• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So guys (& girls)

Psychonaut

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>old</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">For not picking up this incredible deal?

Steam Thanksgiving (Give & Get) Sales Thread, GOGOGO

whoever was paying attention yesterday, what did I miss?

edit: oh, and in case you guys forgot, make a wishlist. at least five games.
each day they're apparently giving away the top five games on 30 peoples wishlist. stock them suckers up.</div>
Steam Treasure Hunt

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Objectives</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
Day 1 (6th-7th)
Self Portrait - Setup an avatar
Got Tanked? - Become a Desert Fox in R.U.S.E.
Up The Ante - Unlock The Iron Curtain in Poker Night at the Inventory
More Cowbell - Set a leaderboard score of at least 1,124,400 in easy (9 minute) mode for the 'Paul Hartnol' Level in Chime

Day 2 (8th-9th)
Friends with Benefits - Have 10 Friends on your friends list
What Happens in Vegas - Complete Ol' Buddy Ol' Pal achievement in Fallout: New Vegas
Terminal Velocity - Set a leaderboard score of at least 22,600 on the level 'Mash Face Against Mountain' in AaAaAA!!!
Go To Your Happy Place - Play the demo or game The Undergarden

Day 3 (10th-11th)
Join the Club - Join an Official Group
Family-Style - Get Back in Business in Mafia II
Stack the Deck - Be a Devastator in Magic: The Gathering
Just Drop It - Set a leaderboard score of at least 85,370 for 'Classic - Small Wonder' in Droplitz

Day 4 (12th-13th)
It's Better to Give - Send a gift to a friend
Take One for the Team - Make a Sacrifice in Call of Duty: Black Ops
Breaker, Breaker - Set a leaderboard score of at least 11,200,000 for 'Bonus Mode' in Shatter
Zombie Zoo - Create a Crass Menagerie in Left 4 Dead 2

Day 5 (14th-16th)
Sneak Peek - Download and watch a trailer from each of the following games - Deux Ex: Human Revolution, Homefront, BRINK, Red Facion: Armageddon, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine and Portal 2
Tunnel Vision - Become a Nosalis Hunter in Metro 2033
Cause and Effect - Create a Destruction Frenzy in Just Cause 2
Beat It - Set a leaderbaord score of at least 3,770,488 for 'Survival Best Score' in Beat Hazard</div>
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Day 1</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Poker Night at the Inventory = $3.00
Chime = $1.25
R.U.S.E. = $33.50</div>
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Day 2</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">AaAaAA!!! = $2.50
The Undergarden = $5</div>
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Day 3</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Mafia II = $33.50 (if I remember correctly)
Magic: The Gathering = $5.00
Droplitz = $2.50</div>
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Day 4</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Shatter = $2.50
Left 4 Dead 2 = $5.00</div>
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Day 5</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Metro 2033 = $9.99
Just Cause 2 = $7.49
Beat Hazard = $2.50</div>

I MISSED IT.
D:
On a sort of related note, I have $10 to spend. What should I get off the sale today? (Or should I wait?) I'm on a mac as well, so keep that in mind.

-Jack- said:
I MISSED IT.
D:
On a sort of related note, I have $10 to spend. What should I get off the sale today? (Or should I wait?) I'm on a mac as well, so keep that in mind.
there's another indie pack on sale for the same price if you're interested. world of goo and VVVVV + others, but the one yesterday was badass, though.
I've heard good about tropico and torchlight, machinarium is pretty swell as well, so i've heard. (awards)

i'd say wait if there's nothing that really catches your eye.

nook, you need to go to the re-education clinic.

Kobry614 said:
the best way to save money is to not buy anything
or wait for sales like these, otherwise you will never have what you want.

material stuff, sure, but not buying anything is pretty lame. even if you already have everything, if you want something, a sale is the best way to obtain it, other than stealing of course. :)

edited in about the wishlist giveaways, for those of you who are bone broke. :(

also, my condolences. feels bad, man.

TheYoshiGamer said:
Not interested. Sorry. I only buy games at retailers, and I didn't see any interesting games on that website.
you have much to learn, then. :)

a lot of the games on steam are top-notch, and are at bargain bin prices. the only real downfall is that you don't have a physical copy of the game, but you can relate that to itunes or whatnot if it makes you feel any better.

there's a lot of games that aren't big enough to make it to a console release that are available online through steam and other digital distribution sources, though steam is usually the best (or at least my favorite)

and you get a slew of free community features once you buy just one game. so.. $5, you get your game (or package of games) and unlimited use of the steam community, which includes IM and game connection options (invites and the like), keeping tabs on what your friends are doing, oh yeah. it's the wave of the future. unless, y'know, another medium comes out that we're all blind to, or something.

doesn't float everyone's boat, that's great. glad you checked, though. :)

Psychonaut said:
TheYoshiGamer said:
Not interested. Sorry. I only buy games at retailers, and I didn't see any interesting games on that website.
you have much to learn, then. :)

a lot of the games on steam are top-notch, and are at bargain bin prices. the only real downfall is that you don't have a physical copy of the game, but you can relate that to itunes or whatnot if it makes you feel any better.

there's a lot of games that aren't big enough to make it to a console release that are available online through steam and other digital distribution sources, though steam is usually the best (or at least my favorite)

and you get a slew of free community features once you buy just one game. so.. $5, you get your game (or package of games) and unlimited use of the steam community, which includes IM and game connection options (invites and the like), keeping tabs on what your friends are doing, oh yeah. it's the wave of the future. unless, y'know, another medium comes out that we're all blind to, or something.

doesn't float everyone's boat, that's great. glad you checked, though. :)
LOL XD well im still good though, but thx ^_^

oh, and btw.. something went glitchy with the store page for the indie pack that was originally linked in first post, so it redirects you to the steam home page.

i was linking directly to that.. heh. just a heads up.

edit: OH GOD I'M JARATE YELLOW NOW, WHAT DO I DO?

Psychonaut said:
oh, and btw.. something went glitchy with the store page for the indie pack that was originally ]I got so excited when I saw that it was still there on the 3rd day. I thought I still could get it. Then my dreams were crushed.

today we got left 4 dead 2 for $5, supreme commander 2 for $3.75, and an indie pack with most of the music games (audiosurf, beat hazard, bit.trip.beat or somesuch)

feel bad for splurging on audiosurf already :( oh well, didn't care much for beat hazard, really.

Back