• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

PSN wil be down for a bit.

SonicPinhead

Making videos since 2007
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
These are only things I remember, so it may not all be true.

Apparently, Sony is being attacked by hackers, which has caused Sony to close PSN for maintenance. It should be back to normal today or tomorrow. If there's still trouble, it may take longer. If you only have PS3, or use it more than other systems, this is going to be a bad weekend.

When PSN is back online, the Admin(s) and/or Moderators can lock this thread if necessary.

Last edited:
These are only things I remember, so it may not all be true.

Apparently, Sony is being attacked by hackers, which has caused Sony to close PSN for maintenance. It should be back to normal today or tomorrow. If there's still trouble, it may take longer. If you only have PS3, or use it more than other systems, this is going to be a bad weekend.

When PSN is back online, the Admin(s) and/or Moderators can lock this thread if necessary.
I use my PS3 very rarely...
But thanks for the information.

It's been down for over a day, now. Not that I'm complaining. It's given me the chance to finish Fallout 3. <3

B| not to me.
Just seems like PSN has shabby sercurity. Surely people would target Live due to having to pay?

Most likely it was targeted by anonymous or a smaller group due to the geohot thing, or it could be that fact that steamworks was integrated into psn for portal 2 and something went wrong. I dunno

Most likely it was targeted by anonymous or a smaller group due to the geohot thing, or it could be that fact that steamworks was integrated into psn for portal 2 and something went wrong. I dunno

With that being said about Portal, people were already playing it before it went down. By that I mean they were signed in on steam through their ps3 already.

inb4 sony says they'll need to implement a subscription fee for all future online features

reason? blame those awful, no good hackers. scum of the earth, those many who try to do something, themselves.

inb4 sony says they'll need to implement a subscription fee for all future online features

reason? blame those awful, no good hackers. scum of the earth, those many who try to do something, themselves.

I hope not :( I don't have enough money!

They already make you pay for some of it. There's the free members and the premium members. You can choose to have a subscription, or you can just have a regular membership. It's been down for a while, now.

Back