• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Currently Playing?

I just found out that Undertale was released on the Vita. I downloaded it pretty much as soon as I found out and I'll start playing it tonight. Looking forward to it.

A Wall*E game for the PC I found. It's actually pretty fun. I like it. I think I got it forever ago for like 5 dollars at Walmart but I never played it. I love it, tbh.

Today, I decided to boot up Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 on a whim, and completed the long neglected latter 1/3 of the game within 2 hours. The collision detection and the physics might be showing some signs of age, but the level design is still pretty solid after all of those years.

Since I enjoyed that game quite a lot, I'm looking forward giving Wario Land 4 a proper whirl on finishing it on Normal difficulty.

Last edited:
Dragon quest 6... I am more like an old school person...
(though I just finished Life is Strange before the storm yesterday :x)

Last edited:
3D Puyo Puyo Tsu! I love that garbage Tetris mode and the slimes makes it even cuter!

Been playing a few games lately, all for the DS: Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Monster Tale(stuck though), 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors(stuck on this too), New Super Mario Bros. and Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure(also stuck)!

Last edited:
Yesterday, I finally completed Wario Land 4 with Normal difficulty. I collected all 16 CDs, racked 10 000 gold on every level and obtained every treasure chest from the bosses. While the game itself doesn't take long to finish, the mostly fun level design, generally solid boss fights and tight controls lead to many engaging moments. Next time I ever replay the game, I wouldn't hesitate to choose Hard, since Normal is a tad too lenient and the enemies are a bit too sparse for my tastes.

Now, I'm tackling on Sonic Lost World, so I could appreciate even more on how the better games are designed. Not that it's a bad game throughout, but hoo boy does the game disappoint with its design quality progressively plummeting down starting on World 3. World 4 Zone 2 in particular, can go burn itself with its laggy and sluggish snowball mechanic that made for a tedious slog of a level.

Oh god I remember WL4. I loved those cd's with weird sfx/soundtracks on them but I hate that inflatable teddy bear boss lol!

Oh god I remember WL4. I loved those cd's with weird sfx/soundtracks on them but I hate that inflatable teddy bear boss lol!

That disappointment of a boss was Aerodent. It has an annoying tendency to drag the fight longer than it needs to be, while severely lacking variety in its overly simplistic attack patterns. And if you managed to get enough medals from the mini-games, I highly recommend you purchase Large Lips just to make a huge dent in this guy's HP.

I think I'm gonna restart Pikmin 3 and actually finish it this time..!

Vanquish and Bayonetta...Can't say I'm impressed with either.

Vanquish does a lot to stop being a typical 'cover shooter, but ultimately, it's still a cover shooter, and it shows.

Bayonetta, I just can't get over how long I've spent watching cutscenes and doing QTE's. It's ridiculous for an action game, just constant "look how cool our character is! Look! LOOK!".
I never cared for Bayonetta as a character anyway (too disporoptionate for my tastes) but the gameplay really isn't enough to keep me going...It's fine, but not "I have to play the prologue twice because of how damn long the cutscenes were" fine.

I look at both of them and wonder "how the hell did MG:Revengence and Neir Automata not get this level of praise!?!?!". Bayo and Vanquish, whilst 'decent enough', seem pretty trash in comparison.

[...]

Bayonetta, I just can't get over how long I've spent watching cutscenes and doing QTE's. It's ridiculous for an action game, just constant "look how cool our character is! Look! LOOK!".
I never cared for Bayonetta as a character anyway (too disporoptionate for my tastes) but the gameplay really isn't enough to keep me going...It's fine, but not "I have to play the prologue twice because of how damn long the cutscenes were" fine.

[...]

I've never played both Bayonetta 1 and 2, but I've heard numerous times that the latter apparently got rid a lot of stuff that took the player away from the core gameplay. For example, they've toned down the length of the cutscenes and the amount of nonsensical mid-cinematic QTEs by a significant margin.

Also, I've recently finished Sonic Lost World, despite getting too bored to bother finishing the fight with the ridiculously easy final boss. My goodness this game is so mediocre I had urges of not wanting to play EVER AGAIN!

The controls lacks finesse and intuitiveness, the level design is all over the place in terms of quality and difficulty, there's too many do-or-die situations, many gimmicks that don't mesh well with the core gameplay and/or break the flow (a stealth section on a Sonic game?!?), almost every boss lacking any sort of thought in order to defeat them, and poorly-explained moves that are rarely useful.
The only redeeming quality it has is the art style fits to the game's tone for the most part, but the level themes are so formulaic and uninspired it doesn't matter much.

I'm planning to play Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures on Wii U, which is one of the few 3D platformers of the early 10s that plays like Spyro the Dragon. After the misery that was Sonic Lost World, this seems like to be a good choice to relax.

Pokemon Yellow on 3DS Virtual Console. I was feeling Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon hype and while I'm waiting I decided to try playing this. I played Blue back in the day, but never actually played Yellow. I have never actually kept Pikachu in my main team in Pokemon, ever. I decided to never box him and keep using him. He's doing pretty decent for me. I'm surprised. It's also kinda cool to get all 3 Red/Blue starters without trading.

I have 7 out of 8 badges right now. My team is Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Snorlax, and Dugtrio.

Back