• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Animal Crossing 3DS screenshots

Wow, the most apparant change is cosmetic-wise. The characters looked thinner, thus made me thinking they're grown-up.

Based on those screenshots, I can tell what they are actually confirming... (in no particular order) I won't be mentionning furnitures too much.

- The shovel will be obviously back, so is the axe and net
- Side beach will be added to town's layout
- Once again, you can change your haicut (there's even a bedhead hair, but I'm not sure either if we could get by asking Harriet or another character to get this haircut, or we'll have to wait long enough without playing to cause it)
- Object griding returns
- Weeds returns
- Trees returns
- Bob, Curt, FIlbert and Rosie are confirmed as villagers
- You can still change your shoes. Still not sure how do we change them though, unless Kicks would appear on one of those benches while the City would be stripped out
- Rocks returns
- Pansies and Tulips returns (Roses and cosmos may be confirmed, too). No hybrid flowers were confirmed, but they'll probably come back as well
- The game borrow items from Animal Crossing: City Folk (or Animal Crossing: Let's go to the City).
- The Pav

I have a good feeling that it will feel fresh and addicting as the Gamecube version.

bittermeat said:
I have a good feeling that it will feel fresh and addicting as the Gamecube version.
Yeah, me too! The 3D effect will keep a lot of people playing. (hopefully)

I don't see why nobody likes the new characters. You liked being a 3 foot fatty with gigantic eyes? :|

This will probably keep me playing for a while.

SSgt. Garrett said:
What's that trackpad thing above the d-pad?
It's not a trackpad, it's a "slide pad". Basically, it's an analog stick. It's been said to be much better than the PSP's, too.

Wait.

ac3ds15.png

See that tree in the back left, to the right of the purple pansies? What kind of tree is that? I haven't seen a tree like that before.

Muffun said:
Wait.

ac3ds15.png

See that tree in the back left, to the right of the purple pansies? What kind of tree is that? I haven't seen a tree like that before.
It looks like a bush, but it is probably a tree.

Zack said:
Muffun said:
Wait.

ac3ds15.png

It looks like a bush, but it is probably a tree.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Or they changed what cherries look like?

Muffun said:
Wait.

ac3ds15.png

Woah, it cant be another tree can it?

The trees have a completely different color. I'm kind of hoping its a bush or something.

Back