Looking for constructive criticism of my town.

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Feedback
100% (152) +
I've been working on my houses a lot recently and my town still needs a few PWPs (that my villagers are being stingy about). I'm looking for some constructive criticism about my town and my houses (except for Dahlia's atm). If you would like to help me out my dream address is 5E00-00C6-B893.

I appreciate all the help!

Sure i'll go and take a look.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Seems the servers are down until 10. I'll take a look then.

OK i'm in now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well i had a good long look all around and it was really nice. I liked all of the hybrids about for one thing. The villagers were cool and your houses were nice as well. I really liked the main room of Morganna's house and her outfit. :)

Oh I love the color schemes of your flowers! What are your plans with the bushes? I think they can come across as a bit 'messy', so I was wondering how you plan to fill that in? Since it clearly looks as if you're working towards something :) I also feel like the square with the yellow bench might look better with two different types of tiles/patterns instead of the clovers (although I do like using them as paths! Makes for a bit of a 'forest-y' town!) and maybe two benches instead of one to makes things more symmetric. Even though I do understand you're not willing to dig out that tree stump with the special pattern :)

I also liked your houses! I really enjoyed the bathroom of your fairytale house, such a nice atmosphere! And the game room, lol! Really curious about the house on the lower east side of your map, that one looks super promising. How cool to make Cyrus alter the fancy frames to look as if you hung specimen on your wall. It looks like the house of a biologist, very nice! With all the scattered papers on the floor to make things look as if a scientist is hard at work there :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also your villager's houses all look so normal haha, well done! Mine all look super crazy because I've always let my villagers buy the furniture I had on me :p

OK i'm in now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well i had a good long look all around and it was really nice. I liked all of the hybrids about for one thing. The villagers were cool and your houses were nice as well. I really liked the main room of Morganna's house and her outfit. :)

Thank you so much for taking a look at my town! Morgana is one of my favorite characters. I was going for a witch/scientist vibe. c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh I love the color schemes of your flowers! What are your plans with the bushes? I think they can come across as a bit 'messy', so I was wondering how you plan to fill that in? Since it clearly looks as if you're working towards something :) I also feel like the square with the yellow bench might look better with two different types of tiles/patterns instead of the clovers (although I do like using them as paths! Makes for a bit of a 'forest-y' town!) and maybe two benches instead of one to makes things more symmetric. Even though I do understand you're not willing to dig out that tree stump with the special pattern :)

I also liked your houses! I really enjoyed the bathroom of your fairytale house, such a nice atmosphere! And the game room, lol! Really curious about the house on the lower east side of your map, that one looks super promising. How cool to make Cyrus alter the fancy frames to look as if you hung specimen on your wall. It looks like the house of a biologist, very nice! With all the scattered papers on the floor to make things look as if a scientist is hard at work there :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also your villager's houses all look so normal haha, well done! Mine all look super crazy because I've always let my villagers buy the furniture I had on me :p

When I get all the villagers I want I'm going to plant the bushes along the river and hopefully fill in the spaces with some kind of blue hybrid. Just to liven things up a bit. I may change my mind later on though because that may end up looking ugly and cluttered. I left the stump there because of the pattern mainly, however I want to maybe plant another one close by to add another "foresty" place to sit. I'm going to change the bench to a different bench as the PWPs become available to me. I just need my villagers to stop being so stingy.
The lower east side house is my "witch/scientist" house! I wanted to make it not such a stereotypical witch house, however I wanted to make it somewhat witch-y. c: I'm so excited to finish her house up because it's such a new thing for me to experiment with.

And the villager houses I haven't messed with too much. I just end up buying all the stuff in retail so I can put up my ores and coffee grounds to sell. >_>;;

I quite enjoyed visiting your dream town I loved the colour co-ordination and the hybrid flowers the top half of your town is really nice and I like the use of bushes, all I can think of is that you should put in some paths or routes to navigate a little bit easier and add some more pwp and tidy it up a little bit, that's my opionion though you've done a really good job :)

Hi! I visited your DA today. Your town is beautiful! The first thing that caught my eye were the mushrooms & path around your town tree. It makes it stand out without smothering it. The next thing that caught my attention was your use of flowers. I was blown away not only by the use of colors but by the mixing of different flowers types as well. Each turn brought a new burst of colors and textures to enjoy. I was also really impressed by your use of buried items as a path element! Such a simple idea but it's so unique and elegant!

