What killed Animal Crossing for you?

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
SO... everyone eventually puts down Animal Crossing. It may take a year or a week, but, it gets old after a while, respectively.

What killed AC: PG for GameCube was that I had done everything I could possibly due with what I had. I played it for a year and three months, and it was September.. I think it was the last day of September. I was trying to get some more bugs to go into the museum and I never got them, so I got a little frustrated and that October I stopped going on, and later sold my GameCube for a PS2 (This was in 2005)

Wild World.. Wow, the music is definitely what killed it for me. I got it in December and, you all know, thats the worst time in Animal Crossing because it's so long and boring. So not only did I start off in a boring season I hated the timid music that was always so drowsy. I finally put it down in August when school started and went to other things.

City Folk, now... I acually played it a very long time. I bought it and the Wii back in 2008 and played it off and on until August of 2010. I believe the problem I had with it was, again the music, and that there was too much to do, with what little time a day I had to play it. Also, the game was very boring, mainly because the businesses were all in the city and there really was not any unpredictability in the game. I loved playing it at night though, and the fishing/bugging in the game was ace.
I tried so hard to like City Folk guys, but in the end I'm glad I sold it.

So the 3DS is coming out soon, with a new Animal Crossing, and I'm hoping it will come out in the warmer months, and not be so predicable and have the dreadful, dreary music that was in Wild World and in City Folk.

TL;DR: What killed Animal Crossing for you? If you still haven't quit one then.. how do you keep the game (ESPECIALLY CITY FOLK) interesting?

My Animal Crossing craze lasts about 3 weeks, then I get so bored. It's so repetitive and just....ugh. Idk how anyone can keep playing it for so long. I feel like its the lack of a story line or something along those lines. o_O

What killed the game for me was the whole hassle of making sure everything is in order. I know it's a life simulator, but I thought it'd be fun. It got repetitive.

I had the DS game and I just got burnt out I guess, not to mention I had so much stuff going on. I'll probably pick it up again one day but for now I don't think I have the time. I'm usually in class all day every day.

I originally had the DS game and I played it for years, like 2005 to 2008. I was just really into it for some reason. All my friends loved it too. I still play City Folk, just not that often anymore.

You do the same thing over and over again, Which may be one reason why if I get a 3DS, I may not get the game.

Repetiton, I mean after a few days or weeks there's nothing really new to do, and after that for me it becomes more of a chore than something that's fun.

Played WW for over a year, possibly two, by that time I had gotten pretty much all value out of the game.

Then city folk came out, and it was the exact same, so...

Played WW for over a year, possibly two, by that time I had gotten pretty much all value out of the game.

Then city folk came out, and it was the exact same, so...

The only thing that kills it for me is when I play it too much. If I do, I stop playing for a while and then I'll play again.

I'd love to play ACGC or ACCF, cuz I haven't in a long time, but my Wii and GC got stolen :( The only AC game I have left is ACWW, but my DSi XL got stolen so I can't play that either :(

The only thing that kills it for me is when I play it too much. If I do, I stop playing for a while and then I'll play again.

I'd love to play ACGC or ACCF, cuz I haven't in a long time, but my Wii and GC got stolen :( The only AC game I have left is ACWW, but my DSi XL got stolen so I can't play that either :(

Haven't you got any security? :p

if you're with friends or other people then the game is extremely enjoyable (in my opinion). However if your on you own then it can get annoying and boring, especially having to do all the jobs such as pulling out weeds and getting rubish fish nearly all the time like seabass and horse mackrel.

Haven't you got any security? :p

It was my brother who stole it. :/
He was a drug addict and he's stolen so many things from me. Every game system I've ever had, he stole (except my black Dsi, but the top screen is cracked), he tried to steal my DSi but I caught him in the act and told me the most BS lie ever. -__-
I miss playing video games....

It was my brother who stole it. :/
He was a drug addict and he's stolen so many things from me. Every game system I've ever had, he stole (except my black Dsi, but the top screen is cracked), he tried to steal my DSi but I caught him in the act and told me the most BS lie ever. -__-
I miss playing video games....
Do you live with him? If you do then just take it away from him.

Back