• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said anyone is perfect, not even Obama. We all make mistakes but thing is you should plan a bit ahead and try doing your best when it comes to promises and what is good to the people. I've not heard of the anti-semitic dude but yeah I can get why he's on your list.

Also wait, Falwell is that the one who ranted about Teletubbies being gay or w/e? lol Okay he's a twerp regardless but ya thought I recognized his name?

I got that game on release day and still haven't finished it :[ I got to the last level and then just stopped playing for like a year, so I started a new game next time I picked it up because I forgot everything - got to the last level again, and stopped playing again LOL ugh. I'll see the end of it someday. It's a good game even though it's not like the Gamecube one.

I have finished the game through to the ending, and I actually started playing it again (but I stopped at Old Clockworks because of my knee surgery).

The end is pretty good. It's nice to see all the ghosts go back to normal after they rebuild the dark moon :)

Never said anyone is perfect, not even Obama. We all make mistakes but thing is you should plan a bit ahead and try doing your best when it comes to promises and what is good to the people. I've not heard of the anti-semitic dude but yeah I can get why he's on your list.
It's not just anti-semitic. He was homophobic. He was the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church. And those hateful protests I was talking about, this was the man that picked funerals, of gays, soldiers, and celebrities. As much as I thought national anthem protests were disrespectful, picketing a soldier's funeral is much more disrespectful. And he's doing this because America is tolerating LGBT people. That's why I labeled him as one of the most evil people to exist on the Earth.

Also wait, Falwell is that the one who ranted about Teletubbies being gay or w/e? lol Okay he's a twerp regardless but ya thought I recognized his name?
Yes, he was the one that said Tinky-Winky is gay. And Pat Robertson was the one that said Haiti made a pact with the devil. But these guys are just old and senile.

Last edited:
Oh god not the WBC, thought he was something that bad uggh. But yeah all those guys are more or less "old" or senile either way since they can't obviously look to common sense...

The Razzies (worst movie awards) nomimations have been announced. These five movies have been nominated for Worst Picture:

- Baywatch
- The Emoji Movie
- Fifty Shades Darker
- The Mummy
- Transformers: The Last Knight

I have no idea about the first movie, but I'm not surprised about the other four. I'm glad that the Emoji Movie made it there. I never liked the premise of the Emoji Movie ever since I saw a teaser trailer for it. But I didn't realize how bad it really was. To be honest, animation has gotten a lot worse. Fifty Shades Darker, I believe it's related to Fifty Shades of Gray, and somewhat related to Twilight. Fifty Shades of Gray already won Worst Picture, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the sequel get nominated. The Mummy, I knew it would make it there, as it did not live up to the expectations of the 1932 version and the 1999 version. And that last one, I believe is the most likely to win. What stunned me the most was that it took ten years to make five Transformers movies. In that same amount of time, there was a drought in new Toy Story movies.

Which one do you wish wins Worst Picture?

honestly, either baywatch or fifty shades.. baywatch because they tried so bad reviving the 90s series (i don't like that either lol) and it's just another money grab.

fifty shades because yeah the books are the cheesiest thing ever on paper and the movies seem like 100% crap.

and yeah fifty shades was originally a twilight fanfic so yep.

i mean emoji is crap but at least it's better than those two lol

I'm hoping that the Emoji Movie wins, but it's a tough competition, considering that a Michael Bay movie is nominated when he always wins these awards and Fifty Shades Darker when the last one co-won Worst Picture in 2016 (not to mention, but the Mummy reboot when they steered away from the Egyptian theme very well as Brendan Fraiser wasn't in the movie either). It may have escaped a 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes and avoided bombing in the Box Office, but will it dodge winning Worst Picture. It may be safe as long as either Fifty Shades Darker or Transformers 5 is there, but it might be different.

Before the Emoji movie came out, I predicted that it's only going to be as stupid as Shrek 2 (which is a cringeworthy movie to adults, but not deep in the hole), which is okay at best. It had other flaws as well (such as a dumb plot, CGI animation (which is a flaw with Disney's Frozen as well), and bad character design), but those are perfectly normal, and WDAS made movies with the same flaws. But the one thing that bothers me about it is that film producers are losing creativity, and are already trying to base movies off of everything, including what's not worth making a movie out of. Toys, cars, and legos were worth making movies off of, but not trends (such as emojis). But at the same time, I'm thinking that critics were too harsh towards it. They did a good job not pre-releasing the movie for critics so it doesn't get too much criticism so early, but when they released it one day before, BOOM! It got a 0% score in the first 24 to 48 hours, tons of reviews, and a critic consensus. I liked how creative the reviews were, but oh boy. It was very harsh.

