• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Least Favorite Household Chore?

Katelyn

Check out my PWYW Shops~
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Jack
Lucky
Purple Bat Potion
Lobo
Mint
Coco
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Isabelle
I absolutely despise doing dishes. Thankfully, my boyfriend hates doing laundry so we made an agreement that as long as he washes all of the dishes I'll do all of the laundry lol

What about you? What household chore(s) do you absolutely hate?

Dishes. The problem is not as much the chore itself for me, it's that I don't have a dishwasher and I'm really grossed out by a lot at the thought of yucky old food having been on my plates. In the end I just went to using paper plates, bowls, and plastic silverware.

Dishes. The problem is not as much the chore itself for me, it's that I don't have a dishwasher and I'm really grossed out by a lot at the thought of yucky old food having been on my plates. In the end I just went to using paper plates, bowls, and plastic silverware.

Yes! That's the exact same reason I hate doing dishes. I wouldn't mind so much if I had a dishwasher because then I'd just have to throw the bigger stuff away and then just throw it in there. But the thought of touching the wet food and grease and whatnot grosses me out.

Last edited:
If the food grosses you out, get some gloves! I use them and while it's still kinda gross, it ensures your hands are clean ^_^
I dislike cleaning my room. I'm not the best at keeping it clean lately ^_^"

doing the dishes. i hate having wet hands it makes me feel icky

I don't like cleaning places nearer the ground or in crevices, mostly because we've had mice before and I just think *germs everywhere*. I love doing the dishes and folding laundry - so zen - and I think using toss-able (even recyclable) plates/utensils is just beyond wasteful. :c

I haaaaaate laundry with a passion. Unfortunately, I’m the only one who knows how to use the washer/dryer so it’s my chore.

Cleaning the toilet.

Surely nothing is worse than that!

If the food grosses you out, get some gloves! I use them and while it's still kinda gross, it ensures your hands are clean ^_^

Hm... For me, it's not even touching it (although that would be awful!), it's more having to think about me cleaning it and then eating off of that sometime later like it's clean. It's very hard to describe, I'm sure I'm doing an awful job. It's just, if I can put it in a dishwasher I don't have to think about any of it, and I'm okay.

Dishes!
I hate the dirty water and sometimes the odd bit of food floating about in there. Yuck!

Eh changing the sheets in my bed because it's kinda big for one person and it's in a corner so I always have to drag it out and throw everything around. So yeah, I can take whatever not that lol.

Changing the sheets feels like the most overwhelming one for some reason. :D Realizing that I have to change the sheets instantly makes me lose motivation; it's the worst to try to fold the bottom sheet under the mattress properly so the sides of the sheet won't slip out.

Ugh I hate laundry right now! I mean, I love folding them and putting them away MY WAY, but right now being almost 7 months pregnant it hurts my back so much. But the chore I hate the most is vacuuming! I hate the sound, it hurts my ears so bad. I dislike doing the dishes when there?s too many or I have no motivation to do them. Other than that I?m pretty fond of most my chores. My son helps out too so I?m glad :)

laundry is really annoying, mostly because i don't have a washing machine and have to use one in the cellars of the apartment blocks i live in. :(

Changing the sheets feels like the most overwhelming one for some reason. :D Realizing that I have to change the sheets instantly makes me lose motivation; it's the worst to try to fold the bottom sheet under the mattress properly so the sides of the sheet won't slip out.

Yeah that and it's like too much stuff at once and for it to fold properly and not slip away completely ah

Q: Least Favorite Household Chore?

A: My least favorite household chore would have to be cleaning the bathroom. I usually feel grossed out whenever I have to clean there. Though I always make sure to have my hair up in a bun and wear gloves before I start to clean the bathroom.

I like most of it except... folding the laundry! I don't know why exactly, it's just the most boring thing ever. And then my partner's clothing takes up pretty much every drawer, so I have to play Tetris to squeeze my clothes and the kid's clothes in a tight space. It is ugh. How does one man take up 2 whole dressers and 2 closets to store clothing?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Eh changing the sheets in my bed because it's kinda big for one person and it's in a corner so I always have to drag it out and throw everything around. So yeah, I can take whatever not that lol.

Oh, this one too. I don't know if I'll ever master this art. I always try putting it on sideways first by accident and it doesn't fit, then I try to climb on the bed and get it to fit on the last corner but it doesn't work and just ends up coming off when I sleep on it.

Last edited:
Back