Dear TBT

Psychonaut

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
alright, so here's my problem with youse guys.

we've had a least three major releases/stuff people've been looking forward to since I've been gone, and no one's made a topic about anyone. why is that?

-DKC returns
-Goldeneye 007
-Gran Turismo 5

explain yourselves before i have to smack a ho.

I can understand no one giving a damn about goldeneye, and gran turismo isn't nintendo, but DKC should've had some of you guys walking 20 miles to the nearest gamestop in 5 feet of snow, uphill both ways.

or did I miss a few dozen topics? if so, just link me and i'll /r/ a closure on this thread.

kthx. discuss.

right, but wasn't somebody really hyped up over 007?

i just found it unsettling that those topics weren't active

and i thought you all should know.

Bacon Boy said:
There was a huge thread about GoldenEye a while back. Maybe about 10+ pages.
i wouldn't say it's 10 pages back.. but probably 10 pages long.

but that was about a week before it's release, IIRC.

i really wanted to feel good about saying "I told you so" when it flopped. :(

my little brother rented it. oh god how do i aim what is this i am not good with IRL

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

my little brother rented it. oh god how do i aim what is this i am not good with IRL
I meant long, not back.

But is it any good?

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

I meant long, not back.

But is it any good?
in a word, no.

multiplayer fell short imo, simply because you couldn't aim up or down too far without the sensor going out.

and it being wii zapper compatible? yeah, don't believe that.
I usually play games with my zapper setup, but I can't hold it as it's meant to be held when i do. I have fairly big hands.. and even as such, it's a stretch.

goldeneye uses the control pad, a, 1/2, +/-, all that good stuff. not zapper compaible. i lol'd when i read that.

would've loved it if it was a simple update of graphics, or had some kind of "classic mode" option that just recreated the old one with the sensor bar/IR sensor.

but noooo. they had to change everything up.

/nostalgia

it felt like what I assume CoD feels like.

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

I meant long, not back.

But is it any good?
in a word, no.

multiplayer fell short imo, simply because you couldn't aim up or down too far without the sensor going out.

I usually play games with my zapper setup, but I can't hold it as it's meant to be held when i do. I have fairly big hands.. and even as such, it's a stretch.

goldeneye uses the control pad, a, 1/2, +/-, all that good stuff. not zapper compaible. i lol'd when i read that.

would've loved it if it was a simple update of graphics, or had some kind of "classic mode" option that just recreated the old one with the sensor bar/IR sensor.

/nostalgia

So... in a couple of words, we were right?

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I meant long, not back.

But is it any good?
in a word, no.

/nostalgia

So... in a couple of words, we were right?
eh.

I didn't try online as the servers weren't up (lololol) and I really, really didn't like how it felt.

i tried using it without the zapper, no dice. tried it with the GC controller, and i really hate how the C stick feels compared to other things. *censored.2.0*ty part is, there isn't a classic control style option. that would've been great, as strafing isn't all that necessary if you can't aim one way or another easily.

worth a rental if you think you might like it, but not worth much more.

imo, at least. i think it got a good review from somebody.
somebody is probably wrong.

Back