• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

League of Legends

Have you played DotA before?

• Total voters

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Peach 🍑
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Throwing Beans
Sweet Balloon
Purple Balloon
Pink Balloon
Purple Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
League_of_Legends_logo.png

League of Legends is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena(MOBA) game by Riot Games that takes many concepts from DotA and combines it with a fresh game including all-new original champions/heroes, new maps, account-level leveling system, masteries (talents), runes, automatic matchmaking and more. If you've played DotA before, you'll probably like League of Legends. If you're new to DotA, League of Legends has a fantastic tutorial called Battle Training to help teach the basic mechanics of the game.

In League of Legends the most popular map by far is Summoner's Rift, which is most like DotA. On Summoner's Rift there are the Blue and the Purple teams. Each team has it's base which holds a Nexus, and 3 turrets guarding the base from 3 lanes going outside of the base to the enemy base. Each lane has 2 more turrets on each side, further guarding the base. To win, your team must push out and destroy turrets to eventually destroy your Nexus turrets and then finally destroy your Nexus!

lol-map-summoners-rift.png

To destroy the Nexus, you will encounter enemy champions guarding their towers, grabbing monster buffs in the jungle(the area between the lanes), killing lone weak champions and then running, and giant 5v5 team fights! Each champion has 4 abilities and a passive effect. We will refer to these 4 abilities as their default key bindings. The first three abilities (Q,W,E) are usually short cooldowns and are standard amounts of damage. The forth ability(R) is your Ultimate ability, intended to be extremely powerful and on a very long cooldown usually. As the game progresses you will earn gold which can be used to buy powerful items to enhance your champion's damage, resistances, critical chance, and more.

Best of all, this game is Free To Play and makes revenue through micro-transactions. Think Team Fortress 2 hat and weapon store. You can earn weapons by playing a lot or you can take the express route and buy them with real money. Replace hats with champion skins and weapons with unlocking champions. Since you have to unlock champions, there is free champion rotation. Every week or so, 10 champions are rotated into this list of champions you can play without unlocking. So basically you try the champions in that week's rotation, play some games with them, and then if you like one of them a lot, you can unlock it permanently with the currency you obtained playing games.

If you actually read this giant wall of text, you can signup for the game here.

Last edited:
I just started playing it and I like it so far.

Add me. (Yokie)

I got 31 kills and 0 deaths on my last match. :D

I tried getting into it, but it wasn't my type of game, although I know LoL players, HoN players, and DotA players all have an on-going argument.

It's bump time! More people should checkout this awesome game. =P

oh ****, i'm so late to the party.

been playing pretty frequently the past month.

Razpoopin

i suck so bad

Thank god, they split the European server... NO MORE QUEUE!

Last edited:
All of you folks are missing out! It's free, what can you lose?!

Just got into this game like a week ago. Add me up: rafren

oh and

DAT TEEMO

/offtopic Here in the Philippines, DotA is like the country's Starcraft/CoD. LoL isn't as popular, but I guess people still play it.

I'll add you. My username is E765.
To BellBringerGreen, it never looks like a game for you when you first see it, but it almost always is.
So many times man, so many times.

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot about different servers. I'm in NA.

Man, I forgot about that. I'm probably in the Philippine server. Oh well.

Once again,

DAT TEEMO

Back