• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Would you ever get a tattoo?

For the longest I was against the idea, but eventually I came around to getting a tattoo :D Got my first ink several months ago, and I still adore it.

I wouldn't get a tattoo, I don't like the thought of having ink on my body which I will probably regret later on in life. I also don't see the appeal and don't find them attractive.

Literally everyone I know who has tattoos regrets getting most of them, I say "most of them" because they all have multiple tattoos.

Last edited:
I have one tattoo already. Already have two more ideas that I really want to get done as well in the near future.

I'd love to get one at some stage, but there's a lot of things holding me back. First of all, the cost. I'd need to save up for it probably. Second of all, actually choosing a design. I've gone through a couple in my head. Maybe a series of stars, or even more a galaxy, or otherwise watercolour cherry blossoms. As for where, I definitely know that. I don't want it in an obvious place where everyone will stare at it, but I want it in a place where I would see it. Maybe around/near the ankle, or a smallish one on the inside of my arm. Maybe even stars behind my ear, but I think that would hurt too much xD I don't really care about the pain, I've got needle piercings done before despite my low pain tolerance so lol I'll do it anyway.

I have a few in mind, but I haven't managed to settle on anything yet.

I don't have any but it's something I've thought about for a while now. It would have to be something small, and pertaining to my interests, so I'm not entirely sure what I would settle on were I to go ahead and get one. Plus there's also the problem of where I would want one, I'd rather it would be visible since that's the whole point of a tattoo in the first place.

I definitely want to, the only real reason I haven't yet is because I'm an introvert and forming trust with a tattoo artist to put their art on my body sounds stressful.

I have one on the back of my shoulder and my newest one is on my forearm <3 Got it December 18th!

I don't think I would. I don't like pain and there's nothing I would want that badly, but they do look fantastic on other people!

I have six tattoos already and am looking forward to getting more in the future. It doesn't hurt as much as people think it does depending on the area. (I've gotten my sternum done which my artist told me was one of the most sensitive places and it was nothing for me.) All of mine are pretty large, my smallest being like 2x2, and most of the others 6+ inches.

I've gotten one almost every year since I turned 18, but it's been like a year and a half now since I've gotten one, so I'm CRAVING it! I am hoping after getting my taxes back that my friend and I can make a date. I just have to narrow down what I want and where, because I have a lot in mind. =]

I don't regret any of my tattoos as I put a lot of thought into them before getting them, and now they're such a part of who I am I often forget they're there and get confused when people mention them until I look down. XD I can't wait for the babyboomers to clear out so we can be more accepting about tattoos piercings and hair color so I can be who I really want to be and not lose my job.

Last edited:
I wanted one really badly when I was younger, but now that I'm old enough to get one I don't think I'm ready to commit. I think it'd be neat tho

Maybe? I don't have one now but yeah if I'd get one I would have to think about it well before getting one.

Back