• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask The Staff: Non site-related questions!

I need a mod to remove a negative rating I don't deserve, it was the traders fault. They just came and started picking up bells. And then said, it was my fault. Please contact me to remove it. Thanks

Fireninja has 100+ wifi ratings so I don't really know if they would change it.

But I do deserve it! :( I can show the Pms! I did nothing wrong! He took to many of my bells and I asked if he would return them!

- - - Post Merge - - -

If anything they do! For stealing my bells! They have them back and then said it was my fault!

To be fair, Fireninja does seem to be the only person that hassles Lucky and Shayne still with their shop and I think the mods are well aware of this. Most users who don't want to deal with that style of business just move on and ignore it, report when needed.

Lucky, just PM any of the mods and they will get back to you. You can look on the main page and see who's online at the bottom. Sometimes they don't answer right away because they are busy, but they'll get to you. :>

Lucky, you can PM any of the mods whether we are on or not. When we log on, we will help. Report your PMs with the report button so we can discuss and decide.

I have over a dozen spare Steam Keys.

Is the staff here opposed to me selling/trading them in the Marketplace?
A user here brought up that allegedly it is against Humble Bundle's (I got most of the keys from Humble Bundle) ToS to redistribute keys obtained from them in any way....BUT! They also give out gift links for all their bundles.

I'd rather someone use them than them go to waste, because I already have all the games.

Further discussion on this:

I offer an analogy.
  • You go into a store and buy a TV
  • You go into the same store and buy a couch, it comes with the same TV you bought as an added bonus!
  • The store tells you that you can't give away that TV, even though it's legitimately yours.

Also, in this example; say if a shop was in fact doing a promotion where you got a free TV and was helping charity at the same time. It's still your TV once you've bought the 'bundle', you can go home and give it to your friend. The shop's goals or motives don't change the items being sold (and you giving away the TV doesn't hurt the shop in any way either).

As soon as it becomes a physical item we see how ridiculous the concept is, but for some people as soon as it becomes digital it's somehow 'different'.

Humble Bundle is nothing more than a distributor with no power to tell us how to use products--which they have no copyrights on--that we bought from them.

Also, this legality of not redistributing keys and whatnot applies to all these Pokemon X/Y Download Codes we've seen lately....no one's complained about those, and they are the exact same thing!

Last edited:
I have over a dozen spare Steam Keys.

Is the staff here opposed to me selling/trading them in the Marketplace?
A user here brought up that allegedly it is against Humble Bundle's (I got most of the keys from Humble Bundle) ToS to redistribute keys obtained from them in any way....BUT! They also give out gift links for all their bundles.

I'd rather someone use them than them go to waste, because I already have all the games.

Further discussion on this:

I offer an analogy.
  • You go into a store and buy a TV
  • You go into the same store and buy a couch, it comes with the same TV you bought as an added bonus!
  • The store tells you that you can't give away that TV, even though it's legitimately yours.

Also, in this example; say if a shop was in fact doing a promotion where you got a free TV and was helping charity at the same time. It's still your TV once you've bought the 'bundle', you can go home and give it to your friend. The shop's goals or motives don't change the items being sold (and you giving away the TV doesn't hurt the shop in any way either).

As soon as it becomes a physical item we see how ridiculous the concept is, but for some people as soon as it becomes digital it's somehow 'different'.

Humble Bundle is nothing more than a distributor with no power to tell us how to use products--which they have no copyrights on--that we bought from them.

Also, this legality of not redistributing keys and whatnot applies to all these Pokemon X/Y Download Codes we've seen lately....no one's complained about those, and they are the exact same thing!

Question bump, have already PM'd an admin about this as well.

Also looking for thoughts and opinions on this. I bought all of these keys, supporting Humble Bundle/Or whatever Bundle site I got them from, the indie devs who make the games, and the charities they take up. In fact I buy nearly every bundle, for more than the average/beat the average consistently. What I do with my individual keys has no effect on them whatsoever. I gain no profit (real profit, as in $$$) and my unused keys go to someone who will use them. What's the problem?

DISCLAIMER: This post is in no way any form of mad, anger, or butthurt. I am simply stating my opinion and looking for feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:
Question bump, have already PM'd an admin about this as well.

Also looking for thoughts and opinions on this. I bought all of these keys, supporting Humble Bundle/Or whatever Bundle site I got them from, the indie devs who make the games, and the charities they take up. In fact I buy nearly every bundle, for more than the average/beat the average consistently. What I do with my individual keys has no effect on them whatsoever. I gain no profit (real profit, as in $$$) and my unused keys go to someone who will use them. What's the problem?

DISCLAIMER: This post is in no way any form of mad, anger, or butthurt. I am simply stating my opinion and looking for feedback. Thanks.

Why would you question bump when your original post with the question is literally only two posts away?...

I have a question, is it against the rules to auction e-gift cards??? I think my thread got closed but there wasn't a post/note from a mod telling why he/she closed it. If it's because the ending date of auction is "tba" and against auction rules, I made that up now o-o And If it's not allowed I don't see why it's not allowed because redeeming a gift card is like redeeming nintendo code points...? Doesn't require an address, email, or anything.

Last edited:
Similar to Adol's question, but without the personal gain (TBT currecny). If I wanted to give my steam keys away (some are from humble bundle) in a giveaway (absolutely free) could I do that. :> I figured since HB offers a gifting option now in their checkout it would be okay to give away the keys I currently have from before their gifting option. If a company wants to track me down and sue me for giving away my keys rather than let them rot then that's my responsibility, but I wanted to know if it be okay TBT wise.

I would put a disclaimer stating the controversy and that nobody who feels comfortable participating is obligated to join and that it is my choice and responsibility. I just feel bad letting keys like Battlefield 3, Sims 3, Dead Space, etc go to waste.

I have a question, is it against the rules to auction e-gift cards??? I think my thread got closed but there wasn't a post/note from a mod telling why he/she closed it. If it's because the ending date of auction is "tba" and against auction rules, I made that up now o-o And If it's not allowed I don't see why it's not allowed because redeeming a gift card is like redeeming nintendo code points...? Doesn't require an address, email, or anything.

I think Jen neglected to post when she locked it, but the thread borders rule #4 in the Prohibited Content section of the rules. Both Jen and Kaiaa were about to head to bed, so the plan was to lock it temporarily until we had time to properly talk it over.

Are there any mods online? If possible, I'd like some help in changing someone else's wifi rating that I gave them!

Back