The next thing I did was visit your 3 character houses. I wasn't sure if you wanted us going in your villagers houses so I didn't go in them. I also didn't talk to any of your villagers in case you didn't want us to. I can go back to look at them if you'd like but I wanted to make sure to focus on the character houses.

I went to Morgana's first. I love the whole house! The papers on the floor and stacks of books really gave the impression of someone who takes what they're researching seriously. I was completely caught off guard by the mannequin in front of the cauldron in the room on the right! I thought there was someone in there! When I realized what it was I loved it! What a clever little detail! I loved the egg in the room on the left. Is that the egg from Felyne's RV? Did you customize it? I've never seen that egg. I wish it would hatch. :)

I next went into Rei's home. It's a wonderful place! The whimsical feel was perfectly done! The kitchen looked homey & inviting! I wish I could visit your spa room in real life. You created a tranquil space for Rei to unwind in after a busy day of Mayoral duties. The mannequin in there delighted me also!

I finally went to Dalhia's home - mostly out of curiosity. I actually found it quite sweet. I'm assuming you're not done with it yet but it had such an adorable childlike air to it. The upstairs room was very cute! It would make a great place for a preteen to hang out in. I can't wait to see what else you add!

It's obvious that you've put a ton of time, thought & love into your town. I know it's still in progress but it's already incredible! I'd love to come back again when you've finished to see what new delights you've added. Thank you!

I quite enjoyed visiting your dream town I loved the colour co-ordination and the hybrid flowers the top half of your town is really nice and I like the use of bushes, all I can think of is that you should put in some paths or routes to navigate a little bit easier and add some more pwp and tidy it up a little bit, that's my opionion though you've done a really good job :)

Ahhh! Thank you so much! I'm waiting for my villagers to stop being so S T I N G Y with the PWPs. lol I'm not sure what paths I want to use. I'm afraid that I'll go overboard and ruin the whole vibe of my town. However I've been doing a lot of searching and I'm hoping I find the right path soon!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi! I visited your DA today. Your town is beautiful! The first thing that caught my eye were the mushrooms & path around your town tree. It makes it stand out without smothering it. The next thing that caught my attention was your use of flowers. I was blown away not only by the use of colors but by the mixing of different flowers types as well. Each turn brought a new burst of colors and textures to enjoy. I was also really impressed by your use of buried items as a path element! Such a simple idea but it's so unique and elegant!

The next thing I did was visit your 3 character houses. I wasn't sure if you wanted us going in your villagers houses so I didn't go in them. I also didn't talk to any of your villagers in case you didn't want us to. I can go back to look at them if you'd like but I wanted to make sure to focus on the character houses.

I went to Morgana's first. I love the whole house! The papers on the floor and stacks of books really gave the impression of someone who takes what they're researching seriously. I was completely caught off guard by the mannequin in front of the cauldron in the room on the right! I thought there was someone in there! When I realized what it was I loved it! What a clever little detail! I loved the egg in the room on the left. Is that the egg from Felyne's RV? Did you customize it? I've never seen that egg. I wish it would hatch. :)

I next went into Rei's home. It's a wonderful place! The whimsical feel was perfectly done! The kitchen looked homey & inviting! I wish I could visit your spa room in real life. You created a tranquil space for Rei to unwind in after a busy day of Mayoral duties. The mannequin in there delighted me also!

I finally went to Dalhia's home - mostly out of curiosity. I actually found it quite sweet. I'm assuming you're not done with it yet but it had such an adorable childlike air to it. The upstairs room was very cute! It would make a great place for a preteen to hang out in. I can't wait to see what else you add!

It's obvious that you've put a ton of time, thought & love into your town. I know it's still in progress but it's already incredible! I'd love to come back again when you've finished to see what new delights you've added. Thank you!

