• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Minecraft: PVP

Gnome

the poster formerly known as AverageSean
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Okay, so AndyB and I had an idea for sort of a CTF kind of deal. The rules are simple. This is still a WIP so these rules will probably change.

<big><big><big>Rules</big></big></big>_________________________________________________
1) You're on a team of 3/4 (depending on sign-ups).
2) You've got 30 minutes to build a fort (some supplies will be given to each player, the rest you've got to get yourself)
3) No team-killing, that's just stupid.
4) [WIP] Each person carries a gold bar, you lose it by someone killing you. Gold bars represent points, each gold bar is 1 point.
5) Everyone will be supplied with a diamond sword and iron chest in the beginning.
6) Each team is required to have a chest somewhere in their fort (Must be visible) to hold their treasure, Red team has 1 red stone torch, blue team has 1 diamond.
7) The game doesn't start until 30 minutes are up and/or both teams are done with their forts
8) You must have a separate chest (can be hidden) to store or "bank" gold points, this is where your team resupplies to keep in balance (you've got to die less if you wanna have more points).
9) It is required to have a gold bar at all times when playing, if you don't, the other team automatically gets 2 gold bars.
10) Flint & Steel is allowed, but only for inside the fort (don't build out of wood, dummy).

<big><big><big>Signups</big></big></big>_________________________________________________

AndyB
Gnome
FarrenTheRobot
Pyschonaut
Marcus
Wardi96

an idea: both teams get a diamond and redstone torch. what with the whole redstone torch > iron doors thing.

that, or the diamond and redstone torch must not be used at any time, and are the "flags", so to speak. which is what the idea is, right? then why not two diamonds, other than the color difference?

sign me up. TEAM INDUBITABLY AWESOMETASTIC WILL RULE YOU ALL.

and how's the world imbalance thing going to end up? OH GOD I FEEL A MELEE FIGHT COMING ON.

Psychonaut said:
an idea: both teams get a diamond and redstone torch. what with the whole redstone torch > iron doors thing.

that, or the diamond and redstone torch must not be used at any time, and are the "flags", so to speak. which is what the idea is, right? then why not two diamonds, other than the color difference?

sign me up. TEAM INDUBITABLY AWESOMETASTIC WILL RULE YOU ALL.

and how's the world imbalance thing going to end up? OH GOD I FEEL A MELEE FIGHT COMING ON.
first come first serve, is how land works out. And yeah the torch/diamond are flags and worth 10 points. each team only gets one and must be stored in a chest.

Gnome said:
first come first serve, is how land works out. And yeah the torch/diamond are flags and worth 10 points. each team only gets one and must be stored in a chest.
spawn/starting points will be the same for everyone?

so we're just relying on red team being honest with not *censored.3.0*ing over the blu team's iron doors?

Psychonaut said:
Gnome said:

so we're just relying on red team being honest with not *censored.3.0*ing over the blu team's iron doors?
iron doors, what? to differentiate between teams, I'll make simple skins for each team if that's what you mean.

Gnome said:
Psychonaut said:
Gnome said:

iron doors, what? to differentiate between teams, I'll make simple skins for each team if that's what you mean.
no.. I mean that iron doors are for security measures. ex: keep the other team out.

one redstone torch can *censored.3.0* up iron doors, because they open them automagically.

andy showed me a hilarious video where a guy busted out a redstone torch and got into a house that had some kind of complex-ass lock on it.

it's a bit of an over-thought.. but it's something to note. both teams having a diamond or redstone torch (or both) to start out with would be more fair, since one diamond alone isn't as useful as one redstone torch alone.

how are the points going to be tallied up if someone finds gold/diamonds/redstone, via digging?

Psychonaut said:
Gnome said:
Psychonaut said:
Gnome said:

no.. I mean that iron doors are for security measures. ex: keep the other team out.

one redstone torch can *censored.3.0* up iron doors, because they open them automagically.

andy showed me a hilarious video where a guy busted out a redstone torch and got into a house that had some kind of complex-ass lock on it.

it's a bit of an over-thought.. but it's something to note. both teams having a diamond or redstone torch (or both) to start out with would be more fair, since one diamond alone isn't as useful as one redstone torch alone.

how are the points going to be tallied up if someone finds gold/diamonds/redstone, via digging?
the flags will be kept in a chest, so nah.

also new rule

Flint & Steel is allowed, but only for inside the fort (don't build out of wood, dummy).

Gnome said:
Psychonaut said:
Gnome said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

also new rule

Flint & Steel is allowed, but only for inside the fort (don't build out of wood, dummy).
so.. might wanna add it to the list of rules that the "flags" are to be kept in the chest, and not used under any circumstances? :p

why not in the overworld? burning down someone's source of wood would be a great tactic, imo.

I would join, but it depends if Andy lets me on his server, he said it was too overpacked earlier.

Wardi96 said:
I would join, but it depends if Andy lets me on his server, he said it was too overpacked earlier.
he'll likely only allow those who are on the teams, which means it'd be two teams of 3/4, so 6/8 and maybe one dedicated OP, to keep things fairer. i guess. i dunno.

it'd be just the 6/8 players, so it wouldn't be overpacked, imo.

Psychonaut said:
Wardi96 said:
he'll likely only allow those who are on the teams, which means it'd be two teams of 3/4, so 6/8 and maybe one dedicated OP, to keep things fairer. i guess. i dunno.

it'd be just the 6/8 players, so it wouldn't be overpacked, imo.
Yeah sure :D

*Signed*

and it's my server, andy doesn't want to lose his town.

Psychonaut said:
Gnome said:
Psychonaut said:
Gnome said:

also new rule

so.. might wanna add it to the list of rules that the "flags" are to be kept in the chest, and not used under any circumstances? :p

why not in the overworld? burning down someone's source of wood would be a great tactic, imo.
but that equals lag and very large forest fires which would spread to everyone.

Gnome said:
Psychonaut said:
Gnome said:
Psychonaut said:

also new rule

but that equals lag and very large forest fires which would spread to everyone.
>lag

say no more.

you would have to be careful, or you'd burn down your own forest.. but yeah. *censored.3.0* lag. lol

If we don't get enough people, I have 2 other people that would like to enter if that's okay.

AndyB said:
If we don't get enough people, I have 2 other people that would like to enter if that's okay.
that's fine.

Back