Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: PSN wil be down for a bit.

  1. #1

    PSN wil be down for a bit.

    These are only things I remember, so it may not all be true.

    Apparently, Sony is being attacked by hackers, which has caused Sony to close PSN for maintenance. It should be back to normal today or tomorrow. If there's still trouble, it may take longer. If you only have PS3, or use it more than other systems, this is going to be a bad weekend.

    When PSN is back online, the Admin(s) and/or Moderators can lock this thread if necessary.
    Last edited by SonicPinhead; 04-22-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

    TBT League 2.0 - Water Type Elite Four

  2. #2
    Senior Member JasonBurrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2007
    Posts
    10,231
    Bells
    714
    Tickets
    0
    Items: Yellow Pansy
Gift received at 07-16-2016, 12:32 PM from Hunter x Hunter
Message: hereRed Pansy
Gift received at 07-14-2016, 07:07 PM from Hunter x Hunter
Message: I'm leaving, so you get thisWhite Pansy
Gift received at 07-13-2016, 07:07 PM from Hunter x Hunter
Message: HereWinter Mittens
Gift received at 12-23-2015, 03:39 AM from matt
Message: Happy Christmas, hope there's an amiibo inside this present eh :-PWinter Mittens
Gift received at 12-22-2015, 08:11 PM from Javocado
Message: it ain't NA thoughWinter Mittens
Gift received at 12-18-2015, 03:25 PM from Gracelia
Message: Merry Christmas!User Title ChangeCake
Gift received at 04-11-2012, 08:34 AM from Liv
Message: Happy Birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicPinhead View Post
    These are only things I remember, so it may not all be true.

    Apparently, Sony is being attacked by hackers, which has caused Sony to close PSN for maintenance. It should be back to normal today or tomorrow. If there's still trouble, it may take longer. If you only have PS3, or use it more than other systems, this is going to be a bad weekend.

    When PSN is back online, the Admin(s) and/or Moderators can lock this thread if necessary.
    I use my PS3 very rarely...
    But thanks for the information.

  3. #3
    Danger Zone! Aeri Tyaelaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20, 2010
    Posts
    3,065
    Bells
    311
    Tickets
    0
    3DS
    4184-2071-5237
    Items: January Birthstone (Garnet)Orange (Fruit)Pear (Fruit)December Birthstone (Turquoise)Cake
Gift received at 07-02-2011, 07:27 AM from Slifer Slacker
Message: i felt like you deserve this :DCakeCakeCake
    When isn't it down?

    Y2k virus ftw.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Ricano's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30, 2008
    Posts
    5,666
    Bells
    789
    Tickets
    0
    3DS
    1547-5768-4903
    Items: Pear (Fruit)CakeAvatar AnimationUser Title Color Change
    Yep, sucks. Must be those darn hackers.

  5. #5
    Danger Zone! Aeri Tyaelaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20, 2010
    Posts
    3,065
    Bells
    311
    Tickets
    0
    3DS
    4184-2071-5237
    Items: January Birthstone (Garnet)Orange (Fruit)Pear (Fruit)December Birthstone (Turquoise)Cake
Gift received at 07-02-2011, 07:27 AM from Slifer Slacker
Message: i felt like you deserve this :DCakeCakeCake
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricano View Post
    Yep, sucks. Must be those darn hackers.
    Why is PSN so badly protected from these things? Yet Xbox Live and everything else works FINE?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13, 2009
    Posts
    2,051
    Bells
    87
    Tickets
    0
    3DS
    3909-7722-3008
    Items: CakeどCakeMailboxAvatar Width ExtensionAvatar Animation
    It's been down for over a day, now. Not that I'm complaining. It's given me the chance to finish Fallout 3. <3


  7. #7
    Senior Member Ricano's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30, 2008
    Posts
    5,666
    Bells
    789
    Tickets
    0
    3DS
    1547-5768-4903
    Items: Pear (Fruit)CakeAvatar AnimationUser Title Color Change
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeri Tyaelaria View Post
    Why is PSN so badly protected from these things? Yet Xbox Live and everything else works FINE?
    PSN is free, while Live is paid for by subscription. I think that says a lot.

  8. #8
    Danger Zone! Aeri Tyaelaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20, 2010
    Posts
    3,065
    Bells
    311
    Tickets
    0
    3DS
    4184-2071-5237
    Items: January Birthstone (Garnet)Orange (Fruit)Pear (Fruit)December Birthstone (Turquoise)Cake
Gift received at 07-02-2011, 07:27 AM from Slifer Slacker
Message: i felt like you deserve this :DCakeCakeCake
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricano View Post
    PSN is free, while Live is paid for by subscription. I think that says a lot.
    B| not to me.
    Just seems like PSN has shabby sercurity. Surely people would target Live due to having to pay?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Ricano's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30, 2008
    Posts
    5,666
    Bells
    789
    Tickets
    0
    3DS
    1547-5768-4903
    Items: Pear (Fruit)CakeAvatar AnimationUser Title Color Change
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeri Tyaelaria View Post
    B| not to me.
    Just seems like PSN has shabby sercurity. Surely people would target Live due to having to pay?
    Most likely it was targeted by anonymous or a smaller group due to the geohot thing, or it could be that fact that steamworks was integrated into psn for portal 2 and something went wrong. I dunno

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricano View Post
    Most likely it was targeted by anonymous or a smaller group due to the geohot thing, or it could be that fact that steamworks was integrated into psn for portal 2 and something went wrong. I dunno
    With that being said about Portal, people were already playing it before it went down. By that I mean they were signed in on steam through their ps3 already.
    The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father!
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •