing or causing drama all the time, it eventually gets boring to the point where people lose interest. It usually takes like one to five users to completely ruin a thread due to arguments and WHAM! The thread gets locked.

There was actually a time when the site used to be a lot worse. Even during the 2016 Election when people were having a meltdown in response to the election, the site was no worse than it was in 2014 to 2015 (especially the first half of 2015). I already mentioned the details on the Information Desk yesterday, but it was a time when there was more fighting (even worse than you see on the political discussions), people were more spoiled about virtual items, and when a couple members left the site due to bullies. Thankfully, those days are over, which is why I believe the site calmed down.

I just sold my chocolate cake in an auction. For the first time since December of 2014, my inventory is free from a chocolate cake collectible. Not once have I been chocolate cake-less since that very day. It was a nice 26 months of ownership before it's time to move on.

I remember when I first joined this site, there was nothing I wanted more than a chocolate cake collectible. But now, I have very little interest into owning collectibles. Other than trophies, animated collectibles, and the TBT Fair rainbow feather, I'm not interested into taking or owning collectibles that aren't apples, tulips, or birthstones, as I would never sell apples, tulips, or birthstones either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back