• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
SM64 is an awesome game.

And I will agree that the Galaxy games are very easy. I think they were going for a more casual approach with them.

I hope Super Mario Odyssey isn't going to be as ridiculously easy like what they did to Super Mario Galaxy. Not only that, but the worlds in SMG were poorly designed. When I played it, I was disappointed. SMO has better looking worlds anyway. Because of how easy and linear the Galaxy series is, how the 3D Series became more like NSMB, and how SM64 seems outdated based on mechanics, I'm sticking with Sunshine until SMO comes out.

Thank guys, loving me shirt! The stained glass swirly one look so cool :D Hope the crackle earth one look as cool on me heh ;D

mind helping me? just make this into a flag and give me qr. thanks! SvgFileServiced=1&c1=1&c2=1&c3=5&o=2&c4=6&s=16&c5=3%20(2).jpg

I have decided that if I had to choose what console is better between the N64 and the GameCube, I'm going with the GameCube. The N64 and GameCube may fight with each other on what had a better library, but the GameCube had better hardware, even if the N64 used cartridges. In terms of library:

- Super Mario Sunshine > Super Mario 64
- Smash Bros Melee > Smash Bros 64
- Donkey Kong Jungle Beat > Donkey Kong 64
- Mario Kart 64 had better tracks, but Mario Kart Double Dash had a more interesting gameplay.
- The GameCube had more Mario Party titles, probably better than 1-3.
- The GameCube had Luigi's Mansion and the original Animal Crossing.
- The N64 Zelda games were better, but at least you can play them on the GameCube too (through some way).

The only times I give the N64 more credits than the GameCube:

- Better Pokemon Spin-offs. The Stadium Series on the N64 were better than the Colosseum Series
- Had Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
- Paper Mario had better sidekicks

MK 64, best mario kart. Sure that GC DD!! fad was fun but it's a bit repetitive and the tracks weren't that fun unless you grinded Baby park for hours lol.

I am NOT looking forward to going to the dentist.

MK 64, best mario kart. Sure that GC DD!! fad was fun but it's a bit repetitive and the tracks weren't that fun unless you grinded Baby park for hours lol.

MK64 is a hard game to return to after years of much prettier graphics and mechanics

Why is everyone obsessed w/ memes?

So I was doing some mathematical calculations on what the best Pokemon type is exclusively by type effectiveness, and here is what I learned from my calculations:

• Based on balance of both offense and defense, Fairy appears to be the best type. It is in the top four in both offense and defense. Grass is dead last.
  • Rock, Ice, Ground, Flying, and Psychic may be very good types in attacking (especially Ice due to its super-effectiveness against many Pokemon), but they are bad for defense (save for flying).
  • Steel, Ghost, Poison, Electric, and Normal are way better off as defense types than offense types, but Steel and Ghost are straight in the middle on offense.
  • The top four types for offense are Rock, Flying, Ice, and Fairy. The worst are Normal, Poison, Grass, and Bug.
  • The top four types for defense are Steel, Ghost, Fairy, and Fire. The worst are Ice, Rock, Grass, and Psychic.

I'm still working on calculations, but I pretty much got the Type Effectiveness part finished.

Tired as hell....need to go to bed soon.

Haha, that's literally me every night.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? WE'RE ALREADY CLEAN! SCRUB, SCRUB, SCRUB 'TIL THE WATER'S BROWN.
TIME IS A RULER TO MEASURE THE DAY...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back