• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

PSN wil be down for a bit.

They already make you pay for some of it. There's the free members and the premium members. You can choose to have a subscription, or you can just have a regular membership. It's been down for a while, now.

They don't make you. It's purely optional. I wouldn't be surprised if it's mandatory in the future...

So guys, I hope you like having to change your passwords and junk. Bad news bros.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/26/sony-says-psn-intrusion-compromised-personal-info-hopes-to-ha/
So, what did the bad guys manage to steal? Uhh ... just about everything, it seems. Here's what's in the definitely jacked column: "name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID." Our takeaway: you'd better start changing passwords if you use the same one frequently. We'll leave the decision on whether or not to pack your bags and move away up to you.

In the possibly jacked column: "profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers." That leaves your credit card information, which ... well, we'll let Sony tell you itself: "If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained." Yikes.

And obviously from the horses mouth:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/

Last edited:
My dad's Credit Card details were on mine...all I can do is sit tight and hope people choose to raid one of the other 77 million cards connected to PSN :S

My dad's Credit Card details were on mine...all I can do is sit tight and hope people choose to raid one of the other 77 million cards connected to PSN :S
well, does he know about this?

my advice is to tell him to take some kind of action towards either changing cards, or amping up security.. just to be on the safe side.

worst happens, banks lose some money.

And this is why I always remove the billing information when I'm done adding credits to my system. If my PSN money is stolen, oh well, it's just around $5 anyways. Not the end of the world.

well, does he know about this?

my advice is to tell him to take some kind of action towards either changing cards, or amping up security.. just to be on the safe side.

worst happens, banks lose some money.

He does, but until they announce that they are 100% certain the details are on the net, may as well wait. They sad they were incripted, so they might not of got hold of them.

Back