• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Andy's Abridged Xmas Contest

Psychonaut

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Previous Contest

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Games</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Game 1 - Left 4K Dead
Game 2 - You Might Get Nervous 2
Game 3 - Give Up Robot</div>

The problem presented: I already have a copy of the Humble Indie Bundle (which is all 11 games, bundle #1&2)

The other two entrants to Andy's contest were a tie.

So my idea is this: have a smaller set of challenges, so that the public can still enter, but give those two who had entered a "leg up" so that their previous efforts are not in vein.

The previous contest would have ended in a tie, so there would be no way for me to fairly (without playing favorites) give out this prize.

I'm thinking that i'll make it 3 games, all flash based/free and of different genres, so that there is an equal mix of games, mainly for fairness.

I'm leaning toward Tetris, (though that has already been covered with the "previous" contest) a strategy game, and at least one action/reflex game. like a platformer or something similar.

I'll edit the first post and bump when i've decided, until then, help me out with some ideas that you would be interested in/actually enter.
should all of the previous challenges still be available/do-able, or just there for the two who have already won/tied?

<big>If this thread doesn't make it to page 2 with coherent posts, NO DEAL.</big>
(by coherent i mean helpful/related to the topic. also, there will be an exception if there is only 1 page and more than 1 new entrant into the contest.)

get to it.

*bump*ing this.

is Marcus the only one still interested in this bundle of games?

if you're interested (and don't already own a bundle), please post, as entrants and at least a little bit of feedback are/is necessary, or i'm just going to give it to marcus.

for those who are interested, I think i've decided on at least one game.

Game 1 - Left 4K Dead

top down shooter, try to make it to the end of the level/kill as many zombies as you can. remember to make a screenshot (Alt + Print Screen, and then paste it into MS Paint or another program) and send it to me (put the image on photobucket, tinypic, etc)

There will be 3 games.

Scoring will be as such: (pretty simple, really)

-One Point for having the Highest Score in a game
-In the event of a tie, scoring will go game-by-game with the two who are tied. Their scores will be compared directly, so someone will win 2-1. (hopefully.)
-If both entrants only enter into one/two games, and there is a tie, there will be one tie-breaker game to be determined at a later date. There will be scoring, at best, it will be direct Player Versus Player in this event.

AS ALREADY STATED
Please contribute your ideas, thoughts, and other on-topic posts, so that i can get a better bearing on what the contest should be/have.
If there are any questions, feel free to post them or PM me with them, your choice.

Get crackin.

Final game (for now) is up: Give Up Robot

you decide how far you go, though the least to get scored (and thus, enter the contest) is 10 levels. again, screenshot the time/score (all one screen), and PM that, and your other two game scores, to be entered.

the one who sends me the farthest level (20 > 10) in the fastest amount of time will win this round.

*bumping* this due to today being the last day i'm accepting entrants.

Marcus has entered into all 3 games, so if you want to win, you must submit a score in all 3 games.

they're all fairly short.. though you'll have to top two of his scores to tie, since he already had one win under his belt for participating in andy's first contest.

so if you're going to do it, do it now. PM me with the screenshot of your scores to enter.

<big><big><big>The deadline for entrys is 10 PM my time, which is in roughly 19 hours.
I can make an exception within reason, but there has been little/no interest, so i don't think that'll be happening.</big></big></big>

Back