One day late, but the Oscars have been announced. The list is too long, so I'm gonna give my takes:

- I'm not surprised that Dunkirk got nominated for Best Picture. From week one since its release, I knew that it will be nominated for Best Picture. Judging by what the Academy picked in the last couple of years, Dunkirk seemed unsurprising that it will be nominated. It's pretty interesting that the film industry is picking somewhat unknown historical events and making movies out of it. I get it that there are too many World War II movies, but Dunkirk isn't one of these WWII events most teachers try to teach students about.
- I'm also not surprised that the live action remake of Beauty and the Beast failed to get nominated for Best Picture. In fact, it didn't get any Oscar nominations this year. While they aren't a stranger to new Star Wars movies as they usually nominate them for scores and editing, they scorn remakes and franchise films. Marvel dominates the box office every year, yet their movies hardly make it to the Academy.
- I sorta agree with whoever said that Coco got snubbed for "Best Picture". It is my favorite movie of 2017. But based on how good of a Pixar movie it is, it's nothing like Toy Story, Wall-E, and Up. It's more like middle-tier by Pixar's standards. However, it did get nominated for "Best Animated Film". It's signature song, Remember Me, got nominated for "Best Original Song". I'd be utterly disappointed if it didn't win "Best Animated Film", but then again, Pixar dominates this category in the Oscars. The only times Pixar's movies lost the Oscars when they got nominated was in 2001 (when Shrek 1 beats Monsters Inc) and in 2006 (when Happy Feet beats Cars). The other years they didn't win since the award was created, they either didn't release a movie that year (2002, 2005, and 2014) or only released a movie that didn't get nominated (2011, 2013, and 2016).
- I didn't think Boss Baby deserved an Oscar nomination, but there are worse that year so that's okay.

I was playing with my calculator app on my iPhone, and here's a discovery I want to share:

The number 1,234,759,680 is the smallest 10-digit number to be divisible by the first ten numbers while none of the digits repeat.

I'm gonna find the other 10-digit numbers divisible by the first 10 numbers where all 10 digits are unique.

I want to play but I'm new. There really isn't a game for new people, right?

Last edited:
I think you guys already know this by now, but once I get back up to 10,000 TBT, I'm not going to spend like crazy again. I broke that promise with the chocolate cakes, but that's because they had some sentimental value to me. But now I'm happy with the collectibles I own.

Speaking of which, I can't believe peaches are now being sold for 150 TBT. I remember selling mine for 4,500 TBT, before the apples were introduced on TBT.

I think you guys already know this by now, but once I get back up to 10,000 TBT, I'm not going to spend like crazy again. I broke that promise with the chocolate cakes, but that's because they had some sentimental value to me. But now I'm happy with the collectibles I own.

Speaking of which, I can't believe peaches are now being sold for 150 TBT. I remember selling mine for 4,500 TBT, before the apples were introduced on TBT.

Lol I'd be lucky to get up to 2000 tbt

And yeah, I remember buying a peach back in June for like 400 tbt. Has the value really gone down that fast?

I never manage to get many good collectibles. Rad feather is my lineups saving grace xD

Lol I'd be lucky to get up to 2000 tbt

And yeah, I remember buying a peach back in June for like 400 tbt. Has the value really gone down that fast?

I haven’t paid too much attention to the TBT Marketplace ever since I sold my extra orange candy to you for 400 TBT. But I think it has devalued that quickly. I was hoping that apples, peaches, and chocolate cakes will increase value again like during the beginning of my membership, but I think that’s more unlikely going to happen than if Lego decides to re-release all of the older Bionicle sets (the ones from 2001 to 2003) or if Texas will get a Disney park.

The TBT Marketplace is getting an increase in Pocket Camp currency threads. I could care less about them, but all I can say is that I have no interest into playing Pocket Camp.

Last edited:
I play Pocket Camp, but yeah I already make so much money and since they are kinda slow with releases I still have like 350k-280k even if I build things, though that is pretty cheap too, so...

And yeah the collectibles market is kinda dead, unless you want something very specific. Or for selling unless you give nice discounts.

Selling collectibles is pretty much the only way I can make TBT. I am a horrible artist, I don?t plan on playing ACNL anytime soon, and I don?t sell Pokemon. Plus, giveaways are hard to win.

I remember when I had a hard time selling a Rad feather for 5,000 TBT. I thought it would be akin to the white feather, but people wouldn?t even want to buy it for 4,000 TBT. I can totally bet that even making 1,000 TBT off of a cheaper TBT Fair collectible is gonna be difficult the next year. Remember when they used to worth 3,000 TBT?

This is why I don?t plan on buying anything after I get back up to 10,000 TBT.

One thing I do plan on doing is participating in the next egg hunt. After understanding the pattern in the clues in recent years, I could get up to 25 eggs, but it could change. Then I could buy the two best eggs and re-sell them, so I could get up to 10,000 TBT again, before the fair.

Last edited:
I'll never get their pattern, I'm too illogical and not so knowledgeable about Nintendo and some threads here soo.. yeah. We'll see if I'm here.

I should probably go to bed but I'm not tired enough yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back