• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ask The Staff: Non site-related questions!

How much recognition do you give this forum in your everyday lives? Always something I wonder about.

Like, for the designers of this forum, is being a member and contributor to this forum something you'd wanna shout out on your portfolio, or is it more personal to you than that? Do you consider the forum a creative/personal obligation?
I told my boss I'm a moderator of an Animal Crossing forum and she promoted me.

I have two hobbies I've been working on, [link removed] & [link removed]. Will I be unjustly persecuted if I share these topics in a thread? I'm not doing it for advertisement, money or anything else. I just want to share my favorite thing with people who can enjoy it also.

Last edited:
I have two hobbies I've been working on, [link removed] & [link removed]. Will I be unjustly persecuted if I share these topics in a thread? I'm not doing it for advertisement, money or anything else. I just want to share my favorite thing with people who can enjoy it also.

I don't see any issue in posting about textures you're making, but the forum you linked to contains downloads for game emulators, so I had to remove them. Also, if you decide to post about this in a thread, please be sure that it's relevant to the thread's topic.

Edit: Also in the future, you can post these types of questions in Contact the Staff.

Last edited:
Nobody's posting here so I guess I'll have to.
Do you like potatoes?
What are you having for breakfast, dinner/lunch and tea/dinner?
Favourite flavour of ice-cream?
Favourite type of weather?
Hobbies?
Do you want to turn the thread upside-down and ask me a question? ^-^

Yes on potatoes.
I made spaghetti bolognese for dinner.
Vanilla.
Sunny and dry. I hate humidity, which unfortunately is the norm in my country.
Writing, drawing, reading, working out.
What's your favourite scent, Alesha?

How much recognition do you give this forum in your everyday lives? Always something I wonder about.

Like, for the designers of this forum, is being a member and contributor to this forum something you'd wanna shout out on your portfolio, or is it more personal to you than that? Do you consider the forum a creative/personal obligation?

Far less than I used to. For the first year or so after I joined the staff I was active on here all day every day, but I'm not as heavily involved now so it doesn't really come up. Although it's no secret my former flatmate (she was active in the trading boards and played mafia) is a member on here, so it's not like it was a secret either!

I don't see any issue in posting about textures you're making, but the forum you linked to contains downloads for game emulators, so I had to remove them. Also, if you decide to post about this in a thread, please be sure that it's relevant to the thread's topic.

Edit: Also in the future, you can post these types of questions in Contact the Staff.

Um how are game emulators a bad thing? Plenty of people do it there's community built on them and there's nothing wrong by law with playing games you own on your PC. Nothing in the rules here mention it.

Um how are game emulators a bad thing? Plenty of people do it there's community built on them and there's nothing wrong by law with playing games you own on your PC. Nothing in the rules here mention it.
We don't allow links to illegal content, such as downloads of copyrighted games. By the way, like the title says, this thread is actually meant for non-site related questions.

Yes on potatoes.
I made spaghetti bolognese for dinner.
Vanilla.
Sunny and dry. I hate humidity, which unfortunately is the norm in my country.
Writing, drawing, reading, working out.
What's your favourite scent, Alesha?
Yay!
Sounds nice.
Plain. Good choice
That's cool. It's really the only weather I can go out in without risking going to the hospital. :\
I do them things too! :D
Umm... I don't know... coffee or baked things or something.
Thanks!

Last edited:
We don't allow links to illegal content, such as downloads of copyrighted games. By the way, like the title says, this thread is actually meant for non-site related questions.

Should I pm you about this then or can you direct me to the proper thread?

I noticed all those "ban justin" tags. Why?

And some good questions:
-Favourite clothing brand?
-Favourite restaurant?
-Skin colour? (no racism intended)
-Glasses or no glasses?
-How's the weather?

Last edited:
Teletubbies or Boohbah?

I've never even heard of the second thing so suppose that means Teletubbies win by default!

And some good questions:
-Favourite restaurant?
-Glasses or no glasses?
-How's the weather?

The tags are probably referring to a question on the staff applications. That's what I've always assumed, anyway!

Clothing brand... it would be very hard for me to pick just one. Mall-wise I like J.Crew and Madewell, and Free People and Anthropologie are always my go-tos if I go to one of the nicer local plazas. Higher-end wise I love Ulla Johnson, Equipment, Zimmermann, Tibi, and for jeans I rarely buy anything other than AG or Citizens of Humanity. I really like clothes, okay.

There's a local vegetarian restaurant close-ish to my house that has the best food. I'd go there every day, literally.

Pale as can be with warm undertones.

Heck yes I wear glasses. #nerd4lyfe

The weather's been beautiful here lately! Mid to high 70's with low humidity - perfect for running outside or long walks after dinner. :blush:

-->I mostly wear simple kinds of clothes, it's really kinda plain but it works for me.

-Favourite restaurant?
-->Honey Pig Korean BBQ!!

--> Weird tanish?

-Glasses or no glasses?
-->I had reading glasses but I haven't gotten a new prescription nor need to

-How's the weather?
--> It's sunny out right now

has any of you participated in or won anything recently you're proud of?

has any of you participated in or won anything recently you're proud of?
I think the most major thing would be a video dedicated to a streamer I love (platonically), aside from that I guess the multiple Pokemon Go raids that helped me catch the four legendaries in game?

I can't believe you enjoy a place that would exclude students over the age of 100 from their essay submissions.
Truly the worst.

And some good questions:
-Favourite restaurant?
-Glasses or no glasses?
-How's the weather?

Liz Lisa, ma*rs, and more recently Vans.

-Favourite restaurant?
YO! Sushi.

-Skin colour?
I might as well be a ghost.

-Glasses or no glasses?
I prefer contacts over glasses as a general rule.

-How's the weather?
Sunny and warm.

Back