Would you ever get a tattoo?

I used to kinda want one but I could never think of a good design. By now I know that there's nothing I could permanently tattoo on myself that I wouldn't get sick of seeing haha even if it was like on my back where I couldn't see it just knowing it was there would bother me :V Plus I learned that the colors fade over time (yeah idk how I didn't figure that out right off the bat) and that just lowers the appeal for me even more.
All that said I do think those tattoos that look like water-colors are really neat.

i think i want a few small/tiny ones.. im not sure what exactly to get though so it's probably going to be a long while before i get one

I like big traditional style body suits over tiny tattoos. For me it's go big or go home. If I ever get one, I'd aim for a back piece. I'd need to invest a lot of time finding the right tattoo artist and deciding the imagery, planning out the time and money to get it etc. Because I haven't settled on any of the things above, I'm not gonna get one. I probably wouldn't get one for a while but I'm not opposed to them so it's definitely a possibility in the future.

I have half a dozen already, and yes, I'd get more. I'm holding off right now, because I haven't finalized the design I want.

I’m terrified of needles (more like I hate the pain) but after having one kid and dealing with all the injections for blood work and what not, my skin has toughened up (not to mention all the self harm...). My husband was the one who came up with the idea of getting matching tattoos. I am NOT a fan of name tattoos and thhankfully he isn’t either. So we got the sun and the moon with each other’s initials on the bottom :) They are very sentimental and have so much meaning to them, even though it’s a simple sun/moon design. I have the sun with his initials under and he has the moon with my initials.

The context: I have clinical depression to start off. I’ve had it since I was in the 6th grade (around 10-11 years old), with its peak point being from 7th to 9th grade. This is where all my self harm and suicide attempts have came to play. So I’ve always seen myself being in the “darkness” never really able to truly find my “light” no matter how hard I tried. Well, when I met my husband (10th grade,2012) I was already ready to end my life, he was going to be my last try. And thankfully he understood what was going on, he accepted my condition and my scars and my mentality (yeah him being a year younger he was still a bit immature and had his moments but through it all he accepted it). He was the complete opposite of me, always seeing the good in things, he was so generous and kind.. I was honestly jealous of that. But soon after we had our first child, I felt myself become like him. I started opening up and at least tried to get out of my comfort zone. Now, why the sun and the moon? It’s so overdone! Right? Well, for me it’s not just a “omg that’s so cute! Let’s do it!” No, it’s more of the fact that the only reason why we see the moon is because it’s reflecting light given off by the sun. Before him I had nothing to really show, no one to really help me become who I am today. He has. He’s been the main person to really help me through my depression (which unfortunately I still have) and well most of who I am now is a reflection off of him. Not saying that in a bad way, just saying that he’s helped me be able to show off some “light” that he’s given to me. Also, we are Christians and that’s another way how he’s helped me. He’s helped me get back into Faith and worship and it’s really really helped out our relationship and that’s what made it bloom into a marriage :)

We got our tattoos as a wedding gift, something to signify what we meant to each other. And honestly it didn’t hurt at all. I’ve felt worse pain than a simple tattoo (XD child birth hurts fyi). It meant even more to us because it was our first time getting a tattoo and it was the start of our marriage. Heck we’ve been together for 6 years, we just celebrated our first year being married and honeslty im happy to be spending the rest of my life with him :) He’s really helped me all these years. Literally if I did not meet him and I had met someone else who wasn’t accepting it would have been the end of the line for me. I wasn’t wanting to live past 18, but here I am. :) about to celebrate my 21st and welcome our 2nd child to the world :) And life couldn’t get anymore better for me. (We plan on getting another tattoo sometime this year before he deploys but sometime AFTER the baby is due, April. I was wanting to get a solo tattoo of a fox, based off my personality as well lol, but he wants another matching before he goes. So I rather take a matching with him any day! ^-^ )

And hey! Not every tattoo has to be significant, Im just that type of person who likes to get tattoos with meanings behind them. I’m not one to judge :) And just cause I’m not a fan of name tattoos doesn’t mean I’m going to bash those that do :eek: It’s what you liked/wanted :) No shame in that! ^-^ Everyone can get what they want, where they want.

I think I'm way too sensitive to pain to ever feel comfortable about getting one so that's definitely keeping me from doing it. Since I'm also really indecisive I could also end up regretting it and then it'd just be there, wanted it or not.

Maybe a really small one would be okay though but I've never had my ears pierced either so thinking about the procedure being painful turns me off.

i kind of want one or several tattoos but it'd probably be difficult because i have so much scar tissue everywhere. i also really hate the look many tattoos get after a while, i know you can do touch ups and that good artists will make tattoos that age well but i really really hate that green/gray hue many tattoos get.

Yes !
I have a couple tattoos in mind that I want to get :blush:

I wouldn't want to get any, rather buy some food or something of better use.

I have two. I have a realistic butterfly on my leg/hip and four flowers on my ribs done in like line art. The flowers are my parents and brothers birth flowers.

I am probably good for a while with them.

I would love one in theory, but I don't have very high pain tolerance, so it's not realistic for me.

Over the last couple of years, I had thought about getting one, but now, I've given it less thought. I haven't ruled it out but I'm not considering it as much.

Yep! I already have one and have a ton planned out. One on each thigh, one on each ankle, probably one on at least one of my calves, one on my side and one on my lower back. I just have to save up the money though.

Q: Would you ever get a tattoo?

A: I've never considered getting a tattoo at all. So... I would probably not get a tattoo. Don't think tattoos would be something for me. Plus... I'm not very good with needles, so that's another reason why I wouldn't get one.

Back