Yes! The egg item is from Felyne's RV! It's the ottoman egg (and I think it's the fanged something customization). I'm still trying to figure out what I want the front room of Rei's house to look like, and I'm still forever thinking of new ideas to make the kitchen look better. c:

Morgana's house the downstairs I'm making into some kind of shrine. I have another mannequin that I'm going to use down there. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the left room. I might make it into her bedroom?

Dahlia's house is honestly my Sanrio furniture house lol

I haven't done anything with the villager houses, however I buy up all the stuff in retail so I have room to sell my ores and coffee grounds so they probably haven't changed much from their original designs.

Overall, I'm just waiting forever for my villagers to stop being so stupidly stingy with their PWP desires. I'll probably end up doing that diving method to get them to start coming in. I wish I didn't have to resort to it... very time consuming. Morgana's house still has some work to do on it. Rei's kitchen might change again, and the main room will probably change as well. (During Christmas Rei's front room was super Christmas-y. As seen pictured here.) I might actually just change the room with the seasons to make it more interesting and challenging.

I have a lot of ideas in my head that just need to be executed. c:

I have one of those eggs! I didn't know you could customize them! Oh, I must buy another to play with now. I think it's amazing that you have so many great ideas for your characters' houses. I barely have ideas for my single mayor's house. I'd love to see Morgana's house when you're done. Maybe the left room could be a nursery for magical creatures? lol!

Dahlia's house so just so cute to me. I'm guessing the Sanrio items are why.

What's the diving method? I've only been playing since August so I'm still learning. Rei's room looked beautiful! I use the backroom in my house for seasonal decorations. I'm getting ready to go all Valentine's Day come February 1st.

I have one of those eggs! I didn't know you could customize them! Oh, I must buy another to play with now. I think it's amazing that you have so many great ideas for your characters' houses. I barely have ideas for my single mayor's house. I'd love to see Morgana's house when you're done. Maybe the left room could be a nursery for magical creatures? lol!

Dahlia's house so just so cute to me. I'm guessing the Sanrio items are why.

What's the diving method? I've only been playing since August so I'm still learning. Rei's room looked beautiful! I use the backroom in my house for seasonal decorations. I'm getting ready to go all Valentine's Day come February 1st.

The diving method is basically where you fill up your pockets with stuff villagers don't want to buy (like hats and equipment) and you go diving in the ocean for roughly 30 minutes. Then you go up to where your villagers are and try to ping them and hopefully get a PWP. If it doesn't work you have to do it again.

The diving method is basically where you fill up your pockets with stuff villagers don't want to buy (like hats and equipment) and you go diving in the ocean for roughly 30 minutes. Then you go up to where your villagers are and try to ping them and hopefully get a PWP. If it doesn't work you have to do it again.

Wow! I've never heard of this! I've got to try this one day. That's 2 things I've learned from you today that I have to try out. Thank you!

I usually do 9-12 minutes because I have no patience. Xb
Your houses are lovely! I'm in the one with the mermaid set in the front room.
What the gyroid in the spa room? It has a nice noise. the kitchen is nice and open feeling.
I love the basement! All it needs popcorn and friends to get swedish fish stuck in the couch cushions. haHA!
Your upstairs was a little hard to see for me, (I have a hard time seeing really light colors on screen), I turned of the lamp to admire it better. Very nice, it has an 'old hollywood' actress feeling.
On to the next house.
I love all the bug stuff, I love this room, I just want to climb in and read.
Your wich room has great design, it reminds of the witch's hut from early LoZs.
Is your unfinished going to be a park?
Your basement is very interesting, the candles add nice ambiance.
And the last house....has potential!

Ok, first off since you're farming for pwps, the reset using the diving trick is actually 5 minutes, not 30. If you set an alarm to go off every five minutes while you just casually browse online its actually quite quick and I generally get a daily pwp prompt within 30 minutes.

Anyway! I'm only going to focus on town layout, as that's my favorite thing to focus on and also because when I visited your town I found myself a bit stumped on how to get around. Anyways, the first image is your town now. The red lines signify anything that seemed like a path. The yellow areas signify areas with no paths or that I otherwise found confusing to navigate.

