• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ZR's/Caius's Galleria of Stuff: See last page for updates

Caius

De Profundis
Retired Staff
Bells
Yellow Tulip
White Tulip
Red Tulip
Winter Mittens
Orange Mote of Flame
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Waluigi Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Rainbow Feather
Green Feather
jiCVAWW.jpg

Bio/Do’s and Don’ts.

ZR388, or Jamie as I’m known by my fleshy counterparts, is a degree-holding Game Art Generalist with a specialty in Environmental Art. In other, more satisfying words, I make video game levels and focus heavily on level design, conceptual design, texture painting, and 3D space building along with implementation.

I own and operate two separate companies, one dealing with game development. The other is my source of conceptual, freelance contract painting or modeling. My goal with both of these is to introduce something unorthodox, unexpected, and dashingly frustrating (with a twist of lemon!)

Jamie is also a Master Control Operator for a local news station in Lubbock, and spends her time pressing buttons to make sure television logos end up in the right place.

Do you take commissions?

Yes, I do. Unfortunately these commissions must all be placed through my independent company as a contract for actual cash. I do not accept bells as currency, nor do I accept Animal Crossing items. My work is very long-term, and I only work for a profit. I also do logos, business cards, flyers, web images, and will even build you a personal— fully functional game level for the right price. Beware, I live and die by my contracts, which means there will be a legal agreement involved should this be something you find yourself interested in.

I will also 3D Model GFX if requested. Due to render times and hyper shade restrictions, you’re much better off searching the web for GFX Renders that are free to use.

Do you still make signatures/avatars?

On and off, mostly for myself. I’m a simple person, and find that other people on this website are much more talented in GFX than I am. If you would like a signature, you are more than welcome to ask. I have no problem with thinking it over before deciding on a definite “No.” Remember though, my work is not perfect here.

Do you accept critique?

Born to art, die to art. I went to a very critique heavy university, some of the responses ranging on borderline criticism. When your grade hinges on making one person satisfied with a style they’re not fond of, you become numb to the feedback. I always have, and always will accept critique from anyone that decides to impart their wisdom on me. I will also do the same in return.

Where’s all the art?

This thread is ancient. It has been my baby since joining this forum. You can find almost everything from my high school years, all the way to the most recent stuff by navigating to the last page. It’s your choice if that’s something you’d like to journey through.

What are your qualifications?

hDpCxs0.png

…And more.

Demo Reel

Samples

Li711Sh.jpg

kZaCUEz.jpg

rWwrfGb.png

zic2z8B.jpg

reasons_i_shouldn__t_use_maya_by_dedes72-d5iscqb.jpg

traditional_wooden_duckcone_by_dedes72-d374hf4.png

Small FAQ

Q: What kind of degree do you have and how long did it take?
A: Bachelor’s of Science from Full Sail University in Game Art. Graduated Valedictorian in 3 years, with two special awards. No, I do not recommend the school.

Q: What do you charge for work?
A: This is a private case-by-case question.

Q: How long have you been drawing?
A: A good amount of years. I only recently feel good enough to market the skill though.

Q: Can I ask you for tutorials on programs or styles?
A: Of course.

Q: Do you practice ________ skill?
A: See my qualifications. I may do more than that, though. I’ve been known to sing and free-form DDR from time to time.

Q: Where’s your website?
A: I’d be more than happy to direct you to it privately if you’re interested.

Q: Can I inquire about a contract for someone else?
A: Certainly. Publicity is always good. Just get me in touch with your contact.

Q: You drew something for someone for free, do I get a free thing?
A: I usually have to feel extremely strong about something to do free art. Never hurts to ask though.

Last edited:
ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

Nevermore said:
I really like your Deviant stuff, especially Leaves in the Wind.
I remember her coloring that. She's all that and a bag of chips. Your signatures, not so much. Your DA, sure. It's the bomb.

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

malesretmit12 said:
Nevermore said:
I remember her coloring that. She's all that and a bag of chips. Your signatures, not so much. Your DA, sure. It's the bomb.
Well yeah I did it so YOU WOULD GET AN A IN THE CLASS.

And pfft I don't lurk around making signatures all day while someone's over at my house begging without words to play some brawl or torture marco.

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

Zr388 said:
malesretmit12 said:
Nevermore said:

And pfft I don't lurk around making signatures all day while someone's over at my house begging without words to play some brawl or torture marco.
I could tell you wanted to brawl. It's all in the eyes. Wait, that was for a grade? I don't even remember.

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

malesretmit12 said:
Zr388 said:
malesretmit12 said:
Nevermore said:

I could tell you wanted to brawl. It's all in the eyes. Wait, that was for a grade? I don't even remember.
It's on my transcripts, Graphic Design. So I guess so. AND we got an A because of that abysmal powerpoint. Over 80 slides. :E

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

You two sound like an old couple squabbling over insignificant things XD

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

Zr388 said:
malesretmit12 said:
Zr388 said:
malesretmit12 said:
Nevermore said:

It's on my transcripts, Graphic Design. So I guess so. AND we got an A because of that abysmal powerpoint. Over 80 slides. :E
Oh, now I remember. What a wonderful time. Your sigs still stink, by the way.

<small><small><small>I'm kidding.

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

malesretmit12 said:
Zr388 said:
malesretmit12 said:
Zr388 said:
malesretmit12 said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepI remember her coloring that. She's all that and a bag of chips. Your signatures, not so much. Your DA, sure. It's the bomb.

Oh, now I remember. What a wonderful time. Your sigs still stink, by the way.

<small><small><small>I'm kidding.</small></small></small>
<small><small><small>Your mom stinks

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

Jas0n said:
You know it wouldn't be that far off. That reminds me

You still got room in the limo for prom? I'm thinking about picking up a cocktail dress.

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

Zr388 said:
Jas0n said:

You still got room in the limo for prom? I'm thinking about picking up a cocktail dress.
That has nothing to do with your stinky signatures, but yes. I have space in the limo still.

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

malesretmit12 said:
Zr388 said:
Jas0n said:

That has nothing to do with your stinky signatures, but yes. I have space in the limo still.
<big>I'm too lazy to get on msn or irc and ask and yours are just as stinky, stinker. </big>

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

Fantastic sigs, and very impressive art! O_O
You got skillz.

Also you two are funny. XD

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

Ron Ronaldo said:
Fantastic sigs, and very impressive art! O_O
You got skillz.

Also you two are funny. XD
Haha I'm glad you find our bickering funny :) It's only better when we're actually in the same room, or worse when we're pokemon battling.

Don't tickle my wooper.

ZR's Gallery of ...stuff

Zr388 said:
First post edited to include new siggy:

Celandine.png
lern2focalpoint. :'( I like the colors, though.

Back