The second image is an example of how I would use this map layout, just purely an option and not what I think you should or need to do. I preserved anything I saw as good choices from your current layout, but I did move every villager home, I think...

tumblr_p357kfAUrd1u5h0x1o1_1280.png

tumblr_p357kfAUrd1u5h0x1o2_1280.png

My town style is probably a little over organised, as I tend to get a bit too easily overwhelmed lol. I like your use of flowers, its a bit similar to what I do. (filling up big areas with hybrids)

As for finding a path to suit your town, I think since you use so many flowers and plants, you could easily have simple empty spots to form a path with all other spots being filled in with flowers. You could also try having worn paths too.

Sorry if I came off as a bit mean, I would've talked about houses, but since it was a bit hard to get around I thought this would be more helpful? maybe idk....

Edit! also a note about using tile paths in a town full of flowers and plants. In my experience if you have a lot of the tiles of the town occupied by plants, flowers or design tiles, you will start to find that flowers will start disappearing, generally for me in groups of 3. This only started happening to me once maybe 95% of the towns tiles were occupied, but I think it's an important thing to consider. I think there's a few reasons this happens, and I'm going to assume its to stop gamebreaking by messing with ground spawns? not sure.

Last edited:
I usually do 9-12 minutes because I have no patience. Xb
Your houses are lovely! I'm in the one with the mermaid set in the front room.
What the gyroid in the spa room? It has a nice noise. the kitchen is nice and open feeling.
I love the basement! All it needs popcorn and friends to get swedish fish stuck in the couch cushions. haHA!
Your upstairs was a little hard to see for me, (I have a hard time seeing really light colors on screen), I turned of the lamp to admire it better. Very nice, it has an 'old hollywood' actress feeling.
On to the next house.
I love all the bug stuff, I love this room, I just want to climb in and read.
Your wich room has great design, it reminds of the witch's hut from early LoZs.
Is your unfinished going to be a park?
Your basement is very interesting, the candles add nice ambiance.
And the last house....has potential!

Thank you for visiting! I'm not quite sure what I want the unfinished room in my witch house to be at this moment. Kinda waiting for an idea to hit me lol c: If I remember correctly the gyroid in the bathroom is a mini lullaboid.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok, first off since you're farming for pwps, the reset using the diving trick is actually 5 minutes, not 30. If you set an alarm to go off every five minutes while you just casually browse online its actually quite quick and I generally get a daily pwp prompt within 30 minutes.

Anyway! I'm only going to focus on town layout, as that's my favorite thing to focus on and also because when I visited your town I found myself a bit stumped on how to get around. Anyways, the first image is your town now. The red lines signify anything that seemed like a path. The yellow areas signify areas with no paths or that I otherwise found confusing to navigate.

The second image is an example of how I would use this map layout, just purely an option and not what I think you should or need to do. I preserved anything I saw as good choices from your current layout, but I did move every villager home, I think...

tumblr_p357kfAUrd1u5h0x1o1_1280.png

tumblr_p357kfAUrd1u5h0x1o2_1280.png

My town style is probably a little over organised, as I tend to get a bit too easily overwhelmed lol. I like your use of flowers, its a bit similar to what I do. (filling up big areas with hybrids)

As for finding a path to suit your town, I think since you use so many flowers and plants, you could easily have simple empty spots to form a path with all other spots being filled in with flowers. You could also try having worn paths too.

Sorry if I came off as a bit mean, I would've talked about houses, but since it was a bit hard to get around I thought this would be more helpful? maybe idk....

Edit! also a note about using tile paths in a town full of flowers and plants. In my experience if you have a lot of the tiles of the town occupied by plants, flowers or design tiles, you will start to find that flowers will start disappearing, generally for me in groups of 3. This only started happening to me once maybe 95% of the towns tiles were occupied, but I think it's an important thing to consider. I think there's a few reasons this happens, and I'm going to assume its to stop gamebreaking by messing with ground spawns? not sure.
I haven't really focused on paths and layouts currently due to the fact I'm missing a good chunk of my dream villagers and PWPs. I've mainly been focusing on my houses and getting the projects lol

The idea for paths is a really good one. Thank you for pointing it out to me! And you didn't come across as rude or mean to me at all. c:

Back